2020-2021 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 secondary received, primary submitted July 13th

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone had problems accessing the portal? It first said I had an account (which I have no clue how I could have), the password reset wouldn't work, and once I made a new account it won't let me log in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had problems accessing the portal? It first said I had an account (which I have no clue how I could have), the password reset wouldn't work, and once I made a new account it won't let me log in.
yea it happened to me too bc I didn't log out properly. I had to erase my browser history/cache and close all my windows to get it to work again

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone explain how to answer the credit hours completed and cumulative gpa to date questions on the post-secondary education section? I was a transfer student so I attended a few different campuses before I started my four-year university. And I can't contact the office bc its closed till Thursday :/

For the question about applying for financial aid, would answering one or the other affect your admission chances? And I know it mentions having financial aid on their website but I'm not sure if their DO program has it as well?

For the question about applying for financial aid, would answering one or the other affect your admission chances? And I know it mentions having financial aid on their website but I'm not sure if their DO program has it as well?

Besides scholarships, the financial aid you receive through FAFSA is entirely loans.

For the secondary, did you all basically copy paste what was already written on the primary application? It seems really redundant! Thanks.

For the secondary, did you all basically copy paste what was already written on the primary application? It seems really redundant! Thanks.

I'd like to know this too. Do we write new descriptions? Do we list our experiences and not describe? I really don't understand what use they have in asking for our experiences again if it's already in the primary... Does anyone know why Touro even does this?

Are you all using the link TUNCOM sent and completing other Touro secondaries as well? It seems like we could select other ones.

I'd like to know this too. Do we write new descriptions? Do we list our experiences and not describe? I really don't understand what use they have in asking for our experiences again if it's already in the primary... Does anyone know why Touro even does this?

Idk if it’ll make a difference, but I just straight-up listed mine. If they want to see the descriptions, they can look at both my primary app and resume. But that was just my approach!

Members don't see this ad :)
SO I emailed them asking this and if we should format it as an essay or bullet list, this is what they said "Either one will work, but please only include information that cannot be found in your primary application. If there is nothing to add, you can leave these blank."

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
SO I emailed them asking this and if we should format it as an essay or bullet list, this is what they said "Either one will work, but please only include information that cannot be found in your primary application. If there is nothing to add, you can leave these blank."

Lol thank you for clearing this up for anyone else asking this question!! Wish they would’ve specified before, but this will save a lot of time for those that haven’t filled it out yet :)

Are you srs? The prompt should have said that... I was just about ready blow my brains out after typing in all that BS. Too late now, already submitted it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you srs? The prompt should have said that... I was just about ready blow my brains out after typing in all that BS. Too late now, already submitted it.

For real. Not impressed that they couldn't leave simple instructions like that.

i completely agree, tbh I got the email after I submitted it. Instructions definitely didn't imply that's what we're supposed to do at all

Wow, I'm glad I looked at this thread before filling out that section!

so are you guys just listing your things like:
1. Hospital Volunteer- X Hospital, 200 hours
2. President of X club
etc.?
Based on the previous comments it looks like we don't have to fill out that section if you already have them in your primary. I wish they made the instructions more clear on the secondary app

For the academic record where it says "credit hours attemped to date" should we include P/F classes or just the overall graded hours listed on AACOMAS?

Just received secondary despite no MCAT (took Aug 1). Does the other Touro campuses do this as well?

Has anyone else confirmed that we don't need to fill out the secondary prompts if there's nothing new?

Has anyone else confirmed that we don't need to fill out the secondary prompts if there's nothing new?
I left all those questions blank, and emailed them if it was ok since all that information is the same as in my primary. She said it was fine.

Reactions: 2 users
I left all those questions blank, and emailed them if it was ok since all that information is the same as in my primary. She said it was fine.
Thank you for providing the board with this information. If I wrote short paragraphs of 1000 characters to answer the questions, do you believe that will be a problem? Will I be penalized for writing short paragraphs of "What award(s) or recognition(s) have you received within the last five years" and " Employment experience during the last three years" for example even though these things are covered in my AACOMAS application? Is it better to list out experiences for the prompts or would you recommend that I write paragraphs? Any input from anyone on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Because the secondary prompts ask about things that are already contained in our AACOMAS application, will our AACOMAS application be the deciding factor on whether we get an interview or not?

The prompts ask for any awards from the last 5 years and any employment, volunteering, etc. in the last 3 years. This contradicts the idea that we just include just things since we submitted AACOMAS. I am confused. Any input from anybody would be greatly appreciated!!!

The prompts ask for any awards from the last 5 years and any employment, volunteering, etc. in the last 3 years. This contradicts the idea that we just include just things since we submitted AACOMAS. I am confused. Any input from anybody would be greatly appreciated!!!
She did say if there is anything new to be added that was done after the submission of the primary, it would be worth it. However it was encouraged not to repeat what was on the primary. Don't worry though - adcoms won't penalize you!

Hey guys, I have some questions for the secondary:

1) For the Post-Secondary Academic Record section, are you guys filling out GPA and credits and all of that information? I have five schools so I would have to go and calculate GPA/credits for each school.

2) Are you filling out the Recommendations section if you already sent your LORs to AACOMAS?

1) For the Post-Secondary Academic Record section, are you guys filling out GPA and credits and all of that information? I have five schools so I would have to go and calculate GPA/credits for each school.

2) Are you filling out the Recommendations section if you already sent your LORs to AACOMAS?

For the academic record, I used my unofficial transcripts from each school to get the proper GPA and credits. For recommendations, if you read their secondary invite email carefully it says that osteopathic student applicants don't have to fill that out.

So they acknowledged that they’re giving out secondaries without an MCAT score. But has anyone confirmed if they’re I’ll be sending interview invites without an MCAT as well or no?

Should I just bullet point this secondary or are they wanting us to describe the activity?

For those who have submitted the secondary, did you guys preview your secondary in a PDF? It seems that sentences are cut off but I'm under the character limit.

This is lame :/ some of you are getting secondaries without an MCAT score, but I got an email that said: " Your application has been placed on hold because an official and valid MCAT score does not appear in your AACOMAS. Please note, scores must be no older than June 2018 to be considered valid for applicants matriculating August 2021. Once an official and valid score is posted to your AACOMAS, we will review your application and determine your eligibility for the secondary TUN application. Please keep in mind, review of your application may take four to six weeks after receipt of official scores."

I'm taking my MCAT Aug 14th, what has the turn-around been for reviewing/sending secondary invites? Does the secondary have any essay questions? Has anyone gotten interview invites yet? Please share your dates of submission so I can get a better picture of what to expect once my MCAT is finally submitted to AACOMAS! <3

This is lame :/ some of you are getting secondaries without an MCAT score, but I got an email that said: " Your application has been placed on hold because an official and valid MCAT score does not appear in your AACOMAS. Please note, scores must be no older than June 2018 to be considered valid for applicants matriculating August 2021. Once an official and valid score is posted to your AACOMAS, we will review your application and determine your eligibility for the secondary TUN application. Please keep in mind, review of your application may take four to six weeks after receipt of official scores."

I'm taking my MCAT Aug 14th, what has the turn-around been for reviewing/sending secondary invites? Does the secondary have any essay questions? Has anyone gotten interview invites yet? Please share your dates of submission so I can get a better picture of what to expect once my MCAT is finally submitted to AACOMAS! <3
Submitted primary June 25. I received that email ten days ago but received the secondary changing that decision just this week. Maybe they'll email you again sending the secondary regardless. I took my MCAT August 1, so maybe they say I already took it so they sent it.

Just received an email - TUN Supplemental Application Received

Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the faculty review process before receiving official notification of your application status

Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate six to eight weeks for the faculty review process before receiving official notification of your application status

+1

I also was wondering about question 2. Has anybody emailed admissions and asked if it is necessary to fill out the Recommendations section if you have already had our letters sent through AACOMAS? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I also was wondering about question 2. Has anybody emailed admissions and asked if it is necessary to fill out the Recommendations section if you have already had our letters sent through AACOMAS? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I emailed them and they said to leave that section blank.

+1

Just got an update email (NOT the Supplemental Received). "Application is under-review. Anticipate 1-2 weeks.... You will be notified through email if you are eliminated or are invited for a campus interview."

IS, 3.4c, 3.67s, 510
Secondary Submitted 07/24

Good luck everyone

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an update email (NOT the Supplemental Received). "Application is under-review. Anticipate 1-2 weeks.... You will be notified through email if you are eliminated or are invited for a campus interview."

IS, 3.4c, 3.67s, 510

Good luck everyone
+1

IS, 3.4c, 3.67s, 510

Good luck everyone
+2

wack just got the complete email on a sunday

So we don't fill out the activities section of the secondary if the information is the same as in the AACOMAS app?