2020-2021 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II earlier today! IS and complete 8/21

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
yep and then in theory, decisions via phone call and email will come 21st and 22nd.
Thank you! Anxious as this is my last chance to get into a Michigan MD program ... WL at CMU, MSU, and Wayne :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
WL just now, interviewed in Dec

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know the Match rate for ouwb? It says 110 M4's matched from class of 2020. Is that out of the usual class of 125?
The class of 2020 was smaller than the current size of 125. I believe since opening only 1 student has not matched. Every year has been 100% match rate, except I think last year was 99%.

Does anyone have any idea when the waitlist starts to move and those people start getting acceptances? IS Waitlisted on 10/22

The class of 2020 was smaller than the current size of 125. I believe since opening only 1 student has not matched. Every year has been 100% match rate, except I think last year was 99%.
To go off of this, class sizes can vary as some students decide to no longer pursue medicine and some take gap years for research 🙂

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Should we be expecting more decisions to be made this Wednesday? interviewed 12/11

I’m curious as well, I interviewed on 12/18
The waiting game isn't easy 😂 I am anxiously waiting to see if Oakland accepts me before I put a deposit down at a different school.

Reactions: 1 user
The waiting game isn't easy 😂 I am anxiously waiting to see if Oakland accepts me before I put a deposit down at a different school.
Honestly if I don’t hear back on wed/thurs I’ll be sad lol

Has anybody who interviewed before 12/15 heard back from admissions yet?

How many II's is Oakland still gonna send out? I was complete back in July but haven't been paying attention the threads because otherwise I'd go insane, so any luck of still getting an II here? (IS btw)

How many II's is Oakland still gonna send out? I was complete back in July but haven't been paying attention the threads because otherwise I'd go insane, so any luck of still getting an II here? (IS btw)
People got II last week but idk how many more they plan to send out

From personal anecdotes, I have 3 or 4 friends who received their interview invites in February and got accepted. So basically as long as OU didn't reject you pre-interview yet, you still have a chance.

Reactions: 4 users
Sent an update letter in mid November, still silence pre II. Think it'd be worth sending a letter of continued interest?

March 12 is the last interview date. They said this in their Webinar today.

I interviewed 6 weeks ago and I'm sure people on here have been waiting for longer but I need to know whether I should put a deposit down somewhere else. Being left in the dark for another week doesn't help guide my decision.

• Care
Hey guys! What's the latest complete date someone got an interview this cycle so far? I think I saw early September as the latest. I was complete very late so my shred of hope is nearly gone.

ACCEPTED!!!

Edit: interviewed 12/18

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 22 users
Hello! I was wondering if anyone else from the 12/18 interview group has heard back yet? I’m really interested in attending OUWB and haven’t heard back and am getting a bit worried!

Also, has anyone uploaded update letters, and do you have any advice for writing those?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone else from the 12/18 interview group has heard back yet? I’m really interested in attending OUWB and haven’t heard back and am getting a bit worried!

Also, has anyone uploaded update letters, and do you have any advice for writing those?
I interviewed the same day and haven't heard back either

I interviewed the same day and haven't heard back either
I wouldn't worry too much about this. They have Dan Kallenberger call accepted people individually which takes time(back in Oct. people heard back both Thurs and Fri). Also, if your interviewers arent there to advocate for you at that specific adcom meeting, your decision gets delayed as well until your interviewers are there.

Same. I interviewed on 12/18 too and there are others here that have interviewed before that date as well who also haven’t heard back.

Also WL'ed this afternoon. 1st/2nd tier. Hoping to see some movement in the spring:)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users