2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to hear that. Stay in touch with them. Hopefully, you'll get good news soon. When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?
I interviewed 3/30. So that was pretty quick. Should I send a LOI?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed 3/30. So that was pretty quick. Should I send a LOI?
I don't know when they start picking from the waitlist. Maybe wait for a week, and then send the LOI with any update you might have. It's pretty challenging to send updates during this unprecedented time.

Reactions: 1 users
So it's been a month since my last update, and I've been sending updates every month since I got waitlisted, but I'm afraid I have no more updates for them lol. Will it be annoying if I just send a "just letting you know I'm still interested" email?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
So it's been a month since my last update, and I've been sending updates every month since I got waitlisted, but I'm afraid I have no more updates for them lol. Will it be annoying if I just send a "just letting you know I'm still interested" email?

You can always send a LOI, nothing to lose at this point.

I've already sent one. Lol

At the risk of appearing desperate (but with nothing to lose if its truly your number one) if you have any physician contacts that would be willing to reach out on your behalf, especially if they know anyone with an academic affiliation to the school, Ive seen that helpful for applicants in the past. If not, good luck! And there are always the masters programs which can get you in the door.

Question for current students - On exam days (which seems 1-2/week), are there still a full day of classes? Or do you take the exam during the clicker session and also have the classes before/after?
No classes on exam days. When I was an MS 1/2 (unless things changed) exams were always on Mondays and no classes Mondays. From Fri 2pm and Sat and Sun also no classes so those were your dedicated study days.

At the risk of appearing desperate (but with nothing to lose if its truly your number one) if you have any physician contacts that would be willing to reach out on your behalf, especially if they know anyone with an academic affiliation to the school, Ive seen that helpful for applicants in the past. If not, good luck! And there are always the masters programs which can get you in the door.
Reach out and say what?

withdrew from the WL yesterday, good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew acceptance. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the clinical rotation sites are preceptor-based or ward-based? Do students have an exam every week? Are students supportive towards each other? Are the classes letter-graded? What are the board-prep materials that the school provide? Do first year students get clinical experience? Does the school use standardized patient encounters? Is the cost of diagnostic kit included in the tuition? How many simulators does the school have? I appreciate if someone could answer any of these questions.

Withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone waiting on Touro-Harlem, it seems like an amazing school.

Reactions: 5 users
Recently withdrew. Good luck everyone and stay safe!

Hi Guys, anyone taking the Summer courses that Touro is offering?

when's the second deposit due for accepted students?

Hi Guys, anyone taking the Summer courses that Touro is offering?
I was planning on it, but now it's entirely online and just a bunch of zoom meetings

Question for non-NY residents. Is anyone else worried about not being able to find apartments and move to NY because of all this craziness? After Harvard's announcement that their entire fall semester will be held remotely, I have no doubt that most medical schools will do the same, especially schools in NYC. If this is the case, what even is the point of moving to NY for that semester? I just feel very stuck right now and have no idea what to do

Question for non-NY residents. Is anyone else worried about not being able to find apartments and move to NY because of all this craziness? After Harvard's announcement that their entire fall semester will be held remotely, I have no doubt that most medical schools will do the same, especially schools in NYC. If this is the case, what even is the point of moving to NY for that semester? I just feel very stuck right now and have no idea what to do

For sure, I’m a little nervous about signing a lease in NYC because I’m afraid several weeks maybe couple months of first year maybe online.

I was planning on it, but now it's entirely online and just a bunch of zoom meetings

I am very surprised that they did not change the cost of the classes even though they will be online

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer to the Middleton campus after being accepted to the Harlem one?

Accepted off the WL! Interviewed 1/8

Reactions: 2 users
Awesome! I interviewed close to that date. Can you let us know your stats and if you sent an LOI?

no LOI. 503 mcat 3.4 undergrad cgpa, 3.7 SMP cgpa, 200 hr clinical volunteering, 50 hr shadowing, heavy osteopathic ECs and LoRs

just accepeted off WL! interviewed early march. Low MCAT/high GPA! I did send an LOI.

Do they call or email? Or both? In which order? OMG I'm so stressed bruh

Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck everyone!

FB group currently at 132 members. 11 are admin. Pretty safe to say that the class is very close to full, if not already full...

Reactions: 1 user
FB group currently at 132 members. 11 are admin. Pretty safe to say that the class is very close to full, if not already full...

What is their class size?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN