2020-2021 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Though it's not unique to MSUCOM, waitlisters at this school will be most affected by this delay since MSUCOM starts in June. It certainly worries me.
This is my concern. I feel like they will just run out of time

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I really do believe this cycle is going to be similar to last cycle when it comes to waitlist movement. With classes starting in June, I don’t think everybody will come off tier 1. Last I heard, about 90% of tier 1 got accepted last year and I feel like it might be similar this year. Like yea they had more time to prepare and figure things out, but they do have way more applicants (some schools even told me they have double the applicants than previous years)

• Sad
I really do believe this cycle is going to be similar to last cycle when it comes to waitlist movement. With classes starting in June, I don’t think everybody will come off tier 1. Last I heard, about 90% of tier 1 got accepted last year and I feel like it might be similar this year. Like yea they had more time to prepare and figure things out, but they do have way more applicants (some schools even told me they have double the applicants than previous years)
Do you think they’ll take a smaller class tho just because there’s not enough time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think they’ll take a smaller class tho just because there’s not enough time?
I don’t think they’ll take a smaller class, I just find it hard to believe that ALL 100 people on tier 1 are going to come off the waitlist (as in 100 accepted people are gonna drop) when classes start so soon, I hope I’m wrong tho

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t think they’ll take a smaller class, I just find it hard to believe that ALL 100 people on tier 1 are going to come off the waitlist (as in 100 accepted people are gonna drop) when classes start so soon, I hope I’m wrong tho
That’s true and because other schools start later there could’ve been people who might have dropped but wouldn’t have known until after MSU started 😭

The financial aid package I received for summer semester was 164% of the summer tuition/fess. I don't know if this is standard. It will hopefully be enough to live on without having to take out additional loans, but I would not be surprised if that is the end result, especially with the costs of moving across the country and the upfront cost of materials to start school.
Do you know if that 164% is taxed? Just trying to plan

Do you know if that 164% is taxed? Just trying to plan
Google tells me that financial aid is not taxable income, but scholarships and grants are.

Not that I've heard a damn thing about scholarships!
the fairy oddparents GIF

As the T3 this hurts, but I can see it happening. Especially since compared to other threads that I’m in, it doesn’t feel like there are many folks here who have stated they are turning down their acceptances.

• Care
As the T3 this hurts, but I can see it happening. Especially since compared to other threads that I’m in, it doesn’t feel like there are many folks here who have stated they are turning down their acceptances.
How does CHM look in terms of movement? I read that it can affect our movement.

Although I agree that 100 is a large number to come of a waitlist of any sort, I would wait until after AMCAS traffic day to make any assumptions about who's going where finally!

Reactions: 1 user
How does CHM look in terms of movement? I read that it can affect our movement.

So far it's only had two people accepted off the waitlist from this site alone on 4/12, but in the past day we had five additional people withdraw their acceptances from the CHM thread.

But waitlist movement has at least started there.

Although I agree that 100 is a large number to come of a waitlist of any sort, I would wait until after AMCAS traffic day to make any assumptions about who's going where finally!

Not to mention that not everyone on the waitlist has MSUCOM as their top choice and they have gotten in elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I have a feeling this cycle will have even less WL movement than last year because it seems like most students are committed. Other schools have already started accepting off of waitlists, unless a large number miraculously drop their acceptances.
sad that the two schools I’m waitlisted at are not having any waitlist movements when they historically had large movements lol rip

• Care
Yeah I have a feeling this cycle will have even less WL movement than last year because it seems like most students are committed. Other schools have already started accepting off of waitlists, unless a large number miraculously drop their acceptances.
sad that the two schools I’m waitlisted at are not having any waitlist movements when they historically had large movements lol rip

I'm sorry to hear that, man.
Yeah, between a lot of schools running late on things, it's hard to be optimistic as someone on a WL. Heck, there are folks in this thread who haven't even heard back from their interviews yet.

Really hoping MSUCOM can bring us some good news regarding movement in the next two weeks.

I'm sorry to hear that, man.
Yeah, between a lot of schools running late on things, it's hard to be optimistic as someone on a WL. Heck, there are folks in this thread who haven't even heard back from their interviews yet.

Really hoping MSUCOM can bring us some good news regarding movement in the next two weeks.
Exactly. They still need to send out decision for March interviews and wait for their response lol.
Edit: also don’t schools usually accept more students than seats available because they know people drop? Do you guys think they have already done that?

Last edited:
Alright guys, I'm sitting here, in my ambulance, watching the MSU Track and Field team, and its giving me strength to keep waiting for this T1 WL movement. I really deep down feel like waitlist movement will be here so soon, especially considering theres only 1 business week left for them to go through their Canadian waitlist.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Alright guys, I'm sitting here, in my ambulance, watching the MSU Track and Field team, and its giving me strength to keep waiting for this T1 WL movement. I really deep down feel like waitlist movement will be here so soon, especially considering theres only 1 business week left for them to go through their Canadian waitlist.
Drive by the admissions building and annoy them with the sirens until they start sending out decisions. WEE WOO, yo

Drive by the admissions building and annoy them with the sirens until they start sending out decisions. WEE WOO, yo
The team actually came here to Illinois, I’m blocking their bus til I get a decision!!

• Haha
In contrast to previous years, they are moving reaaaally slow for WL movement. Anyone know if they will actually extend the 'May 1st' deadline for Canadians? I am getting so worried!!

• Care
Has there been no waitlist movement at all yet?? Also does anyone know how quickly they give out WL decisions? I’m out of state and may be signing an apt lease in another state soon so i guess I’m a little worried
I still haven't heard anything since my 3/22 interview so I'm guessing there won't be any WL movement until after all of their decisions go out...I mean that would make the most sense lol

I still haven't heard anything since my 3/22 interview so I'm guessing there won't be any WL movement until after all of their decisions go out...I mean that would make the most sense lol
Same and I interviewed 3/30. Hopefully we get decisions this week!

Same and I interviewed 3/30. Hopefully we get decisions this week!
Do you know if 03/30 was the last interview date? Or did they also have April interviews? Wondering if someone from the last interview day could update the thread when they receive their decision so we might have an idea of when WL movement could be starting.

Do you know if 03/30 was the last interview date? Or did they also have April interviews? Wondering if someone from the last interview day could update the thread when they receive their decision so we might have an idea of when WL movement could be starting.
I don’t know for certain when interviews ended. I read on here that someone interviewed on 3/31 or 4/1, but I don’t recall seeing anything after that.
When I emailed after my interview, they said that I would hear back by the end of the month so that would be end of this week.

It’s crazy that March decisions didn’t come out yet. I interviewed 3/16 and no decision. Meanwhile classes start early June which is a little over a month away! Insane...

It’s crazy that March decisions didn’t come out yet. I interviewed 3/16 and no decision. Meanwhile classes start early June which is a little over a month away! Insane...
My bet is that you all will get a decision Monday/Tuesday.

I emailed Lyman about decisions on remaining interviews and he indicated that we could expect decisions at the end of this week.
I wonder if WL movement will start after receiving back all the responses of those interviewed towards the end of the month

I GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE TIER ONE WL!!! just got the call 10 mins ago from Anne, I’m at a loss for words. I was too shook to even ask what campus 😭🤲 BEST OF LUCK TO THE REST WAITING

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
I GOT ACCEPTED OFF THE TIER ONE WL!!! just got the call 10 mins ago from Anne, I’m at a loss for words. I was too shook to even ask what campus 😭🤲 BEST OF LUCK TO THE REST WAITING
Congrats! When were you waitlisted?

I also received my acceptance call this morning! T1, 02/24 interview. She said we’d be receiving an email and updated information in our portal tomorrow to accept and select our site. Good luck to those of you still waiting for the call!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
+1. Interviewed Feb 24th, waitlisted April 12th. Was not expecting a call whatsoever. Crazy.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I also received my acceptance call this morning! T1, 02/24 interview. She said we’d be receiving an email and updated information in our portal tomorrow to accept and select our site. Good luck to those of you still waiting for the call!
+1. Interviewed Feb 24th, waitlisted April 12th. Was not expecting a call whatsoever. Crazy.
Congrats guys! I’m glad you picked up on her saying we’ll be able to pick campuses through the portal tomorrow, I was too shook lmaoooo

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an acceptance call from Anne, too! Interviewed 3/30. Good luck to everyone still waiting! Great things ahead!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Accepted off the T1 waitlist today. I cant describe the happiness in words!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
My goodness, I thought it was difficult being on tier 1 with a lot of anticipation and steering at my emails/phone, but now, it is 100% amplified!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
My goodness, I thought it was difficult being on tier 1 with a lot of anticipation and steering at my emails/phone, but now, it is 100% amplified!
Same! The people who got accepted off WL gave me a lot of hope for movement this year fingers crossed for everyone waiting :) we got time

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hi,

May I ask the difference between the 3 sites (community, public transportation, school facilities & resources and community programs students can join)?

Thank you!

I have been on the WL for 2 months now and still nothing 🥲
I'm still in the same boat too. After waiting three months total since our interview now, it's a bit disheartening, to say the least. But, there is still a chance for us hopefully.

I'm still in the same boat too. After waiting three months total since our interview now, it's a bit disheartening, to say the least. But, there is still a chance for us hopefully.
I interviewed in January too :(. Now gotta wait 2 more weeks for next decisions 😩
Good luck!!
Edit: typo lol

Last edited:
Just got the acceptance call off the waitlist as well! :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users