2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called around 4:30 CT and they still haven't sent me a confirmation email. Assuming they'll get to it tomorrow?
Ah okay thank you, same, I'm still waiting. hopefully we'll get it tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

II around 1 hour ago! Complete 7/20, OOS, earliest interview date available on the portal was late November

Reactions: 4 users
II around 1 hour ago! Complete 7/20, OOS, earliest interview date available on the portal was late November
Congrats! Do you know when their last open interview date is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Do you know when their last open interview date is?

Thank you! Unfortunately I didn’t look at the dates past November. The latest dates I saw were right before Thanksgiving.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have an idea of when WashU's earliest As are sent out? I am seeing conflicting information between MSAR, WashU's website, and last year's SDN thread. Sounds like they don't send any on Oct 15th though.

Anyone have an idea of when WashU's earliest As are sent out? I am seeing conflicting information between MSAR, WashU's website, and last year's SDN thread. Sounds like they don't send any on Oct 15th though.
Last year they started sending As around oct 25.

I interviewed a few days ago and my experience was definitely NOT stressful (actually, the least stressful of all the interviews I've done so far!). My interviewers were so warm and friendly, and really let me talk about my passions and it felt more like a genuine conversation than an interview.
I will echo this

For those who have interviewed, during the actual interview day are there any other activities/sessions other than the two interviews you have scheduled?

For those who have interviewed, during the actual interview day are there any other activities/sessions other than the two interviews you have scheduled?
That was all I had scheduled that day. I did the virtual tour and standardized video stuff in the days before.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who have interviewed, when did you receive your interview times ? I have mine tomorrow and haven't gotten them yet.

For those who have interviewed, when did you receive your interview times ? I have mine tomorrow and haven't gotten them yet.
I got it a business day before my actual interview in an email.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was with distinct pleasure that Washington University School of Medicine... has given you another heart attack

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
ngl this is making me lowkey want to withdraw my application... lol

Hi guys, MSTP applicant here. I noticed people getting invites and Rs from WashU who were complete after me, but unfortunately, I've still not heard from them yet (barring these interest emails). They say their review process takes about a month or so, so I was wondering if anyone can guess what's going on with my app? I was complete in early/mid August.

Hi guys, MSTP applicant here. I noticed people getting invites and Rs from WashU who were complete after me, but unfortunately, I've still not heard from them yet (barring these interest emails). They say their review process takes about a month or so, so I was wondering if anyone can guess what's going on with my app? I was complete in early/mid August.

Lol I was complete mid July and haven’t heard anything yet, you’re fine

This is ridiculous. How out of touch do they have to be to realize we don’t want these emails.

Reactions: 2 users
It was with distinct pleasure that Washington University School of Medicine... has given you another heart attack

These emails are the true interview process to determine who can remain standing XD

Ahh II just now!! Almost overlooked it because of all these informational emails lol :hilarious:

OOS, complete 7/18. Interview dates were open for last week of October.

Interview invite first one ever currently crying in zoom university class AHHHH !!!!! complete 9/14 LM ~81 ORM

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Yo, when is WashU gonna start sending out II's to us folks with LM<80? I know their MSAR stats are astronomical, but please!

Reactions: 3 users
Any idea when we can start expecting As to be sent out this year? Last year they went out around Oct 25th, so wondering if Covid will push that to later

Any idea when we can start expecting As to be sent out this year? Last year they went out around Oct 25th, so wondering if Covid will push that to later

Yeah I’m not sure either. I suppose you could look at when they sent their earliest II last year for reference?

FYI to anyone doing the asynchronous component - the practice questions are very light and fun (or at least mine were), this is not indicative at all of the actual questions which are much more standard interview fare. Definitely threw off my answer to the first question!

Reactions: 8 users
II as well. LM 78. ORM, OOS. complete 8/15

Last edited:
II! Is anyone else having trouble with the portal?

Edit: Complete 7/22

II! Was feeling super down because of a WL today but now I have more things to look forward too :)
Edit: complete early Aug

II! Is anyone else having trouble with the portal?

Edit: Complete 7/22

Yeah it was v v slow with me. But if you wait for a few minutes it'll eventually process your request.

The amp portal was really bad for me when I wanted to schedule an interview the date I got it. If you want to schedule today I would call the admission office (or email them) or wait until tomorrow once traffic slows down a little.

also for those who already interviewed- should we schedule the tour and admissions discussion before or after the interview? Also what is the conversations w/ admissions even? Is it a formal thing, like almost another interview, or totally casual?
Thanks!

also for those who already interviewed- should we schedule the tour and admissions discussion before or after the interview? Also what is the conversations w/ admissions even? Is it a formal thing, like almost another interview, or totally casual?
Thanks!
It's completely up to you when you schedule them. I did mine after! I wouldn't stress about the day. It's all very chill and they spend most of the time trying to sell WASHU to you.

Thanks!
I interviewed this past Tuesday but I did my tour and admissions discussion the week before and I thought it was helpful because it let me learn about some of the cool things happening at WashU directly from students/faculty. But its totally up to you I think because some students on my tour had interviewed before. Also it was super informal and informational, nothing to stress about.

Thanks!
Personal preference. I personally scheduled the tour for a couple days before and the finance and admission discussion the day of (I'm guessing by the timings it's the interviews in the morning then the discussions in the afternoon).

I couldn't schedule a date when I called because it was down on their end too

For me, what worked was just powering through it and repeatedly clicking the interview dates until I didn't get an error message haha.