2020-2021 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
campus is beautiful, area directly around it is pretty typical suburban/nice small town. downtown has its fun areas (12 minutes from campus). I can answer any other questions on the area if anyone has them!
Where do first year students typically live? Also do you have any insight on living in Brookfield, WI ?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waitlisted. Do I still send in a credit report and is it normal for schools to ask you to send them a credit report over email? I've never done one for any other school.
FYI: This is what is stated in waitlist portion of the portal and it is also in the waitlist email

"As a reminder, to remain on the Waitlist past April 30th, you need to have an approved credit report submitted to our Financial Aid Office. You can send this via email ([email protected]) or via snail mail (MCW, Attn: Financial Aid Office, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226)."

So, if you want to remain on the waitlist, you MUST submit the credit report by 4/30

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed the admissions office, there is another interview date at end of month.

pre-ii R a couple hours ago! good luck everyone

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
If their last interview date is this Friday, would that just mean any remaining II's would only go to ppl if someone withdraws from their interview? Fingers crossed they open up a new date or two lol

If their last interview date is this Friday, would that just mean any remaining II's would only go to ppl if someone withdraws from their interview? Fingers crossed they open up a new date or two lol
They have not officially stated anything regarding this, but someone in the thread said that there is another date at the end of the month. That would be 03/26. If there were dates beyond that, the admissions office likely would have mentioned them (or their plan to open them up) when they contacted that student. Since MCW typically sends II a week or more before the interview day, it is likely that no more interview invites will be sent.

Additionally, the school has said that they would send pre-II Rs when the cycle had ended. Since there have been quite a few of those posted recently, one can assume that the cycle is over. In theory, it is possible that someone may decline their interview invite and it could get sent to someone else, but that is pretty unlikely to happen given that there is only 1 interview day left.

I'm sorry to say it, but anyone that has not received an II should assume that they will not be getting one from MCW. There's still that tiny chance, but it is so small that it isn't realistic to keep up hope for an II at this point.

Edit: Someone said they just got an II. That doesn't significantly change where I stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R here a couple days ago, complete August.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
II just now. MCW - Milwaukee. OOS, Complete 9/2.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congratulations!!! What interview dates are available?
The only date available was this Friday! I’ll be declining the interview. Hopefully one of you gets the invite!! :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone heard back regarding their financial aid package including any scholarships?

Hi! I have two questions. How long does it take after releasing your Certiphi background check for this requirement to get checked off in the MCW admissions portal? Also, does anyone know when students hear regarding their financial aid package? Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Has anybody taken advantage of the application feedback from MCW in previous years? This is my first application cycle and figured it would be a good decision unless it is not super helpful?

Hi! I have two questions. How long does it take after releasing your Certiphi background check for this requrinment to get checked off in the MCW admissions portal? Also, does anyone know when students hear regarding their financial aid package? Thanks!!!
Mine took 3 days to get the Certiphi background checked off in the portal.

Hi all! Thrilled to have just gotten an interview for Friday, March 26. If you are a current student or was just admitted and could carve out 5-10 minutes to speak with me, that would be greatly appreciated. Please direct message me if you have time for a quick call. Thanks!!

Whoa! Woke up to a II!! So unexpected but so excited... this was one of my top choices from the beginning. OOS (IL), ORM, don't know what my LM is lol. Only date was 26th.

Reactions: 6 users
Are any in state applicants still waiting to hear back?? I’m IS, complete in late July, and still no II and no rejection.

Where do first year students typically live? Also do you have any insight on living in Brookfield, WI ?
I would say a majority live in rented out duplexes or apartments close to the school but the highways are pretty solid so nothing is too far away. Brookfield is pretty large (in terms of area), so you could be 8 minutes from the school or 20 depending on where you are at. Most of it is pretty upscale tho. DM if you want any more specifics!

How did people upload an update letter? Just as an additional document in the admissions portal? Or did you do something else? Thanks!

How did people upload an update letter? Just as an additional document in the admissions portal? Or did you do something else? Thanks!
Hi, you just go into the application portal and click on the tab that says Document Upload. There is an option for an update letter specifically!

Waitlisted for Green Bay 3/18, accepted to Milwaukee already so not sure what’s next

Reactions: 2 users
Does MCW accept letters of intent/interest? I sent a general update letter back in December but still silence from them.

II!!!!I can't believe it!!! I screamed LOL!! Was really giving up hope.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats/ which interview dates are left?
Just this Friday is left so I’m guessing I got an invite that someone else rejected. 511 mcat average gpa IS first gen applied late September. Sent an update and letter of interest

• Love
Just this Friday is left so I’m guessing I got an invite that someone else rejected. 511 mcat average gpa IS first gen applied late September.
Hey, an II is an II. You have a solid shot. 👍

Reactions: 5 users
I wanted to also say that in the email they mentioned they are inviting for interviews first come first serve and if you don’t sign up fast enough you can request to be placed on an interview waitlist. So, there is still a very small chance for an II but you could be on an interview waitlist if that makes sense.

Can any former students speak on the financial aid package offered by MCW Milwaukee? I'm not too familiar with how grants/scholarships work in medical school, but a school I was accepted to is providing a free 10k yearly scholarship (I'm assuming it's for everyone because I never applied for it) and I just wanted to know if MCW does anything similar or offers any URM scholarships.

Received an II about 2 hours ago!!! Complete 9/1. :)

How is the vibe at this school? I would really like to know what to expect during my interviews. Alternatively, can someone direct me to the right page if this has been already mentioned?

Last edited:
Received an II about 2 hours ago!!! Complete 9/1. :)

How is the vibe at this school? I would really like to know what to expect during my interviews. Alternatively, can someone direct me to the right page if this has been already mentioned?
Very friendly, non-judgmental. I didn't get any hard-hitting questions, just one's about who I am and how I got there.

• Care
II just this morning!!!! URM, OOS, 505 MCAT, 3.0 upga, 3.7 masters GPA

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II this morning as well!! I am in disbelief and so effing happy, stats in sig

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II yesterday but no way of getting a full day off work on 2 days notice :\. Good luck to the rest of the people interviewing 👊🏾

• Care
II yesterday but no way of getting a full day off work on 2 days notice :\. Good luck to the rest of the people interviewing 👊🏾
Ugh that's so brutal, I'm sorry :(. I hate when schools do things like this that factor in 0 consideration for non-trad applicants.

Just received what might literally be the last II at MCW for this Friday. Submitted late July, IS, sent a LOI around Christmas. Had already come to terms with MCW rejecting me, so this was a pleasant surprise!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just received what might literally be the last II at MCW for this Friday. Submitted late July, IS, sent a LOI around Christmas. Had already come to terms with MCW rejecting me, so this was a pleasant surprise!
Congratulations! Go crush it. :)