2020-2021 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard of any WL movement or does it all happen in May?
They said it is possible that a "few" offers will be made before May, but I have not seen any WL movement on this thread yet.

Members don't see this ad.

When you send in your credit report do you receive an approval/confirmation email back? I haven't heard anything

When you send in your credit report do you receive an approval/confirmation email back? I haven't heard anything
I got a confirmation email back that it was approved. It took about a week.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I released my background check and emailed in my credit report on Monday (22nd). Never received a confirmation email from financial aid office. Also both are not checked off in my portal yet so hopefully soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, how long did it take from the point you released your background check to when it showed recieved in your portal??
I never sent my background report as I haven't been accepted yet (fingers crossed). I just sent my credit report in because I got the WL. However, I do think I remember someone mentioning a time earlier in this thread. (It sounds like it was about a week as well, but you'd have to read it yourself to know for sure.)

I never sent my background report as I haven't been accepted yet (fingers crossed). I just sent my credit report in because I got the WL. However, I do think I remember someone mentioning a time earlier in this thread. (It sounds like it was about a week as well, but you'd have to read it yourself to know for sure.)
ok thanks! Good luck getting off the WL!!

is there anyone who is IS who has not heard anything back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R. OOS. Got the email within 5 minutes of another R. I swear it's like all the adcoms are conspiring

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hey, how long did it take from the point you released your background check to when it showed recieved in your portal??
It took 13 days total for me. I viewed it and released it the day that it came back but it still took almost two weeks for it to pop up in my portal. Who knows what end that was on though. The background company may have waited the full 10 days to release it or they could have just been really backed up on the schools part.

Got my pre-II R today. ORM, OOS, LM 83, complete early October. Best of luck to those with their interview tomorrow!

• Care
Does anyone know whether the Certiphi background check needs to be completed manually for each school or do they automatically do it?

So.. my anxiety is through the roof right now... anybody else who is interviewing today: are you also waiting for the host to start meeting??? It was supposed to start at 830 and im nervous that im missing it.. SOS

So.. my anxiety is through the roof right now... anybody else who is interviewing today: are you also waiting for the host to start meeting??? It was supposed to start at 830 and im nervous that im missing it.. SOS
HI YES

I'm ready for my pre-II R

Edit: Got that pre-II R just now

Last edited:
  • Care
Current M2 here from OOS (midwest) if anyone has questions about MCW - MKE campus, feel free to DM me!

Reactions: 2 users
pre II R. confused by the email. so was our app reviewed or not lol.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I received the Match 2021 list from MCW, it is pretty impressive. Several students matched into prestigious programs.

Did anyone else feel like they applied decently early in the cycle and had GPA/MCAT numbers that were more than 1 standard deviation above the reported average range of accepted applicants and still get rejected? Like I don’t want to say this was my backup school but definitely not the most prestigious school I applied to and based on the R email I got, it doesn’t even seem like my application was considered.

Did anyone else feel like they applied decently early in the cycle and had GPA/MCAT numbers that were more than 1 standard deviation above the reported average range of accepted applicants and still get rejected? Like I don’t want to say this was my backup school but definitely not the most prestigious school I applied to and based on the R email I got, it doesn’t even seem like my application was considered.
I'd be upset if they didn't look at my app but still took my secondary money. I was also complete early on in August with a pre-II R today.

Not trying to argue at all but... It's not just about GPA/MCAT and this school makes it pretty clear that's not all they care about.

Reactions: 6 users
agreed with another poster, its not all about the gpa/mcat, however, i do also have a feeling as if mine wasnt even considered as well. that email just left a weird taste in my mouth. idk if it's their wording, or my lack of CARS skills. but i just really didnt like the way, or i guess the order in which the email was written.

Looking back through the thread, it seems like there isn't much hope for us. Has there been any WL movement at all or can we expect any at some point down the line or is this really a soft R?

agreed with another poster, its not all about the gpa/mcat, however, i do also have a feeling as if mine wasnt even considered as well. that email just left a weird taste in my mouth. idk if it's their wording, or my lack of CARS skills. but i just really didnt like the way, or i guess the order in which the email was written.
do you mind sharing what it said that was odd?

do you mind sharing what it said that was odd?
sorry i dont have the email anymore as I deleted it. It wasnt necessarily odd or anything. It was just the order in which things were said. if i recall correctly, and Im going off of memory so please do not quote me. It was basically like thank you for your patience while your app was reviewed. but then later in the email it said they had enough interviewees or interviews conducted to fill their class. and then it said we are unable to consider your application. so im left kinda wondering like did my app actually get considered, or did it not? so that was my whole mix up with it. and again, it could be satisfactory to other people. it just didnt sit well with me.

sorry i dont have the email anymore as I deleted it. It wasnt necessarily odd or anything. It was just the order in which things were said. if i recall correctly, and Im going off of memory so please do not quote me. It was basically like thank you for your patience while your app was reviewed. but then later in the email it said they had enough interviewees or interviews conducted to fill their class. and then it said we are unable to consider your application. so im left kinda wondering like did my app actually get considered, or did it not? so that was my whole mix up with it. and again, it could be satisfactory to other people. it just didnt sit well with me.
Lots of schools word things like that. They're basically saying that they did an initial screening of your app, but you weren't competitive enough to warrant further consideration. Now that they're done interviewing, they can't consider your application any further.

Lots of schools word things like that. They're basically saying that they did an initial screening of your app, but you weren't competitive enough to warrant further consideration. Now that they're done interviewing, they can't consider your application any further.
interesting, I have a pretty vast experience with receiving R's ( over 22 so far) and have never encountered something like this. thanks for letting me know though.

interesting, I have a pretty vast experience with receiving R's ( over 22 so far) and have never encountered something like this. thanks for letting me know though.
I didn't get the email, so I could be wrong of course. There are schools like Rosalind Franklin that legitimately don't review applications. I agree that it's a stupid practice.

I think if you applied early that they likely looked over your app. As someone mentioned later down, they don’t have a history of not looking over applications like some schools. For the last few interview dates in the thread, applicants were pulled from varying completion dates. They’re definitely a school that looks at mission fit more than the standard GPA/MCAT criteria.

Honestly, this cycle has been completely wonky. The schools I expected to hear from ghosted me and others I didn’t know too much about offered interviews.

Wishing the best for you.