2020-2021 NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmmmmm. Maybe using free tuition to lure the best of the best away from top schools actually works, despite what everyone was predicting, and that actually, and very quickly, does affect perceptions, which then become reality. How long before other schools react, or will NYU be #1 in a year or two????

All I heard two years ago was how their match list sucked compared to "real" T10s, and they'll never really be able to compete with them. Two short years later, although "nobody" cares about rankings, they are now higher ranked than all but one.

I'm just hoping maybe now I'll have a shot to get into Penn next year! :)
Two years ago NYU's match list was outstanding. What did you hear is dead wrong

Members don't see this ad.

NYU will be remote interviews next cycle with no in-person option.

I am still on the waitlist at NYU, but have not heard anything yet... Is it safe to assume they likely won't be pulling others off the waitlist? During the waitlist info session, Dean Rivera had mentioned that they would shorten the waitlist at the end of May. Does anyone know if this has already happened? Did anyone get off the waitlist after that initial wave?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I was wondering if NYU has shortened their waitlist yet. Has anyone received a rejection off of the waitlist so far? Is there any chance we will receive an acceptance off of the waitlist at this point?
R

Just got hit with the R. Congrats to everyone who was accepted! NYU is an amazing place :)

What are our chances if we still haven't received a rejection?

Is there any benefit to fill out the tertiary application when matriculated students can opt into the three-year pathway during their first year of training or halfway through the clerkship year? It seems like it could only hurt you, but not help?

Is there any benefit to fill out the tertiary application when matriculated students can opt into the three-year pathway during their first year of training or halfway through the clerkship year? It seems like it could only hurt you, but not help?
I believe they limit three year students per specialty.

Is anyone still on the waitlist here? I know it's over at this point but it's a bit stressful still having it up in the air

Is anyone still on the waitlist here? I know it's over at this point but it's a bit stressful still having it up in the air
that'd be me lol please end me at this point

lol I withdrew. only a few more days until their CTE date but after this cycle I preferred not to get an almost-guaranteed rejection email from a formerly top choice school of mine