2020-2021 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an II!
II just now! OOS, LM 65
Got an II from them yesterday around noon!

Anyone else schedule for 09/22? :)
When did yall submit your secondary? What's your stats or LM if I may ask?
Submitted mine on 8/7

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone ever get rejected after that "your application is under final review" email, because the suspense is killing me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone ever get rejected after that "your application is under final review" email, because the suspense is killing me.
Judging by past years threads it seems everyone that got that email besides one person I’ve seen gets an II within 2 weeks. I received it this year and got it 2 days later. My guess is it’s a great sign but not a 100% guarantee

II last Friday as well! Also got that same final review email the day before the invite

Reactions: 1 user
II received just now. I’m OOS, 507 MCAT, meh GPA.

Reactions: 1 users
CONGRATS to everyone who's getting IIs!!!

Submitted secondary on 7/27 and still no final review email or II... Anybody on the same boat? :(

Reactions: 7 users
II today at 12:12 PM! Got the final review email on Friday as well

Last edited:
I submit my secondary on 7/24 and just now got an email that they received it.... wondering what the hold up was

I got nervous because I wanted to see where I stood and so I emailed and they said....

"We have received your supplemental application. If we have any questions, we will reach out.
Thank you.
Best Regards,"

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have submitted the secondary, did you guys preview your secondary in a PDF? It seems that sentences are cut off but I'm under the character limit.
Did you ever find the answer to this? I am having the same problem

Nope, but I submitted it anyway lol.

If anyone emailed them about it, please share!
I also had the same problem and decided to email them, but they haven't gotten back to me and i'm just wondering if I should just send the secondary in anyway?

I also had the same problem and decided to email them, but they haven't gotten back to me and i'm just wondering if I should just send the secondary in anyway?

I emailed an admissions rep and she said they will be able to see it on their end! Just heard back a few mins ago

II today at 12:12 PM! Got the final review email on Friday as well
I just received the email that says “This message confirms receipt...Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the faculty review process before receiving official notification of your application status.”

this is different from the “final review “email everyone is talking about right?When did y’all receive the “final review” email in relation to this one? SUPER NERVOUS HERE

I just received the email that says “This message confirms receipt...Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the faculty review process before receiving official notification of your application status.”

this is different from the “final review “email everyone is talking about right?When did y’all receive the “final review” email in relation to this one? SUPER NERVOUS HERE
when did you submit the 2°?

Just got the email that I'm under review, fingers crossed!!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the CASPer required or just optional here? Their website says required, but I don't see it on other sites like the Choose DO explorer.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the CASPer required or just optional here? Their website says required, but I don't see it on other sites like the Choose DO explorer.
Required

Yes, it is. I remember sending mine through CASPer.

Just got the email that I'm under review, fingers crossed!!
Also just got this e-mail! Is this different from the "final review e-mail"?
Submitted 7/28
Got the "Supplemental Application Received" e-mail 8/18
Got the "Application is Under Review" e-mail saying to anticipate 1-2 weeks for a decision today (8/25)

Also just got this e-mail! Is this different from the "final review e-mail"?
Submitted 7/28
Got the "Supplemental Application Received" e-mail 8/18
Got the "Application is Under Review" e-mail saying to anticipate 1-2 weeks for a decision today (8/25)

I'm not sure. Someone can correct me but it does seem to be different. Others in the thread seemed to receive this email, the "final review" email a week or so later, and then an II very shortly after the final review email

about the secondary prompts, it says to list activities for the past 3 years. What if you are a non-trad? should I still only include activities in that particular time span or is this just more directed to undergraduate students?

about the secondary prompts, it says to list activities for the past 3 years. What if you are a non-trad? should I still only include activities in that particular time span or is this just more directed to undergraduate students?
I listed work and anything else I’ve been up to.

II! Received the "final review" email on Friday, received complete email 8/13

II! Received the "final review" email on Friday, received complete email 8/13

Congrats!!

Could you clarify: Did you receive three total emails before your II?

I received: " This message confirms receipt of your Supplemental Admissions Application to the Osteopathic Medicine program at Touro University Nevada. Your application is currently under review..." on 8/17

Today I received: " Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate one to two weeks ... for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision..."

Is there ANOTHER Final Review email that you received after these first two?

Congrats!!

I received: " This message confirms receipt of your Supplemental Admissions Application to the Osteopathic Medicine program at Touro University Nevada. Your application is currently under review..." on 8/17

Today I received: " Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate one to two weeks ... for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision..."

Yup! It's the "supplemental received" email, then the "your app is currently under review" email, and then after that I got a "your application is in the final review stage and you will be notified soon with the next decision" email. Yeah it's a lot lol

Congrats!!

Yea there's another email that specifically says final review after that one

Yup! It's the "supplemental received" email, then the "your app is currently under review" email, and then after that I got a "your application is in the final review stage and you will be notified soon with the next decision" email. Yeah it's a lot lol
Yea there's another email that specifically says final review after that one

Gotcha, thanks so much :cool:

Also received an II! I received both the "complete" and "final review" email last Friday. Secondary submitted 7/27.

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted 7/30 and got the received email on 8/20. I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that has been rejected right after the final review email?

I know this school requires two science letters. I'm waiting for my 2nd science letter to come in.

Should I submit my application now? Or wait on the letter as it should be ready within the next few weeks :(

I know this school requires two science letters. I'm waiting for my 2nd science letter to come in.

Should I submit my application now? Or wait on the letter as it should be ready within the next few weeks :(
Submit now. Get it in early.

Submit now. Get it in early.

Thank you. Will do.

Just wondering, is it possible for them to offer me an interview before reading my 2nd science letter? (I already have 3 letters submitted, just waiting on this last one).

Thank you. Will do.

Just wondering, is it possible for them to offer me an interview before reading my 2nd science letter? (I already have 3 letters submitted, just waiting on this last one).
I wish I knew. It's possible but adcoms are wild.

The supplemental questions from Touro are almost the same questions as the work/activities section on AACOMAS. Would it be bad to just copy and paste from main AACOMAS application? Since I'm basically saying the same things?

How are you guys doing this section?

The supplemental questions from Touro are almost the same questions as the work/activities section on AACOMAS. Would it be bad to just copy and paste from main AACOMAS application? Since I'm basically saying the same things?

How are you guys doing this section?

I just wrote a sentence to describe each activity (II received). But it’s more than fair to share more. You could highlight different aspects of each activity if you wanted.

Just got the “Your application is in the final review stage and you will be notified soon with the next decision” email. How long does it usually take after you receive this email??

Just got the “Your application is in the final review stage and you will be notified soon with the next decision” email. How long does it usually take after you receive this email??
I received an II the day after I received that email but it probably varies.

Received mine this evening as well! Best of luck to you!

Kind of a random question, but what happens if you never submit your Casper? Are you just never completed and the admissions committee won't look at your application?

This message confirms receipt of your Supplemental Admissions Application to the Osteopathic Medicine program at Touro University Nevada. Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the faculty review process before receiving official notification of your application status. As a reminder, all status updates will be sent by email.

Is this the email you are speaking about or no? Can anyone who got an II tell me at what stage they got this email?