2019-2020 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FINALLY SUBMITTED THIS BEAST! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Same I have no idea what they want in the autobiography, but I was so eager to get it over with I didn't really care. Did people just write about their life starting from when they were born through highschool up until now? Or was it meant to be more recent?

Members don't see this ad.

Same I have no idea what they want in the autobiography, but I was so eager to get it over with I didn't really care. Did people just write about their life starting from when they were born through highschool up until now? Or was it meant to be more recent?
I had a paragraph about each major life period. So, a birth to highschool paragraph, a paragraph about basic training, a paragraph about becoming a leader and lab tech, a paragraph about a new job and marriage, an adversity paragraph with said new job and a new child, a filler paragraph that brought me to college, and a paragraph about college.

Honestly, I don’t think there’s one way to write it. I went with the more common chronological method I guess. Kind of just focused on telling them what me who I am. Mine was very story like though, not sure if that was the right thing to do lmao
Mine was also very chronological. The main problem I had is that everything that I did during college since high school was already covered in my primary, so my autobiography contains a lot of stuff from middle school and high school. Hopefully vanderbilt shows me mercy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was also very chronological. The main problem I had is that everything that I did during college since high school was already covered in my primary, so my autobiography contains a lot of stuff from middle school and high school. Hopefully vanderbilt shows me mercy.
I think that’s fine as long as you didn’t just copy and paste stories

My autobiography was long as well. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just submitted Vanderbilt secondary. It says my application is complete...on 7/19/2019. Is that on Greenwich Mean Time, because it is still 7/18/2019 both here and Nashville... Maybe they do next business day?

Reactions: 2 users
Just submitted Vanderbilt secondary. It says my application is complete...on 7/19/2019. Is that on Greenwich Mean Time, because it is still 7/18/2019 both here and Nashville... Maybe they do next business day?

Dang, submitted on the 11th and letters still marked as not received. Would it be appropriate to call, or should I wait it out?

I have collaborated with Vanderbilt on a few projects through my work at a local pediatric hospital. Should I check "Yes" for the
"Please let us know if you did research at Vanderbilt University or Vanderbilt University Medical Center" question?

I have collaborated with Vanderbilt on a few projects through my work at a local pediatric hospital. Should I check "Yes" for the
"Please let us know if you did research at Vanderbilt University or Vanderbilt University Medical Center" question?
Probably not... unless part of that collaboration involved you doing research physically AT Vanderbilt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is what the c/o 2023 M1 was talking about in last year's thread.

I don't think a personal essay for the challenge is off-limits, the prompt never makes an explicit distinction. If your application isn't personal enough, I would argue it would benefit more from a personal essay, and vice versa. Notwithstanding, I believe whatever you feel is more compelling to write about is putting your best forward, here.

Just speculation from a fellow applicant, though. :)
Does anyone know who the info on the linked page is from? Is this just some general admissions advisor or is it the committee from the actual school themselves that is providing those responses?

It's a generic advising company, they don't have any insider information on the topic from Vanderbilt, I believe they have those excerpts for every school.
Ah that makes me more hesitant about following their advice then. I initially used a personal challenge essay but changed it to professional after reading that but now I'm torn.

i just got marked complete and got an email from them! my LOR's took forever to go in

I just added this school as a reach solely because I had to write an autobiography for another secondary.. LOL

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else not received a secondary yet

Reactions: 3 users
For listing presentations/abstracts, should we include poster presentations?

How long did it take for them to reply after you emailed and ask? I also had issues paying my fee (it's their stupid payment processor...I did a quick google search for that error and it came up everywhere), emailed early morning (5am EDT) and haven't gotten a response.
I wouldn’t say it is a fetish, but I too love the moist embrace as my mouth fills with saliva induced by those sweet sweet sour gummy children.

On topic - they responded to me in about 35 minutes...so not sure your holdup.

I wouldn’t say it is a fetish, but I too love the moist embrace as my mouth fills with saliva induced by those sweet sweet sour gummy children.

On topic - they responded to me in about 35 minutes...so not sure your holdup.
Be me, just woke up
See a notification on Vanderbilt -> oh crap did they send out II
Get to read about sour patch fetishes
It's too early for this

• Haha
  • Sad
Be me, just woke up
See a notification on Vanderbilt -> oh crap did they send out II
Get to read about sour patch fetishes
It's too early for this

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
how do you know they're sending out II today?

I’ve got $20 on @u_raptor

In all seriousness, this is one of the ones I am most hoping for/looking forward to IF I got it. I got in for undergrad but it was too expensive, willing to spend it for med school though.

Vandy plz

This is a gentle reminder that not getting an II on the first day people get them does not in any way mean you won't get one eventually.

Reactions: 5 users
In all seriousness, this is one of the ones I am most hoping for/looking forward to IF I got it. I got in for undergrad but it was too expensive, willing to spend it for med school though.

Vandy plz

Exact same situation, was deciding between it and my state school, but it was just too expensive to be worth it. The campus and Nashville are amazing though. They also gave me a free vandy backpack for the admitted students tour which was cool.

Exact same situation, was deciding between it and my state school, but it was just too expensive to be worth it. The campus and Nashville are amazing though. They also gave me a free vandy backpack for the admitted students tour which was cool.
Are you me?? Chose my state school as well :rofl:

Worst mistake I’ve made all cycle is checking this page haha now I can’t stop refreshing my email in anticipation of the II

Reactions: 5 users
Group withdraw - if @u_raptor can’t be a day one vandy then none of us can. Like the status. Join the pact.

• Haha