2019-2020 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejections were correct! Sorry everyone ❤

:(
Did you have a UID near your name in your portal? Wondering if "only waitlisted/accepted applicants have UID" statement on the UCLA website is true.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
:(
Did you have a UID near your name in your portal? Wondering if "only waitlisted/accepted applicants have UID" statement on the UCLA website is true.
I think I've had one since I googled the school back in the summer lol

Edit: That wasn't supposed to come across aggressive if it did. I remember having it with the secondary in august so I would assume it is not dependent on any status now. Plus I'm lazy AF and if I was going to make a system I would just have it auto-generate IDs for everyone instead of doing it in chunks throughout the cycle

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I think I've had one since I googled the school back in the summer lol

Edit: That wasn't supposed to come across aggressive if it did. I remember having it with the secondary in august so I would assume it is not dependent on any status now. Plus I'm lazy AF and if I was going to make a system I would just have it auto-generate IDs for everyone instead of doing it in chunks throughout the cycle

No worries! It wasn't aggressive.
Interesting... I remember getting mine after interviewing. But yea just asking to see if those who were rejected had it cause I never got ID's at any other UC I applied to (or any school for that matter).

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way, the deadline to sign up for second look is 2/28 so I'm guessing at the very latest, all outright A's will be out by then and R/Ws will be released shortly after? Sorry to everyone still waiting for news, hang in there :(
I know someone who was silent and accepted in June so anything is possible...

Called admissions...
there have been waitlists & rejections sent out post-interview
class is not full yet, offers are still rolling

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
So everyone who hasn't heard can still get A/WL/R.. lol scary

interviewed in Oct. last email received was early Dec...lol I feel I am rejected already

• Sad
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Whatever happens, be thankful that your dreams weren’t destroyed as savagely as those in the Mayo Clinic thread.

I was awarded a Geffen scholarship today after being accepted in October. I am so happy and I'm in shock and disbelief.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear. I really can't wait to go to UCLA. Truly a dream come true.

• Love
Reactions: 24 users
I was awarded a Geffen scholarship today after being accepted in October. I am so happy and I'm in shock and disbelief.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear. I really can't wait to go to UCLA. Truly a dream come true.
sam winner.jpg

never doubted ya ;)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Were you notified through email or phone?

Ok so is this "Statement of Intent to Register" binding? should we will it out so that we can get finaid? 'tis unclear to me
Hey! Did you (or anyone else!) end up filling this out, by any chance? I've also been sitting on it and waiting, but now I'm afraid that it'll be too late hah.

Hey! Did you (or anyone else!) end up filling this out, by any chance? I've also been sitting on it and waiting, but now I'm afraid that it'll be too late hah.
I also filled it out. I don’t think it’s binding either but it seemed required within 15 days to “officially” accept your acceptance. I could be wrong though

Quick people, rally! Post something! The Mayo thread is catching up!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
@PapayaJambalaya I think you should share your acceptance with us. I'll even do your homework for you!
(Will throw in weekly snack baskets & motivational stickers if you're nice.)
Joint-MD anyone???
Sounds like you would be a great classmate. I hope you get an acceptance soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Does anyone have suggestions on sending an update including a list of publications that are currently in review/in preparation?

Does anyone have suggestions on sending an update including a list of publications that are currently in review/in preparation?

Best to wait for them to be accepted if you think it will be somewhat soon. Accepted for publication and/or published sounds much better than submitted.

Yeah if it’s not published it’s probably going to hold little value at this stage in the process

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the deadline to submit financial aid documents for UCLA is?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is totally awesome, and you are so lucky to be in a position to be totally done at this point in the cycle, and to be able to make such a spectacular choice. My dad likes to tell me (over and over and over again!) that you make your own luck, so, congratulations on having the talent and drive to make this possible!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is totally awesome, and you are so lucky to be in a position to be totally done at this point in the cycle, and to be able to make such a spectacular choice. My dad likes to tell me (over and over and over again!) that you make your own luck, so, congratulations on having the talent and drive to make this possible!
Thank you. I am very fortunate, humbled, and shocked to have received a scholarship offer that made this decision a no-brainer. I'm really looking forward to the opportunities the next chapter will bring.

• Love
Does anyone who has been accepted see the "Plan to Enroll" option? Trying to do that for UCLA!

This entire process is insane and here I am, insane enough to willingly partake in it :arghh:

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users