2020-2021 NYU-Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I tried calling too, they didn’t answer

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Safe to assume if we haven’t heard back yet it’s a WL/R? Since according to AMCAS rules they would’ve had to send 24 acceptances by now

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The facebook group of the 2024 class has 32 members. Safe to assume everybody else is waitlisted or rejected? Does anyone know if they let you know? Albany is gona be so cold :( I wanted the island!!

The facebook group of the 2024 class has 32 members. Safe to assume everybody else is waitlisted or rejected? Does anyone know if they let you know? Albany is gona be so cold :( I wanted the island!!
Class of 2025 or Class or 2024?

92A422F1-54D0-4742-AC0B-FB19322BF85F.png

So does that mean they didn't call all 24 yet? Hence more rounds of A's to come?
I took it to mean that they have called all 24 and are waiting to see if anyone declines the offer before calling anyone else. They don't want to over accept with free tuition on the line/such a small class.

I took it to mean that they have called all 24 and are waiting to see if anyone declines the offer before calling anyone else. They don't want to over accept with free tuition on the line/such a small class.
isnt that what a waitlist is for? shouldn't they tell all the WL/R ppl soon?

isnt that what a waitlist is for? shouldn't they tell all the WL/R ppl soon?
Yeah that makes sense to me. If I had to guess I'd say they'll release WL/R soon and anyone pulled from that would be in the next "round" of acceptances. The only exception might be if they thought someone from the original 24 was gonna decline the offer really soon (like within days/a week of it being given) and they might have to make another call before everyone else's decisions were released. Purely guesswork though.

Members don't see this ad :)
WL for ob/gyn. Do most people end up WL? They interview like 500...

I wonder how they're doing this. Is everyone else an R. Or is it possible that they're doing it by II date?
I interviewed in the last week of Feb so I don’t think it’s by interview date, but also curious

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to everyone that got in or WL. I interviewed with the first batch in September. It’s been a long journey and I am ready to let it go. I hope the best for everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to everyone that got in or WL. I interviewed with the first batch in September. It’s been a long journey and I am ready to let it go. I hope the best for everyone!
Hey dude there are a million ways to achieve your goal. You have a great outlook! You’re gonna do great

WL internal med (received Tuesday)
Has there ever been waitlist movement in the past?

not to change the subject from everyone freaking out about getting the call or not but...

Has anyone heard of or know someone that went to school here but decided to pursue a residency somewhere else?

not to change the subject from everyone freaking out about getting the call or not but...

Has anyone heard of or know someone that went to school here but decided to pursue a residency somewhere else?
They don't graduate their first class until 2022

Does anyone know when the rejection emails will be sent? I was expecting to have everything finalized mid-March. I’m happy for everyone that’s gotten in but it is really unnerving to not hear anything at all when you’re expecting to hear something. At least with a rejection there’s no holding on to tiny slivers of hope. I can’t imagine it takes a lot of work to send a generic rejection email.

Does anyone know when the rejection emails will be sent? I was expecting to have everything finalized mid-March. I’m happy for everyone that’s gotten in but it is really unnerving to not hear anything at all when you’re expecting to hear something. At least with a rejection there’s no holding on to tiny slivers of hope. I can’t imagine it takes a lot of work to send a generic rejection email.
idk but they havent answered phone calls/email in over a week

Sooooo no more interviews? Lol I haven’t heard anything since secondary completion

is there a difference between alternate list and waitlist

is there a difference between alternate list and waitlist
My guess is that if you’re on the waitlist, you’ll be one of the first to be offered acceptance as people turn down their As. Probably why they haven’t sent out Rs yet, so that they can add more people to the waitlist if needed.

Just got off the wait list for OBGYN!!! Not even humble bragging just trying to be informative but: the dean said I was the first waitlist movement so far but they expect a lot more between now and april 30th!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just got off the wait list for OBGYN!!! Not even humble bragging just trying to be informative but: the dean said I was the first waitlist movement so far but they expect a lot more between now and april 30th!
OMG THAT'S AMAZING!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I can join you soon haha!!

• Love
Congrats!!!! You must be so excited that’s amazing!!!! Did you send letter of interest or letter of intent?