2019-2020 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get ready for another round of rejections! tune in to SDN today at 12:00 EST to find out who will survive and who will be voted off!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I’m sure there’s a GREAT reason behind this! For the greater good and practicality, like everything else medical schools do, MUST be a valid 1000 IQ reason us plebeian applicants can’t fathom! More reason to trust the process and never question anything institutions do behind closed doors! /s

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m sure there’s a GREAT reason behind this! For the greater good and practicality, like everything else medical schools do, MUST be a valid 1000 IQ reason us plebeian applicants can’t fathom! More reason to trust the process and never question anything institutions do behind closed doors! /s

300IQ.jpg

Kaiser adcoms deciding when to press the button that sends the mass email to everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone tried reaching out to admissions to see what the new timeline is for release of decisions? I am curious if anyone can get a hold of them. I have been unable to....

Waitlisted just now, interview 1/16

Last edited:
  • Wow
Waitlisted as well. It seems like they anticipate using the waitlist, since they mentioned an upcoming meeting to evaluate all waitlisted applicants. Though this can just be standard protocol.

Interviewed November

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
anddddddd soooo is it safe to assume majority of us still haven't heard anything?

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted as well 7:45pm EST. Interviewed Feb. 19th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted 7:25pm EST, interviewed 2/13

Sent an update literally last night

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlist, not ranked it seems like based on the wording of the email. they will reconvene to discuss the WL applicants once more

Are the rest of us getting Rs then

Hopefully not. They gave out R’s yesterday and then WL’s today. Not sure what the methodology is but it’s hard to say what the rest of us are gonna get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully not. They gave out R’s yesterday and then WL’s today. Not sure what the methodology is but it’s hard to say what the rest of us are gonna get

I'd joke that tomorrow is the day for As but I wouldn't want to get your hopes unnecessarily lol

For those of y'all WLed, do you know if it's a ranked WL?

I think currently it is not ranked, but they will have a meeting, which may end up being a ranking meeting. I believe all waitlist are "ranked" in one way or another, either a hard ranking or a ranking based on subcriteria each applicant is sorted into ("Alright so the 528 pianist chose to go to Harvard, accept the 526 pianist at once!").

• Hmm

is it just me or does it look like there's wayyyy more WL's going out than R's?

lmaoo imagine discussing applicants till april to release decisions then to waitlist most of your interviewees, pretty much meaning they have to start all over again. if i had to give a guess maybe 50% of interviewees are waitlisted? based on absolutely nothing other then a gut feeling.
Imo maybe even 75%? LOL They interviewed much over 1000 applicants, closer to 1400. If 60 in the FB group, assuming they accepted 80 actual, that still leaves vast majority. Even if 1 SDN rejection = 25 IRL, that still leaves a huge amount of applicants.

• Hmm
looks like this thread will be alive and well for another month at least

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I got waitlisted just now, 18:55 PDT. Interview on Feb 13th.

check your portals, there is a new tab called admissions decisions that answers a lot of questions mentioned earlier tonight

Do we have to accept as wait-listed and send them an email? Also, what does "begun an orientation program at another medical school" mean? Which school has orientation before July 1st?

• What happens if I am holding another acceptance?
    • If a candidate has begun an orientation program at another medical school, an offer of admission cannot be made.
  • How do I accept the offer?
When will candidates on the waitlist list be notified that it is unlikely an admission offer will be made?
  • Candidates on the waitlist list will be notified no later than July 1st if an offer is not likely.

• Hmm
Waitlisted just now. 8 PM PST. Looking like a large number of WLs though lol so still won't get the hopes too high

Waitlisted @ 6:55pm PST.
Glad to know that we waited this long for them to tell us that we get to wait even longer :')

Waitlist 8:17 PST

The wait continues.....

Finally waitlisted. Gonna decline! Good luck everyone

I almost feel like they waitlisted everyone because they were too busy to make a decision right now

• Hmm
Anybody else out there wondering if you’re going to get a 9 PM WL, or perhaps the axe tomorrow?? Feels like I’m standing at the end of the firing squad..

Anybody else out there wondering if you’re going to get a 9 PM WL, or perhaps the axe tomorrow?? Feels like I’m standing at the end of the firing squad..
Holy frick, yes. Although I'm mentally preparing myself and expecting the worst-case scenario.

WL. Finally a response. Latest email I’ve gotten this whole cycle!

• Sad