2019-2020 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received

Members don't see this ad.

Will it seem strange if my committee letter is not in this top three? I do have a committee letter (not packet, not composite, just from the pre-med board) that I sent to them, but I personally feel that my other letters speak much better to my character and experiences, and are frankly probably stronger than whatever the committee letter says.
I'd be careful with this. By nature, I feel like most committee letters won't be that personal, but med schools seem to highly regard them as a comprehensive review of you as a candidate by your undergrad faculty.

Reactions: 1 user
Wondering if anyone has any insight on this...

I originally decided to not apply here because Cornell does not accept AP Credit and I did not take any inorganic chem labs in my time as an undergrad. However, I really do like the school, so would it be theoretically possible to take it at a community college in the months before I start if I were to hypothetically get in?
I'm on the same boat and I'm not sure about how to go about this. In addition to my orgo courses and AP credits for general chemistry, I took one physical chemistry course and that's it. I don't know if it's worth it to apply here even though I think I like this school. If they'd let us finish up in the spring (which I don't think would be allowed because they say that they want all requirements done by January 31), I might still apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the same boat and I'm not sure about how to go about this. In addition to my orgo courses and AP credits for general chemistry, I took one physical chemistry course and that's it. I don't know if it's worth it to apply here even though I think I like this school. If they'd let us finish up in the spring (which I don't think would be allowed because they say that they want all requirements done by January 31), I might still apply.

Does anyone know how strict they are with these requirements? I already submitted my secondary but didn't realize they had these requirements until now. I'm in the same situations as you. I took 2 semesters of orgo, 1 semester of biochem, but I only have AP credit for gen chem. I was going to take physical chemistry this upcoming year (my senior year) but then I won't be done by their January 31 deadline. Should I shoot them an email?

Does anyone know how strict they are with these requirements? I already submitted my secondary but didn't realize they had these requirements until now. I'm in the same situations as you. I took 2 semesters of orgo, 1 semester of biochem, but I only have AP credit for gen chem. I was going to take physical chemistry this upcoming year (my senior year) but then I won't be done by their January 31 deadline. Should I shoot them an email?

Same here, but with English. I never took an English-literature course due to my AP credits, the closest thing is fictional writing.

Call admissions

I think I would email them! I'm going to send them an email too. I don't want to miss out on applying to Cornell if they're willing to make exceptions, substitutions, or let me take one last chemistry course next spring. I'm a trombone player and their Music & Medicine initiative is sooooo cool!

When your application is complete, do you get an email with this new interface (it seems like it was different last year)?

Mine just says "Finished" at the bottom...

I got a “application complete” email about two days after I submitted. Web portal looks the same though.

Anyone not get a confirmation email after submitting yet?

I think the application portal says they manually verify submitted apps so I think it will take a few days, like user boolfish21 said below

I got a “application complete” email about two days after I submitted. Web portal looks the same though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I submitted thursday but haven't received one yet

Reactions: 1 users
MSTP complete email received on 16th after submission on 14th.

added school last night, secondary received this morning. oos.

Do you think I should contact the admissions office if it's been a week and still haven't received a complete email?

Do you think I should contact the admissions office if it's been a week and still haven't received a complete email?
Yeah. I think I read somewhere that they said to contact them if you didn't get the complete email by the end of the third business day.

@people with commitee letter packet that includes other letters --- did you just put your school name?

Is it true that Cornell prefers a 72 hour turnaround for secondaries?

Hey, got in last cycle. Got my secondary 7/17, submitted 8/09, complete 8/21, II 12/21 for 1/15. Don't stress, man.

Reactions: 15 users
...hours??? God I hope not

Received complete email today, submitted 7/17

Did anyone else notice that the instructions say 1500 characters but the space allows for 1525?
Bit late but noticed this as well. Do you think the extra characters are meant as buffer room for anyone who was struggling with a couple extra characters, or should we strictly adhere to the 1500 character limit?

Bit late but noticed this as well. Do you think the extra characters are meant as buffer room for anyone who was struggling with a couple extra characters, or should we strictly adhere to the 1500 character limit?
As long as it lets you type and save you are good.

I think it’s a buffer. I went a bit over too

Wondering if anyone has any insight on this...

I originally decided to not apply here because Cornell does not accept AP Credit and I did not take any inorganic chem labs in my time as an undergrad. However, I really do like the school, so would it be theoretically possible to take it at a community college in the months before I start if I were to hypothetically get in?

Same but I'm applying anyway

Anyone else having trouble submitting it? I've been trying to press the submit and pay button and it just gives me the loading wheel
What did you do to fix this? I'm having the same problem and refreshing is not making a difference.

Anyone know how to upload supporting documents. I have a doc of all my abstracts and there seems to be no option. Thanks

How soon after sending primary do people usually get secondary and do they screen before sending secondary?

There is no option for supporting documents. They do however, accept updates.
“Send updates if something significant changes in your application (e.g. major award or publication). We are open to receiving substantive and occasional updates.”

Email it to: [email protected]
Thanks. I actually called and they do add supporting documents to your app if you email them! [email protected] for anyone who wants the email.

Has anyone applying to Tri-I not received a complete Email? Submitted supplemental 3 weeks ago... should I Email them and ask?

Has anyone submitted an ITA email yet? Their complete email is very upfront about their receptiveness to them, and I already know when I'm going to be in NYC

Has anyone submitted an ITA email yet? Their complete email is very upfront about their receptiveness to them, and I already know when I'm going to be in NYC

I sent an ITA email! They responded, and said they had added it to my file.

Is there any sense in applying again if I was rejected post-interview? I got to mention and update them about most of my gap year activities, but I do have a few new ones. However, I am hesitant to apply again because I wasn't even waitlisted. They just rejected me.

Out of curiosity, did you mention having another interview? I want to send an ITA email but not sure how to word it

I did mention that I had another interview! I think it makes it clear that you're definitely required to be in town on that date and are trying to reduce costs if possible. I wouldn't worry too much about wording because they're the only school I know of that literally encourages you to send these emails. Just say you're gonna be in the city on that day and understand that things are hard to accommodate but if being considered for an interview, it would be great if it was on that day.

Submitted regular MD 7/25 and no complete yet. Should I email them or wait? I figure they might be swamped with a lot of applications to verify.

Submitted regular MD 7/25 and no complete yet. Should I email them or wait? I figure they might be swamped with a lot of applications to verify.
Still haven’t got anything either and was complete around the same time. I emailed them and asked to add a document to my app and they did so. I think that they are just behind on verifying apps but they definitely have it.

Bearing in mind that I’m just an applicant and don’t know anything, I think even the fact that you got an interview shows that you had a good shot. The vast majority of applicants don’t get an II, so clearly they liked something about your app. I would personally apply again but it’s up to you. Good luck either way!
I would also ask Cornell what you can do to be a stronger applicant for this cycle. Most admission committees are very willing to give feedback as to why you were not accepted previously and it shows a genuine interest