2018-2019 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FYI MSTP waitlist started moving yesterday

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
would you know when the MD waitlist will start moving? many thanks!
Not sure, but I heard that MSTP is back to 18 students for 2019 entering class so there are 4 less MD seats since overall class size remains at 106

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure, but I heard that MSTP is back to 18 students for 2019 entering class so there are 4 less MD seats since overall class size remains at 106

anyone who gets off this WL will be a true hero, I feel like there has only been terrible news for those of us waiting thus far hahaha

I'm losing all hope at this point
I’m gonna try my best to cheer you up - only saw about 50 or so new students in the class FB group so I doubt the class is full. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
I’m gonna try my best to cheer you up - only saw about 50 or so new students in the class FB group so I doubt the class is full. Hope this helps!
aw thank you! Because when I had clicked on the fb group page and saw that there were 100+ students already in the group I thought it was only new students and so I assumed the class was already full haha

I withdrew my acceptance last week! Good luck to everyone on the WL :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Did everyone on waitlist get the email to reconfirm interest?

I just received it, too.

Reactions: 1 user
Smashed that respond at lightning speed

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Fine....I’ll ask the hard questions.....anyone on the WL not receive the email?

Fine....I’ll ask the hard questions.....anyone on the WL not receive the email?
The email states that everyone on the alternate list gets the email, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no :D

Yup got it as well, i'm sure everyone still on the WL got the email

Off the waitlist today (got the info via a 212 area phone call)... this is my first time posting but lmk if you have any questions

Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone get a response to the WL interest confirmation email that they sent back?

also didn't get a response

edit: not sure about you folks but I'm so exhausted by this whole app cycle, I've spent the majority of it neurotic af and it's May and I still don't know exactly where I'm going to end up in 2 months while my friends already signed their leases etc. long ago. WCMC is my dream school and this WL wait is weighing on me heavy, as I'm sure it is for some of you as well--#quick vent--good luck to all of you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 users

edit: not sure about you folks but I'm so exhausted by this whole app cycle, I've spent the majority of it neurotic af and it's May and I still don't know exactly where I'm going to end up in 2 months while my friends already signed their leases etc. long ago. WCMC is my dream school and this WL wait is weighing on me heavy, as I'm sure it is for some of you as well--#quick vent--good luck to all of you
Hang in there buddy. Just remember how far you’ve come. Idk about you but the beginning of the application cycle seems so long ago and I remember feeling like “next year” was so far away and here we are. I too felt so drained and anxious (when I took a gap year) because I just wanted to be in med school already. Try to ~enjoy~ the journey because next year, you’ll be at the school you’re meant to be at!

you are not alone buddy, I'm in a similar situation and just want it to be ooooooover (with a good ending)

Reactions: 2 users

this speaks to me on a spiritual level

Neuroticism intensifies I didn’t get any response

I should also mention that I attached a letter detailing my reasons for my continued interest and they mentioned that was placed in my file. Maybe I only got a response because they wanted to notify me of my file update. Hope this abates any worries! Good luck to you all.

Last year several people got calls the evening of the 8th. Maybe there will be some good news today!

After some incredible stress and many sleepless nights, I'm proud to announce that my inbox is still empty :/

Last year several people got calls the evening of the 8th. Maybe there will be some good news today!

I must redirect my powerful energies to benefit myself specifically next time

Reactions: 8 users
I am starting to believe that there is significantly much less WL movement this year. Their ranking soared, more MD/PhD spots thus less MD spots compared to last year

I am starting to believe that there is significantly much less WL movement this year. Their ranking soared, more MD/PhD spots thus less MD spots compared to last year

lmao chill dude cornell has one of the lowest yield rates of all t20 schools, there will be PLENTY of wl movement

How do you know that? Honestly curious.

Obviously NYU will be higher this year