2020-2021 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my first rejection from Morehouse today. I am not black or IS, but I am underrepresented in medicine and from a nearby state. I'm curious to hear if anyone is in a similar boat. I was surprised to see a rejection so quickly. Good luck to everyone else applying!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Got my first rejection from Morehouse today. I am not black or IS, but I am underrepresented in medicine and from a nearby state. I'm curious to hear if anyone is in a similar boat. I was surprised to see a rejection so quickly. Good luck to everyone else applying!

Good luck with the rest of your cycle, I believe in you! When did you submit the secondary?

Stats?

Did you guys receive a “secondary complete” email after submitting?

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys receive a “secondary complete” email after submitting?
I didn't but I emailed admissions asking them about my fee waiver and the lady told me they received it and that my application was complete. I would email them though to see if you're complete as well, just to be safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please explain what the app meant with this question: Indicate the character of medical practice you presently contemplate: If I want to practice medicine in a community clinic (as a PCP) which option will I chose. I am also interested in public health. Thank you

Individual

Partnership

Private Group

Hospital-based Group

Academic-based Group

Public Health

Industrial

Undecided

Sorry guys, I forgot to add my stats for those who may be interested:

GPA, sGPA, MCAT = 3.42,3.47, 514

secondary complete 8/16 and didn't apply early Decision
i don't understand how they're reviewing apps. I submitted 8/15 and have similar stats. I emailed them about 2 days later to see if i needed to do anything about the FAP waiver which I uploaded but the link for payment was still showing so I was unsure if my app was complete. They told me everything was good but i haven't heard anything so i'm worrying lol

i don't understand how they're reviewing apps. I submitted 8/15 and have similar stats. I emailed them about 2 days later to see if i needed to do anything about the FAP waiver which I uploaded but the link for payment was still showing so I was unsure if my app was complete. They told me everything was good but i haven't heard anything so i'm worrying lol
Same, I submitted 8/11 and haven't heard anything back after checking if everything was complete on 8/14. All my stats are above their medians too, but I'm also OOS and no connections to the South. IDK what to think...

Can someone please explain what the app meant with this question: Indicate the character of medical practice you presently contemplate: If I want to practice medicine in a community clinic (as a PCP) which option will I chose. I am also interested in public health. Thank you

Individual

Partnership

Private Group

Hospital-based Group

Academic-based Group

Public Health

Industrial

Undecided

I am also interested in practicing in a community clinic and I marked down "Public Health"

Same, I submitted 8/11 and haven't heard anything back after checking if everything was complete on 8/14. All my stats are above their medians too, but I'm also OOS and no connections to the South. IDK what to think...
are you AA?

I saved my FAP email as a PDF and uploaded that to the portal. Every other AMCAS school that has asked for my FAP waiver has accepted my PDF email.

Does this mean that you did not send the $50 fee? because I have the FAP waiver but I still got a link to pay.

Does this mean that you did not send the $50 fee? because I have the FAP waiver but I still got a link to pay.
Yes i did the same thing - just uploaded the PDF stating i was approved and bypassed the link, even tho it's still there. Just call them when you're done to make sure they aware so you're not sitting on incomplete. I would say email but they still haven't responded to mine and it's been like 2 weeks. So i got impatient after 2 days and called.

For those with an interview on Friday, how have you been prepping?

For the 2 questions on the secondary about how we'd like to divide our team and where we would like to work, are people using all 999 characters? I feel like my reasons for attending Morehouse cover a lot of those questions and I don't wanna overlap

For the 2 questions on the secondary about how we'd like to divide our team and where we would like to work, are people using all 999 characters? I feel like my reasons for attending Morehouse cover a lot of those questions and I don't wanna overlap

I used about 700 I think. Nothing too lengthy there. But Morehouse was my first secondary and I wrote a lot for the other prompt. Felt almost like another personal statement lol

How do you upload the FAP pdf if you have already submitted your application? the option to upload it is grayed out for me now.

How do you upload the FAP pdf if you have already submitted your application? the option to upload it is grayed out for me now.

I send an email detailing my stupidity. They were understanding and told me to covert the AAMC FAP approval letter to a PDF and email it to them. Got a confirmation email that I was attached to my application.

I send an email detailing my stupidity. They were understanding and told me to covert the AAMC FAP approval letter to a PDF and email it to them. Got a confirmation email that I was attached to my application.
Thank you

Also can you let me know which email did you used?

Hi guys, how long after submitting primary do you usually hear back from Morehouse about 2nd? thanks!

Hi guys, I am a first-time applicant, please advise if you can! I won't be able to take my MCAT until Sep 27th, my AMCAS application was submitted on 8/1 so it probably won't be verified until September also.

1. Is it wise to also send the application to Morehouse right now? Or wait until my application is verified?
2. How long does it take for Morehouse to receive my primary?
3. How long do they usually take to send out 2nd?

Thanks!

Hi guys, I am a first-time applicant, please advise if you can! I won't be able to take my MCAT until Sep 27th, my AMCAS application was submitted on 8/1 so it probably won't be verified until September also.

1. Is it wise to also send the application to Morehouse right now? Or wait until my application is verified?
2. How long does it take for Morehouse to receive my primary?
3. How long do they usually take to send out 2nd?

Thanks!

Hey! Do you have MSAR? I would highly recommend buying it for any schools you are applying to this cycle. Unfortunately, September 28th is too late to apply to MSM. On their page it says September 12, 2020 is the last date they will take for the MCAT.

I took my MCAT after my app was verified in July, so I don't really know if I'm the best place to offer advice, but it took 5 days from when my MCAT score got in to receiving a secondary.

Hey! Do you have MSAR? I would highly recommend buying it for any schools you are applying to this cycle. Unfortunately, September 28th is too late to apply to MSM. On their page it says September 12, 2020 is the last date they will take for the MCAT.

I took my MCAT after my app was verified in July, so I don't really know if I'm the best place to offer advice, but it took 5 days from when my MCAT score got in to receiving a secondary.

wow thank you so much! I could not find the lastest considered date on the actual school website, but I see it on MSAR now! Good luck to you <3

Edit:

I just emailed admission and they said that due to Covid they will accept all September test dates! YAY!

• Love
wow thank you so much! I could not find the lastest considered date on the actual school website, but I see it on MSAR now! Good luck to you <3

Edit:

I just emailed admission and they said that due to Covid they will accept all September test dates! YAY!

Yay! I am happy to hear that. I got worried for a second because I know a lot of schools had those deadlines but glad that they are being understanding about it. Best of luck to you!

• Care
Has anyone done the VITA interview & can say how it was ?

Has anyone done the VITA interview & can say how it was ?

All I can say is that when I was preparing for it, I was nervous and sounded too rehearsal (according to my sister who watched my video). So I decided to stop thinking about it for 2 days, then did it. I recommend going over your secondary app questions on interest in medicine ,diversity, challenges, experiencing a diff culture, putting someone's need ahead of yours, etc. You will probably see questions that you have already answered in your secondary before. Hope it helps.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm an MSM student now, and the director of my program told me MD Admissions is already "flooded" with primary applications. They've already gotten 3000+ applications, which is a lot for it to not even be August yet.
Goodluck applying, I'm a first year here at morehouse school of medicine.

Reactions: 8 users