2020-2021 NYU-Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m assuming if we haven’t heard anything at this point it means we are WL or R? Anyone know when we will find out?

was contacted by NYU...asking for donations

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Regardless of what happens, I just wanna say thank you to everyone on this thread. It’s been an exceptionally long road but you all made it a little bit easier. Best of luck to everyone ✊🏽

Reactions: 5 users
So I only interviewed with 2 MD schools, just got rejected from one and I guess it’s going to be the same with this one...

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I just want the rejection email at this point!! Please. I just gotta know.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree. Im being paranoid but how do we even know they called.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. Im being paranoid but how do we even know they called.
chances are the other 23 that got the call just arent on sdn, i feel like we often overestimate how many of us there are here. we should be proud of ourselves for getting here regardless, i wish they would just send us an email with the status update so that we could move on already

Honestly I was treating this school as a pipe dream because of the minuscule chances of getting a seat. There are more schools out there, friends! We shall prevail

i shouldn't be spilling the tea but current M1 said if you are admitted you will receive a phone call tomorrow!
So you spilled the tea on when we’d be getting the call, any idea when they’ll be sending the rejection emails? I want to move on with my life

I wish I knew :( My friend who goes there just gave me the heads up but i also didn't get a call LOL so feel awk asking. How she knew was just from overhearing it so she doesn't have a connection to adcoms

I wish I knew :( My friend who goes there just gave me the heads up but i also didn't get a call LOL so feel awk asking. How she knew was just from overhearing it so she doesn't have a connection to adcoms
Did your friend say all the acceptances will be released yesterday? Or that it will begin yesterday?

Did your friend say all the acceptances will be released yesterday? Or that it will begin yesterday?
it wasn't specific her exact quote was "hey! heads up i overheard the dean say acceptances get a call [thursday] fingers crossed!" lol i can ask though

it wasn't specific her exact quote was "hey! heads up i overheard the dean say acceptances get a call [thursday] fingers crossed!" lol i can ask though
ok everyone good news! She says at first she thought all calls went out but she messaged an M2 who is more involved and they said calls START thursday. again im not sure how long it will take given the small class size but a little bit of hope

Reactions: 2 users
ok everyone good news! She says at first she thought all calls went out but she messaged an M2 who is more involved and they said calls START thursday. again im not sure how long it will take given the small class size but a little bit of hope
They already made a fb group for admitted students but no one's been added to it yet so she feels like at least give it today and monday. also i really hope I nor she will get in trouble for all of this insider info lol.

You literally made my day. Thank you so much for asking!!!

Got the call yesterday (after I missed the first one)! Hope some of my NE^3 folks also made it. Got in for Peds! edit: OOS, no ties to NE

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Partner is deciding between here and Loyola-Stritch. Not sure what to do! He's nervous about the brand new curriculum and doesn't want to be locked into a Winthrop residency, but obviously the free part is HUGE

They make it pretty difficult to do and you lose your guaranteed residency position, but you can do it. As for losing your guaranteed residency, I think this is only due to the fact that they offer an exact # of spots for each residency, so they can't guarantee a spot will be open in the residency you change to. However, if you find someone else that wants to "switch" with you or someone in your desired specialty decides to do their residency elsewhere, I assume the school would have no problem giving you priority.
Current MS1 here. Just to be clear, they don't make it "pretty difficult" to switch out of your residency position. It's actually very easy and the faculty is supportive, and give shadowing opportunities to those specialities you're interested in.

chances are the other 23 that got the call just arent on sdn, i feel like we often overestimate how many of us there are here. we should be proud of ourselves for getting here regardless, i wish they would just send us an email with the status update so that we could move on already
They are not calling all 24 in one day, but spreading it out over a few days.

Partner is deciding between here and Loyola-Stritch. Not sure what to do! He's nervous about the brand new curriculum and doesn't want to be locked into a Winthrop residency, but obviously the free part is HUGE
He wouldn't be locked into a Winthrop residency! You are allowed to switch not only specialties, but also you can apply out to other hospitals regardless!

I wonder if they’re calling with A’s to each specialty together? In which case would they have done Peds yesterday and IM today?

wonder when the 4-5 calls for Ob/Gyn and Gen Surg ~combined~ will go out (or if they already have)

So it's nearly 5 PM in New York... at this point... assume the R or WL? Thanks for hanging in this whole time everyone it's been fun

Late but I was accepted for IM earlier this afternoon!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Late but I was accepted for IM earlier this afternoon!!!
With 10 A's how does LISOM sit on your list? I have a couple of acceptances as well (not from LISOM to be clear), but this program is really intriguing. Less freedom, but free tuition

With 10 A's how does LISOM sit on your list? I have a couple of acceptances as well (not from LISOM to be clear), but this program is really intriguing. Less freedom, but free tuition
Yeah it’s tough but LISOM is pretty high on my list since ideally I’d like to study in New York. The free tuition is amazing but I’d still be taking out loans for housing and other expenses, so for now I’m gonna wait until I get financial aid packages to make my final decision

Yeah it’s tough but LISOM is pretty high on my list since ideally I’d like to study in New York. The free tuition is amazing but I’d still be taking out loans for housing and other expenses, so for now I’m gonna wait until I get financial aid packages to make my final decision
Wow, you have 12 A’s, that‘s incredible! Congratulations!

• Love
Good luck to OBGYN & Surgery folks who are waiting for a call today!

has anyone spoken to admissions re: their progress through handing out admissions?