2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone created a FB group or GroupMe yet?

Reactions: 1 users
I just searched FB for one and there’s a Harlem one but no Middletown one
According to last years thread, the student govemerment person will post links later in the cycle for us to join some FB groups. It included your class FB, the housing FB, and the Middletown buy/sell/trade FB.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received an II today. Anyone recent interviewees can give me some suggestions?
I would suggest knowing your application/each activity you listed on your primary and be able to describe them in detail because they'll ask about any activity they found interesting! just be yourself and it should be fine

I would shoot your shot! They are about to have massive openings (DO schools) due to the mandatory deposit on December 14th, added with the fact that a lot of the high stat applicants are hoarding multiple DO acceptances!
Thanks I sent it in that same day. I am just praying for good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully this week the 11/16 interviewees hear back (please)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
II, 502, sGPA: 3.0, cGPA: 3.3 complete 9/15 but then my app was on hold bc it wasn’t properly completed and then was confirmed completed 11/17

I got my very first interview invite, from Touro- Middletown, coming up in Feb. I am extremely nervous as this is my only interview so far. I am terrified they will ask me some difficult ethical questions.. Can someone tell me about how their interview went and if they got any difficult questions? Thank you so much!!!!

I got my very first interview invite, from Touro- Middletown, coming up in Feb. I am extremely nervous as this is my only interview so far. I am terrified they will ask me some difficult ethical questions.. Can someone tell me about how their interview went and if they got any difficult questions? Thank you so much!!!!
Don't be nervous! I know this is easier said than done, but they just want to get to know you. Just be yourself! My interview experience with Touro Middletown was amazing. It was very conversational and I didn't once feel flustered or stressed. I actually wasn't asked any ethical questions, but everyone's experience is different. Just be prepared to speak about your experiences and talk about why you're drawn to medicine. You got this! 🤩

Reactions: 1 user
Don't be nervous! I know this is easier said than done, but they just want to get to know you. Just be yourself! My interview experience with Touro Middletown was amazing. It was very conversational and I didn't once feel flustered or stressed. I actually wasn't asked any ethical questions, but everyone's experience is different. Just be prepared to speak about your experiences and talk about why you're drawn to medicine. You got this! 🤩
thank you so much for your positive response, reading that made me feel so much better. God bless you!!! ***My other question is that did any receive any pandemic-related questions**?? and how should I prepare for such questions..

thank you so much for your positive response, reading that made me feel so much better. God bless you!!! ***My other question is that did any receive any pandemic-related questions**?? and how should I prepare for such questions..
I was asked one COVID-related question regarding my resiliency because I was preparing for the MCAT at the start of the pandemic, and also working full time in the Emergency Department. They will tailor questions to your application and personal experiences, so the questions they ask you should all be relatively easy for you to think about and answer!

Got the R. Interviewed 11/16. Pretty bummed. Good luck everyone!

• Care
I emailed frank and he said admissions has reviewed 11/23 interviewees and will send decisions mid next week!

I emailed frank and he said admissions has reviewed 11/23 interviewees and will send decisions mid next week!
I’m assuming they’ll let 11/16 interviewees know their decisions with you guys. I’m scared

I feel you! My only interview was also here, and I was later accepted, still no other interviews. But just to assure you, the interview day is nowhere near as stressful or intimidating as I was expecting. They stress to all the interviewees that they just want to get to know you, so the best advice I would give is to just be yourself and be honest! During the actual 30 minute interview, I was asked 5 questions, which really just led to conversations. I was asked the following: Why DO? Why this school? Why medicine? How the pandemic affected me/how I dealt with it? Tell me about your research? But these questions could vary based on your interviewer. Good luck!

I feel you! My only interview was also here, and I was later accepted, still no other interviews. But just to assure you, the interview day is nowhere near as stressful or intimidating as I was expecting. They stress to all the interviewees that they just want to get to know you, so the best advice I would give is to just be yourself and be honest! During the actual 30 minute interview, I was asked 5 questions, which really just led to conversations. I was asked the following: Why DO? Why this school? Why medicine? How the pandemic affected me/how I dealt with it? Tell me about your research? But these questions could vary based on your interviewer. Good luck!
Congratulations on your acceptance, genuinely happy for you!! & I hope I can be on the other end of this soon... My application was completed in late October so I am not sure if I didn't get many interviews simply bc I applied late.. But this being my only interview, I am overly stressed bc I want to get in badly. I appreciate your detailed response, feels better to know it was more of a conversational interview! God bless!!

Looks like they started sending out 11/16 decisions. WL this morning.

Does anyone know if there were any more interviews between 11/16 and 12/7 👀

Is there anyone on here who’s a student at Touro that I can talk to regarding the program?

From what I’ve been seeing/what I know from Frank, the committee meets on Tuesday’s and roll out the decisions on Wednesday’s. So all of you 11/26 folk should hear next week (or at least I hope) sending everyone good vibes

From what I’ve been seeing/what I know from Frank, the committee meets on Tuesday’s and roll out the decisions on Wednesday’s. So all of you 11/26 folk should hear next week (or at least I hope) sending everyone good vibes
Yeah, I reached out to Frank and he responded yesterday saying he's hoping that the final review/sign-off will be complete this afternoon, so I'm hoping we'll hear back today or tomorrow morning!

Yeah, I reached out to Frank and he responded yesterday saying he's hoping that the final review/sign-off will be complete this afternoon, so I'm hoping we'll hear back today or tomorrow morning!

I hope so! Sooner you all, hear sooner the next batch hears and so on. Wishing you the best!

For the interview question, why medicine? Is it fine if I discuss the events that I wrote about in my personal statement? Those events are the main reason behind my passion for medicine but, at the same time I am not sure if interviewers will read my personal statement beforehand and to them it might like I'm pretty much reading my personal statement??

For the interview question, why medicine? Is it fine if I discuss the events that I wrote about in my personal statement? Those events are the main reason behind my passion for medicine but, at the same time I am not sure if interviewers will read my personal statement beforehand and to them it might like I'm pretty much reading my personal statement??
You’re overthinking this.. just be honest.. doesn’t matter if you already answered the question somewhere else!
I’m assuming the reason that you chose a career in medicine did not change from the time you wrote your personal statement(unless something life shattering happened between then and now), correct? Just make sure you are honest and sincere and you will do great!

You’re overthinking this.. just be honest.. doesn’t matter if you already answered the question somewhere else!
I’m assuming the reason that you chose a career in medicine did not change from the time you wrote your personal statement(unless something life shattering happened between then and now), correct? Just make sure you are honest and sincere and you will do great!
Ahh tysm for your advice! I am def overthinking it esp Bc this is my first and only interview of the cycle.. but yes exactly, the reason behind why I chose a career in medicine is still the same as written in my personal statement. I think I was afraid of simply repeating what it says in my personal statement ...