2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would I have to report following too closely then? It's apparently described as "careless" driving.

You can always contact admissions to ask. If it is a misdemeanor in your state, and you didn’t have it dismissed via deferred disposition or defensive driving or what have you, I, personally, would report it.

I can’t imagine that it’d hurt you at all. If anything, someone will read it, and, without hesitation, throw it back in the normal pile.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else having issues logging into their secondary portal? I am always getting redirected to the login screen even after I enter everything correctly (not getting an error message either)

How long did it take y'all to get marked complete? I submitted last Friday and have checkmarks by the secondary and fee entries in the checklist but it still says my application isn't ready. Does WashU not approve our letters until after we submit the secondary? That's the only thing I could think of that might be holding it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take y'all to get marked complete? I submitted last Friday and have checkmarks by the secondary and fee entries in the checklist but it still says my application isn't ready. Does WashU not approve our letters until after we submit the secondary? That's the only thing I could think of that might be holding it up.

I’m still not complete since I’m waiting on a committee letter, but in the email they sent after submitting it says to allow for 15 days for the processing of letters, so I assume they don’t look at/approve them until you click submit

Reactions: 1 users

Two days from submitting to being complete.

hey ;) i submitted 7/27, "your application has been processed" email 8/3 (today). you're probably gucci.

• Care
My letters were received on 7/6, I submitted my secondary on 7/22, and I think it was marked complete a few days after that. So, I think the 15-day notional timeline to approve the letters doesn't start once you click submit. I think it's before that.

I was checking my document statuses, and one of my letters says it has not been "approved" by the WUSTL admissions office, but the rest have and they were all received at the same time. Does anyone else have that issue?

I was checking my document statuses, and one of my letters says it has not been "approved" by the WUSTL admissions office, but the rest have and they were all received at the same time. Does anyone else have that issue?
I had one not approved, emailed them, and it was missing something. Had the LOR reuploaded today and it was updated on their system but not approved yet (Uploaded close to 5 so figured it’ll change in a few days)

I had one not approved, emailed them, and it was missing something. Had the LOR reuploaded today and it was updated on their system but not approved yet (Uploaded close to 5 so figured it’ll change in a few days)
Thanks, I'll reach out to them too. Did you just have your recommender re-upload it to AMCAS using the same Letter ID and it automatically updated? Or did you have to re-submit that letter?

Thanks, I'll reach out to them too. Did you just have your recommender re-upload it to AMCAS using the same Letter ID and it automatically updated? Or did you have to re-submit that letter?
Had my recommender re-upload with the same letter ID :) it’s mostly updated immediately too at all my schools there’s just a few I can tell don’t have the updated version but that could just be them not inputting it manually

I also have one not approved. I did get the "Application Complete" e-mail though, so I don't know if they've decided they just don't need it? It's possible, as I have a Committee letter as well that satisfies their requirements.

I also have one not approved. I did get the "Application Complete" e-mail though, so I don't know if they've decided they just don't need it? It's possible, as I have a Committee letter as well that satisfies their requirements.
I had the same thing, one not approved but technically complete and under review since I met their minimum letter requirements. For me this was a pretty important letter that I wanted them to have though so if that’s the same for you doesn’t hurt to reach out

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah exact same situation. I reached out and they changed it to approved, so maybe if you have a committee letter or something they only approve the ones that are necessary unless you ask them

Is anyone else having issues logging into their secondary portal? I am always getting redirected to the login screen even after I enter everything correctly (not getting an error message either)
I had this problem. Try logging in from a different browser. That worked for me.

Had my recommender re-upload with the same letter ID :) it’s mostly updated immediately too at all my schools there’s just a few I can tell don’t have the updated version but that could just be them not inputting it manually
Hey, I recently had to do the same thing- have my recommender re-upload with the same letter ID for WashU- do you think I have to email all the other schools the letter got re-uploaded for, letting them know the same letter got resubmitted, just with the proper format? Or should I leave it as is? What did you do?

Hey, I recently had to do the same thing- have my recommender re-upload with the same letter ID for WashU- do you think I have to email all the other schools the letter got re-uploaded for, letting them know the same letter got resubmitted, just with the proper format? Or should I leave it as is? What did you do?
I didn’t reach out to any other schools bc I saw the date uploaded changed for that specific letter on schools websites so I figured they would figure it out

I submitted my payment and received 1 receipt but then the fee by WashU was charged to my account twice - one was completed and the other was pending. does anyone have the same problem? is it a bad idea to reach out and ask them about that? I don't want to leave a bad impression but i need that money to submit other secondaries lol.

I submitted my payment and received 1 receipt but then the fee by WashU was charged to my account twice - one was completed and the other was pending. does anyone have the same problem? is it a bad idea to reach out and ask them about that? I don't want to leave a bad impression but i need that money to submit other secondaries lol.
If the pending charge ends up charging your account twice, I would send a copy of that statement to them and respectfully ask they remove the second charge. I don't see how that would leave a bad impression. You are politely sticking up for yourself and need that money for other stuff. No need to get charged twice if that pending charge ends up drawing from your account twice. I would e-mail them if it was my credit card.

For anyone who re-uploaded a letter, did your letter get approved by the Admissions Committee a few days later or did you have to send an email/call them for it to get approved? I re-uploaded last week and mine hasn't been approved yet, so wondering if I should reach out.

For anyone who re-uploaded a letter, did your letter get approved by the Admissions Committee a few days later or did you have to send an email/call them for it to get approved? I re-uploaded last week and mine hasn't been approved yet, so wondering if I should reach out.
I emailed them the same day mine got re-uploaded and it got approved ASAP. They're really good with replying so I would definitely email their admissions office about it!

I emailed them the same day mine got re-uploaded and it got approved ASAP. They're really good with replying so I would definitely email their admissions office about it!
Got it, will definitely do that then, thanks! :)

I didn’t reach out to any other schools bc I saw the date uploaded changed for that specific letter on schools websites so I figured they would figure it out
Me again, kinda neurotic question but do you think if we were complete at a prior date and had a letter re-uploaded, that brings our completed app to the bottom of the pile? To the date of the "new" uploaded letter? If anyone else has any idea I'd love to hear it lmao

Me again, kinda neurotic question but do you think if we were complete at a prior date and had a letter re-uploaded, that brings our completed app to the bottom of the pile? To the date of the "new" uploaded letter? If anyone else has any idea I'd love to hear it lmao

I’m an applicant (just like you), so take what I say with a grain of salt. But that doesn’t sound as if it would be anything close to reasonable. They may not review entirely in chronological order either.

I’m an applicant (just like you), so take what I say with a grain of salt. But that doesn’t sound as if it would be anything close to reasonable. They may not review entirely in chronological order either.
This makes me feel better. This letter was re-sent to all my schools and I feel a little bummed that all my work of turning in my secondaries early might end up have being a waste of time.

This makes me feel better. This letter was re-sent to all my schools and I feel a little bummed that all my work of turning in my secondaries early might end up have being a waste of time.

I understand. We’re all a little on edge right now. You saw my post on the Pritzker page, in which my own potentially irrational concerns were on full display.

I understand. We’re all a little on edge right now. You saw my post on the Pritzker page, in which my own potentially irrational concerns were on full display.
I feel the same way, that there may be a red flag with my app or something wrong (in my case this reuploaded LOR), we're gonna be fine! We will eventually get that first II! Just have to be patient.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else just get the "Thank you for your interest in Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis!" email? That was deeply cruel, I got so excited... maybe it means they're gonna send out II's soon though? *hopeful*

Reactions: 22 users
My heart literally stopped...oh washu you cruel temptress

• Haha
Did anyone else just get the "Thank you for your interest in Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis!" email? That was deeply cruel, I got so excited... maybe it means they're gonna send out II's soon though? *hopeful*
Lol yeah I was like ??? does this mean I’m not yet rejected?

Anyone else not get the email?

Reactions: 4 users
people posted about it 7 min before I got it so y'all still might get it.. that said it might not mean anything if you don't considering at some schools a portion of applicants randomly don't get complete emails and others do

We have to go through the natural grieving process of unnecessary admissions emails
1. Freak out because it might be an II.
2. Freak out because you look more closely and think it might be an R.
3. Anger upon realization that you are now experiencing nervous sweats and heart palpitations for no reason.
4. Frantically check SDN to see if anyone else got the email.
5. Don your tin foil hat and apply clown makeup and ask yourself , "WhAT dOeS IT MeaN???"
I love you all, and we'll get through this together.

• Haha
Reactions: 32 users
I submitted my secondary a few days ago and it was "completed" this morning around 9am EST. I got this "thanks for applying" email a few minutes ago as well, so I don't think it means anything at all. Hopefully that calms some people down if you haven't received it!

I submitted my secondary a few days ago and it was "completed" this morning around 9am EST. I got this "thanks for applying" email a few minutes ago as well, so I don't think it means anything at all. Hopefully that calms some people down if you haven't received it!
thank you for sharing this lol rlly thought I was donezo

they did it to MSTP applicants as well...+1 for terrifying chest constriction and exactly what @Idahomie said above T.T

• Sad
We have to go through the natural grieving process of unnecessary admissions emails
1. Freak out because it might be an II.
2. Freak out because you look more closely and think it might be an R.
3. Anger upon realization that you are now experiencing nervous sweats and heart palpitations for no reason.
4. Frantically check SDN to see if anyone else got the email.
5. Don your tin foil hat and apply clown makeup and ask yourself , "WhAT dOeS IT MeaN???"
I love you all, and we'll get through this together.
I feel personally attacked

• Haha
I am honestly really curious to know what goes through certain adcoms' minds when they send out these emails lol....like, do they know they're giving us a heart attack? Is this supposed to be survival of the fittest and whichever applicants can survive the gut-wrenching false alarms make it? lol

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else think washus interview format is kinda overkill?

Are applicants to complete the asynchronous interview before they receive an invite to interview with faculty?