2020-2021 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone got any insight on whether or not second look will be in person this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was really hoping to tour the area... oh well. I’m sure it’s nice lol
During my interview, they said they may allow accepted students to schedule individual in-person tours if you reach out to admissions.

Reactions: 3 users
Random question, can a medical school see where a student has been accepted/waitlisted?

Random question, can a medical school see where a student has been accepted/waitlisted?
Nope! They can pretty much only see where their applicants matriculated in the following October.
1615931528248.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
From an angst perspective:
I have no right to give anyone advice, but ....My personal perspective is that all the applicants need to quit worrying about stats and LM etc. In reality if you are here, you are competitive at some schools. So at this stage in the game, it’s about showing interest in schools, LOI etc., every couple of weeks. At the end of the day please don’t hesitate to show interest. No school is going to turn you away or get pissed off if you send them emails. Show interest, ask them for an update- (distinction here) you don’t have to send them updates! My best wishes to you all!

Reactions: 6 users
I was WL on Feb23rd and was wondering how many people are usually accepted off of the waitlist? Also, does MCW have some sort of ranked waitlist or are acceptances offered at random?

I was WL on Feb23rd and was wondering how many people are usually accepted off of the waitlist? Also, does MCW have some sort of ranked waitlist or are acceptances offered at random?

Typical # of Waitlist Positions: 100-200 at MCW-Milwaukee and 25-50 at MCW-Green Bay and MCW-Central Wisconsin
# of Acceptance Offers: 50
Waitlist Procedures: Applicants are placed on the waitlist throughout the interview cycle with few offers extended prior to May. The waitlist is unranked, and applicants are selected through a holistic review process

Typical # of Waitlist Positions: 100-200 at MCW-Milwaukee and 25-50 at MCW-Green Bay and MCW-Central Wisconsin
# of Acceptance Offers: 50
Waitlist Procedures: Applicants are placed on the waitlist throughout the interview cycle with few offers extended prior to May. The waitlist is unranked, and applicants are selected through a holistic review process
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else waiting for a post-interview decision on 3/22? Super excited and nervous, trying not to get my hopes up but my best friend lives in Milwaukee and it'd be great to spend the next 4 years there! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'M IN!!! Received the acceptance email at 4:49 CST j😭😭 I'm literally shaking so it's hard to type, I can't believe it!!! Interviewed 3/5, OOS (MN), 3.59, 507! My first and probably only A--Milwaukee here I come!!! My mom died almost 4 years ago to the day and I know she'd be so proud :) Time to celebrate and stop studying for the MCAT finally, I was going to retake in May if I didn't get in! Good luck to those left! ❤️

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 50 users
I'M IN!!! Received the acceptance email at 4:49 CST j😭😭 I'm literally shaking so it's hard to type, I can't believe it!!! Interviewed 3/5, OOS (MN), 3.59, 507! My first and probably only A--Milwaukee here I come!!! My mom died almost 4 years ago to the day and I know she'd be so proud :) Time to celebrate and stop studying for the MCAT finally, I was going to retake in May if I didn't get in! Good luck to those left! ❤️
Huge congratulations to you!!

• Care
Oh my god this is so so beautiful!!!! Congratulations, she must be so proud and happy for you, absolutely amazing!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody been accepted off the WL? I know they say most WL movement happens in May, but they said a "few" offers happen before then.

Oh my god this is so so beautiful!!!! Congratulations, she must be so proud and happy for you, absolutely amazing!
Glad to see these type of comments. All I f you are competing on your own merits - not against each other! Good luck to you all!

• Care
Got the WL today. Disappointing as it is, still happy to have gotten a chance. Its been a crazy cycle, cheers to those who got in and good luck to my fellow waitlisters!

• Care
Was anyone else promised a March 15th decision? (for green bay)... I haven't heard :(
I was creeping on your responses and see that you were already accepted to the Milwaukee campus. Why did you decide to interview at the Green Bay campus as well?

Still radio silence, complete in September

Reactions: 4 users
me too :( now I am self-conscious i wonder how terrible my app must have been to not even get an II :(
do you mind sharing if you are in state or oos and stats? I haven't heard anything yet and am worried it was my CASPR :(

any accepted students get the 2021 match list? I saw they updated their website to reflect distribution but anyone get the actual list?

any accepted students get the 2021 match list? I saw they updated their website to reflect distribution but anyone get the actual list?
that's a pretty good list - based on the distribution

I was accepted into the MD/MS program today. Those of you who also got accepted into the program do you think it’s manageable to do both MD and graduate courses together?

Has anyone gotten an II lately/know when the last date is?

I was accepted into the MD/MS program today. Those of you who also got accepted into the program do you think it’s manageable to do both MD and graduate courses together?
Congrats! I was accepted to it too today. It sounds like we wouldn’t do the pathway courses and instead just to the MS courses (correct me if I’m wrong). And in M3 & M4 we take research electives. Having true P/F preclinical grades sounds like it will help our extra responsibilities be more manageable. However, I think it will likely only be worth it if your goals include a career that involves some degree of clinical research.

Congrats! I was accepted to it too today. It sounds like we wouldn’t do the pathway courses and instead just to the MS courses (correct me if I’m wrong). And in M3 & M4 we take research electives. Having true P/F preclinical grades sounds like it will help our extra responsibilities be more manageable. However, I think it will likely only be worth it if your goals include a career that involves some degree of clinical research.
Thanks, I didn’t know we wouldn’t do the pathway courses. That makes the load easier. Yes I plan to do research throughout my career. Also I think it will make our residency application stand out since Step 1 is pass and fail now.

Thanks, I didn’t know we wouldn’t do the pathway courses. That makes the load easier. Yes I plan to do research throughout my career. Also I think it will make our residency application stand out since Step 1 is pass and fail now.
The USMLE changes are a huge relief right when going for stuff like a dual degree 😅

I've heard they would be done interviewing on 3/26, but that was not an official source. I assume that they are 99% or 100% done with II.
Yea I mean they said they wouldn’t send interview rejections until the cycle was over. Sent out a bunch yesterday, so that’s probably indicative of the end of their season.

I was really hoping to tour the area... oh well. I’m sure it’s nice lol
campus is beautiful, area directly around it is pretty typical suburban/nice small town. downtown has its fun areas (12 minutes from campus). I can answer any other questions on the area if anyone has them!

Reactions: 2 users