2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anybunny receive confirmation after submitting the Sarah Stewart Scholarship?
Nope. No confirmation. No date when the winners will be announced. Very annoying tbh

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What happened to the ranking?
They dropped to 55 in Research. I really wouldn’t put much stock in this (or USNews rankings in general). For one, Georgetown isn’t a research-focused powerhouse so of course they won’t be ranked highly if they’re not pulling in ivy/Hopkins/state flagship university funding. For another, Georgetown clearly matches at the same caliber as some of the aforementioned schools.

we’re back!! Anyone hear back today/over the weekend?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone heard when sarah stewart scholars will be announced? If we already got a financial aid offers can we assume we didn't get it?

Does anyone else not have their financial aid reward listed on their MyAccess account? I emailed my documents by the deadline and it has been a couple of weeks since I have had my netID.

Does anyone else not have their financial aid reward listed on their MyAccess account? I emailed my documents by the deadline and it has been a couple of weeks since I have had my netID.
Spoiler alert: its $100k in loans! Just kidding....kinda.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed 1/29 heard back yet?

sent in a letter of interest in March, would it look desperate to send in another update or letter now before the next WL wave?

Yeah are we just supposed to keep sending updates/letters if we are on the WL? Asking for a friend.....

Feels like I'm sending love letters and being left on read :cryi:

Reactions: 3 users
Sigh, interviewed 1/22 and WL'd today - really hoping for good WL movement since this is my top choice

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Sigh, interviewed 1/22 and WL'd today - really hoping for good WL movement since this is my top choice
I hope so too!! did you send them an update or LOI before the decision? i wonder if theyre putting all later interviewees in the waitlist pool

I believe via email. I reached out to Dr. Cheng to see if there was a timeline but she just said they're still deliberating and should come to a decision soon. If anyone else wants to email though to find out if we'll find out before April 15th, would be amazing!

Reactions: 1 users
I believe via email. I reached out to Dr. Cheng to see if there was a timeline but she just said they're still deliberating and should come to a decision soon. If anyone else wants to email though to find out if we'll find out before April 15th, would be amazing!
When did you email her?

sent in a letter of interest in March, would it look desperate to send in another update or letter now before the next WL wave?
I sent in three update letters between my interview and my acceptance decision lol. MD/PhD, but still.

Do any other admitted students (particularly those admitted one month+ ago) still not see a financial package tab on their MyAccess? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or if it hasn't been released for everyone yet.

Also got the A call ahhhh!! Interviewed 1/22, update letter sent mid-March

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
for those who’ve been accepted, did you already get your financial aid packages/how long after the A did that take?

Reactions: 1 users