2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone provide advice for the interview? Would be much appreciated.

Can anyone provide advice for the interview? Would be much appreciated.
Prepare for the typical questions- why Touro? Why DO? But prepare for some challenging big picture questions as well. They looked at my application/background and tailored some of the questions about my experiences and opinions- make sure you know your application well. I also think it helps to have some questions ready for them because this kept the convo flowing and also I was able to get some really good insights about the school from their answers. Overall, they were really nice and pleasant so try not to stress too much!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Prepare for the typical questions- why Touro? Why DO? But prepare for some challenging big picture questions as well. They looked at my application/background and tailored some of the questions about my experiences and opinions- make sure you know your application well. I also think it helps to have some questions ready for them because this kept the convo flowing and also I was able to get some really good insights about the school from their answers. Overall, they were really nice and pleasant so try not to stress too much!
Thank you so much! That was really helpful. Was the interview 30 minutes?

Thank you so much! That was really helpful. Was the interview 30 minutes?
Mine lasted exactly 30 mins with my questions at the end(I think I asked 2). It went by very quickly and was conversational. Don’t sweat it too much. Have you had any other interviews? I was super nervous for my first one but it really was no big deal. Just be yourself and be honest!

Mine lasted exactly 30 mins with my questions at the end(I think I asked 2). It went by very quickly and was conversational. Don’t sweat it too much. Have you had any other interviews? I was super nervous for my first one but it really was no big deal. Just be yourself and be honest!
Thank you!! I had one asynchronous interview so far but that's it.

Is there any way I can message you?

Interviewed 1/28, very interesting to say the least lol. Couldn't really read my interviewers, potentially bombed. If anyone wants to debrief or have any questions let me know!
Can you elaborate a little bit on your experience? I tried to message you but your profile is private!

Anyone know if there are any accepted student groups? Housing looks expensive and I wanted to get some advice on how to survive the first year!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if there are any accepted student groups? Housing looks expensive and I wanted to get some advice on how to survive the first year!
There is an sga facebook group but its private. I think they will send out invites to students at some point but i too am ancious about living arrangements

I was wondering if we should create some type of group that any new accepted student could join, this potentially could become a way to find a roommate, what do you guys think?

I was wondering if we should create some type of group that any new accepted student could join, this potentially could become a way to find a roommate, what do you guys think?
SGA will be coming out with a Facebook page for the class of 2025 to join. Last year they released it around this time.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
got the WL just now. congrats to all accepted! :)

How long after the waitlist, do you think we'll hear back?

Also should I send an update/letter of intent like a month after WL or sooner?

How long after the waitlist, do you think we'll hear back?

Also should I send an update/letter of intent like a month after WL or sooner?
I think WL movement will probs happen in April/May after they finish interviewing everyone. I’m thinking of sending an update soon!

Were there interviews on 12/21, 12/28, and 1/4? My partner interviewed on 1/11, not sure when we should expect to hear back

same the housing looks very expensive. lowkey trying to see if there are people who are down to house off-campus. That might be a little cheaper

• Love
same the housing looks very expensive. lowkey trying to see if there are people who are down to house off-campus. That might be a little cheaper
Housing is expensive in the area but If you have a car look at the surrounding area. I am signing on a 4 bd. 2 ba. house in Monroe and will just commute 20 minutes to school. After calculating costs, I will save a huge chunk o’ change during my 4 years.

Housing is expensive in the area but If you have a car look at the surrounding area. I am signing on a 4 bd. 2 ba. house in Monroe and will just commute 20 minutes to school. After calculating costs, I will save a huge chunk o’ change during my 4 years.
Looking for roommates?

There needs to be an official group soon! We gotta find roommates and find places to live really soon
Check out the tourcom Middletown housing page:

There should be some rooms coming for rent on here. All you need to do is email SGA a picture of your acceptance letter!

• Love
Check out the tourcom Middletown housing page:

There should be some rooms coming for rent on here. All you need to do is email SGA a picture of your acceptance letter!
Yo, thank you for letting us know about this! Will send them the request to those pages.

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I applied back in September but have yet to hear back. My stats are 502 MCAT, 3.5 CGPA, 3.4 SGPA with tons of research experience in IVY league schools (1 major first author publication and 3 minor publications) and lot of other EC experiences. Do you think I will be able to get an interview and if so, what do you think my chances are now as its February and pretty late in the cycle? Thanks!!

I feel lost asking this, but anyone knows when classes are supposed to start? Thank you
I’m going to visit campus/get a tour. I’ll find out. I think orientation is the end up July?

I’m going to visit campus/get a tour. I’ll find out. I think orientation is the end up July?
I toured a couple weeks ago and this is the schedule Frank gave me:

- white coat ceremony: July 26th
- Orientation: Wednesday July 28- Friday July 30th
- first day of class: Monday August 2nd

I toured a couple weeks ago and this is the schedule Frank gave me:

- white coat ceremony: July 26th
- Orientation: Wednesday July 28- Friday July 30th
- first day of class: Monday August 2nd
Thank you! You are the new class representative btw. If you have any unanswered questions that I can find out for you, let me know!

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I applied back in September but have yet to hear back. My stats are 502 MCAT, 3.5 CGPA, 3.4 SGPA with tons of research experience in IVY league schools (1 major first author publication and 3 minor publications) and lot of other EC experiences. Do you think I will be able to get an interview and if so, what do you think my chances are now as its February and pretty late in the cycle? Thanks!!
I just got an II today with similar numbers.

Thanks so much! Coincidentally today I was asked at my job and I had no idea when I'm supposed to move. Lol I'll appreciate it.

I applied here very very late. Does anyone know how far along they are in they cycle, ie; is their class full? If I get an interview - would it only be for WL?

Thanks in advance!

I applied here very very late. Does anyone know how far along they are in they cycle, ie; is their class full? If I get an interview - would it only be for WL?

Thanks in advance!
According to Frank, they had sent out 250/500 interview invites as of mid January. The class wasn’t full either.

II today!
submitted secondary 9/14/20
application complete 10/19/20

Hey, anyone know if there are any spots left in the class? Any hope for an interview at this time?

Hi everyone, just coming here to say that I was able to be added to the housing group on facebook, I sent sga an email with my acceptance email and they added me to the group, there is a list under documents where we can sign up to find roommates

Hate to be “that guy” but do we know when or how we get those pataguccis? I can’t even find an online bookstore.