2019-2020 UCLA PRIME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! When did you submit your secondary?

I submitted my secondary in the first week of August!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II today - LM: 73.5

was wondering if 1) anybody's portal changed to reflect the II 2) anyone has gotten both the PRIME-LA email and a MD-Only interview? or is it confirmed that we have to wait til we get a PRIME decision to hear back about MD-only?

thanks and sorry if these questions were already answered!! i read the previous posts and was kind of confused tbh

My portal has not changed! I think the interviews depend but from what I understand the MD program does not make a choice until next year

beware they are serious about the headshot being a white background. i sent one with a white brick background and they wont' take it haha now i need to get dolled up to take one in my house when i already have other options

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of us who haven't gotten IIs, should we just assume we were rejected? Especially considering that the PRIME interviews are coming up really soon

anyone who interviewed yesterday - how was it? also wondering, any information on how many people they interview / accept and a timeline of decisions?

thanks!! do you remember like how many people were there? + if we hear in feb does that mean we’re p much out of the running for geffen?

They are interviewing 26 people a day so if there’s three interview days, 78 people.

Also, the prime process is actually completely separate from geffen. The admissions committees are different and they don’t know if the other has sent you an interview invite. The prime interview does not count for geffen this year, so if you haven’t been sent a geffen interview by now I’m guessing the chances are slim.

They are interviewing 26 people a day so if there’s three interview days, 78 people.

Also, the prime process is actually completely separate from geffen. The admissions committees are different and they don’t know if the other has sent you an interview invite. The prime interview does not count for geffen this year, so if you haven’t been sent a geffen interview by now I’m guessing the chances are slim.

thank you so much!! really appreciate it - has anyone heard from both geffen and PRIME?

thank you so much!! really appreciate it - has anyone heard from both geffen and PRIME?
Not me! I thought it was the same as last year actually. So I wonder why we have to wait til Feb then if interviews are over by the end of the month!

Reactions: 1 users
Quick question: So for PRIME-LA applicants are we participating in an MMI AND a traditional interview for PRIME? I'm just trying to figure out how our day is going to be structured. Thanks!

How’s everyone feeling after the PRIME days? I absolutely loved the program and am SO anxious to hear back!! But also know it’s a massive reach for me ;/

How’s everyone feeling after the PRIME days? I absolutely loved the program and am SO anxious to hear back!! But also know it’s a massive reach for me ;/

I’m honestly trying to not have any hope just so I don’t get too disappointed since there are such few spots and so many amazing applicants I met

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm super in love with the program and started tearing up when they showed the video at the end of the day. Definitely my top choice. I think not having your hopes up is a good idea. Just take it one day at a time. I can't help but get my hopes up though because UCLA PRIME and CDU/UCLA have been my only II. Hope I get accepted along with some of you here!

Anyone remember when they said we’d hear back?

To those who applied UCLA PRIME, did you also apply to Charles Drew PRIME?

I applied to CDU (rejected) but at prime day we were told to rank CDU PRIME and Westwood PRIME so I’m not totally sure how it works
To those who applied UCLA PRIME, did you also apply to Charles Drew PRIME?

I applied to CDU (rejected) but at prime day we were told to rank CDU PRIME and Westwood PRIME so I’m not totally sure how it works
What is prime day? I applied to both but only heard back from cdu prime so far (rejection pre ii).

What is prime day? I applied to both but only heard back from cdu prime so far (rejection pre ii).
Oh, referring to the PRIME interview days which have already happened. To my knowledge they have interviewed everyone who they are considering since the 3 days were back in Nov

I believe you can still be a PRIME-Drew student even if you do not interview for the CDU/UCLA 4 year MD program. But I assume that those who received interviews for CDU and PRIME are more likely to accepted for one of the PRIME-Drew spots.

Anyone remember when they said we’d hear back?

I also remember them saying February.

From Emma re: decision timeline

Thank you for your email. We are predicting mid to late February, hopefully mid but with all the committees it takes some time.

Reactions: 1 users
Is UCLA PRIME pretty shy about sending pre-ii rejections? I'm still waiting to hear back since submitting 1st week of August.

Calls started going out yesterday for Prime! Congrats to those of you accepted!

Calls started going out yesterday for Prime! Congrats to those of you accepted!

wait - how do you know? i thought that it was going to be decisions all at once? when I asked after the interview that’s what they said? not tryna doubt you just being neurotic haha

I thought they said in kritten's email mid to late Feb?

Please accept me PRIME-LA. Please don't make me have to reapply :(

I thought they said in kritten's email mid to late Feb?

Please accept me PRIME-LA. Please don't make me have to reapply :(
doctahpeppah just came in like a wrecking ball.

wait - how do you know? i thought that it was going to be decisions all at once? when I asked after the interview that’s what they said? not tryna doubt you just being neurotic haha
Sorry I didn’t mean to make you guys frantic, I just know of some people who got calls from Prime-LA yesterday.

Did everyone get that email a few weeks ago about important DGSOM and PRIME-LA dates (second look, orientation, etc)?

yup - i thought all decisions go out once so if not then that’s good for y’all!!!

Any idea what the movement is like? I assume they gave you very little info but just in case

Side note did anyone get their rejection from DGSOM today? Gave me a small heart attack... curious timing if decisions are coming out.....

yup - i thought all decisions go out once so if not then that’s good for y’all!!!

Thank you for the update. Wishing you the best for the rest of your cycle.

I think they must have decided on the first 18 that they will accept since some people have been waitlisted. If those 18 have not been notified, then it may be because they are being presented to the scholarship committee. I vaguely recall Emma and Dr. Moreno saying that they would wait until after the scholarship committee makes a decision before notifying.

Side note did anyone get their rejection from DGSOM today? Gave me a small heart attack... curious timing if decisions are coming out.....

I also received this email today. I emailed them asking if I am still eligible for PRIME-LA since the rejection letter is not clear. Also called, but went to voicemail and I didn't leave one because I figured I would just send an email.

I think they must have decided on the first 18 that they will accept since some people have been waitlisted. If those 18 have not been notified, then it may be because they are being presented to the scholarship committee. I vaguely recall Emma and Dr. Moreno saying that they would wait until after the scholarship committee makes a decision before notifying.

I also received this email today. I emailed them asking if I am still eligible for PRIME-LA since the rejection letter is not clear. Also called, but went to voicemail and I didn't leave one because I figured I would just send an email.
Yea same same update when you all can!!!!

I don’t want to be overly confident but I do feel pretty good that it’s just the regular UCLA program rejection, because the interview processes are different and we were essentially being reviewed both by DGSOM and PRIME. But I’m glad you got clarification

I don’t want to be overly confident but I do feel pretty good that it’s just the regular UCLA program rejection, because the interview processes are different and we were essentially being reviewed both by DGSOM and PRIME. But I’m glad you got clarification

I agree with you. The rejection is probably for just the regular MD program.