2019-2020 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still haven’t got anything either and was complete around the same time. I emailed them and asked to add a document to my app and they did so. I think that they are just behind on verifying apps but they definitely have it.
I submitted 7/26 and got an immediate complete email. Is that what you are referring to? Or an additional subsequent communication?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted 7/26 and got an immediate complete email. Is that what you are referring to? Or an additional subsequent communication?
Nope that’s what I’m talking about. That’s interesting that I didn’t get one? All we had to do was that one page and pay correct? Anyone else still have no email?

Nope that’s what I’m talking about. That’s interesting that I didn’t get one? All we had to do was that one page and pay correct? Anyone else still have no email?

I also did not get a complete email. I’ll call them Monday and see if there is anything else I needed to do and update here!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They said to contact them if you didn't receive a complete email within 3 business days. I emailed them after about a week and got the complete email the same day so I recommend emailing them if you still haven't gotten it.

Does anyone else's portal say "we look forward to receiving all the documents needed to complete your application" even though you're complete? I got a very unambiguous complete email right after submitting on 7/12, but I checked the portal just now and realized it hasn't changed. I also haven't heard back from them after sending my ITA email, but I only sent it a few days ago.

Does anyone else's portal say "we look forward to receiving all the documents needed to complete your application" even though you're complete? I got a very unambiguous complete email right after submitting on 7/12, but I checked the portal just now and realized it hasn't changed. I also haven't heard back from them after sending my ITA email, but I only sent it a few days ago.
What do you mean ambiguous. The email says that the app is complete and they will review your app”

if you got a complete email, you're fine

They responded to my ITA email with a clearly copied-and-pasted template email (with a whole new subject line as well) by the next day.

When I submitted my secondary (7/22) I received an email saying that they received it but were still waiting on my letters (don't you just love slow committees) and would email me when they received the letters. My committee letter was submitted on 7/30 and am marked complete at every other school. Should I email them or just hold off and assume they received it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone familiar with Cornell's writing requirements? On their website it says you need two, one in humanities, history, or social sciences and one in English literature. Is this a hard requirement or would they consider waiving it?
I used AP English credit and took two writing intensive courses at my school, one in humanities and one in history. I wasn't aware of Cornell's requirement until recently so now I'm not sure if I'll be able to apply :/

Is anyone familiar with Cornell's writing requirements? On their website it says you need two, one in humanities, history, or social sciences and one in English literature. Is this a hard requirement or would they consider waiving it?
I used AP English credit and took two writing intensive courses at my school, one in humanities and one in history. I wasn't aware of Cornell's requirement until recently so now I'm not sure if I'll be able to apply :/
They are really not that strict, I used various writing intensive courses that did not quite fit their recommendations - such as a science based thesis. It's best to ask them specifically, but only to set yourself at ease. Most schools IME aren't too strict with this course classification.

Edit: In fact, I think when I called before the application cycle I got the response similar to "eh, that's fine"

I'm an incoming MS1 and wasn't even aware of these requirements lol. My two writing-intensive classes were in psychology and in film, so make of that what you will

I'm an incoming MS1 and wasn't even aware of these requirements lol. My two writing-intensive classes were in psychology and in film, so make of that what you will
This is huge. I just immediately dropped the English class I was planning on taking in the fall.

I submitted like mid July, got a complete email August 1st. No II yet. Any ideas what this means?

I submitted like mid July, got a complete email August 1st. No II yet? Any ideas what this means?
Means you don't have an II as of this moment! No worries, you're gucci, pull up a chair and wait around with the rest of us.

Reactions: 2 users
Based on previous years, they are likely to start sending II's next week.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

You know, they should really link the previous year's thread in the original post for each school-specific thread. What mod is in charge of that?

I submitted my secondary a few days ago and didn't get a complete email, it just says "We are pleased that you are interested in attending Weill Cornell Medical College and look forward to receiving all the documents needed to complete your application." Anyone have any idea why that is?

I submitted my secondary a few days ago and didn't get a complete email, it just says "We are pleased that you are interested in attending Weill Cornell Medical College and look forward to receiving all the documents needed to complete your application." Anyone have any idea why that is?
Are your LORs in?

Are your LORs in?

I'm using my school's committee letter. All other colleges have received the committee letter, so I assume Cornell has. Within Cornell's portal, all I can see is this "Thank you for your application" page that says "We are pleased that you are interested in attending Weill Cornell Medical College and look forward to receiving all the documents needed to complete your application." There's no way of seeing if they received my LOR's, i.e. there's no checklist of what has been done and what they are waiting to receive.

I submitted all my materials July 31. I only received a complete email from Cornell yesterday.

Yea I had to wait it out for a week or two before I got a complete email

Yea I had to wait it out for a week or two before I got a complete email

Thanks! Did you have the same message about "receiving all the documents needed"? That's the part I'm most concerned about, because it's unclear if they're processing my application or if they're waiting on something

Thanks! Did you have the same message about "receiving all the documents needed"? That's the part I'm most concerned about, because it's unclear if they're processing my application or if they're waiting on something
I got that same message and then a couple weeks later the complete email

Did anyone else notice that II’s have been sent out on 8/15 for the past two cycles?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Always worth hoping. I was complete later in July, so I'm not expecting anything anytime soon.

Almost had a heart attack opening an email from them just now, but it was just a complete email... Submitted 8/5, complete 8/15 today, 10 days later

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users