2019-2020 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an interview with a lower mcat score. Honestly if you put effort into your app and have solid experiences, a subpar mcat isn’t an automatic rejection. Have faith

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
have you already interviewed and heard back?

i interviewed 2 months ago, there are people who interviewed before I did and are still waiting to hear back unfortunately

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed in October heard back yet? Any clues as to when we might hear back?

has anyone been able to activate their account post-acceptance?

In the words of childish gambino: Sound's weird like Rejection with a hard R.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R just now. Cheers!

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R as well, complete in July. In fact, they have sent me 3 separate identical rejection emails in the last hour which feels extra great lol

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Dang I was complete in July, haven't got the R yet but did send an update letter in December.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow! I just got back from a second look visit and thought I'd post my pros/cons as I have for other schools where I interviewed/was accepted.

18 month preclinical that is pass/fail8 weeks AHEC (rural medicine but can be like ortho, nsg, anything basically)
NBME examsweekly quizzes (but not worth much so could be good to help keep you on track)
almost everything is not mandatoryreally ****ing cold
Cost of living is greatparking isn't cheap but is close to the hospitals/med school ($275/year for MS1; $350 year for MS2-4)
No mandatory community service
In-state tuition after MS1 for OOS students
8 weeks dedicated for step
integrated systems based
strong home residency programs| Toledo is building a name for itself and is well known in the area
New facilities and underground system to connect buildings
37 cadavers for 175 students
Tuesday/Thursday lab but otherwise you can stay home and stream lecture
lecture 8-12 daily with 12-1 free then lab
matches well into subspecialties and helps you do what you need to do to get there
SIM lab is AWESOME
AOA is based on clerkship grades and STEP score - preclinical grades don't factor in
grades in preclinical years are from quizzes, NBMEs, and TBL. You take the quizzes on your own laptop with examsoft downloaded. You don't have to buy a specific laptop or you can use a loaner
Research is easily accessible
Stay in Toledo for all clerkships
Free coffee
Collaborative and friendly environment - the midwest seems to have nice humans
Larger class size of 175 but people seemed to mingle and I was told it wasn't very cliquey

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow! I just got back from a second look visit and thought I'd post my pros/cons as I have for other schools where I interviewed/was accepted.

18 month preclinical that is pass/fail8 weeks AHEC (rural medicine but can be like ortho, nsg, anything basically)
NBME examsweekly quizzes (but not worth much so could be good to help keep you on track)
almost everything is not mandatoryreally ****ing cold
Cost of living is greatparking isn't cheap but is close to the hospitals/med school ($275/year for MS1; $350 year for MS2-4)
No mandatory community service
In-state tuition after MS1 for OOS students
8 weeks dedicated for step
integrated systems based
strong home residency programs| Toledo is building a name for itself and is well known in the area
New facilities and underground system to connect buildings
37 cadavers for 175 students
Tuesday/Thursday lab but otherwise you can stay home and stream lecture
lecture 8-12 daily with 12-1 free then lab
matches well into subspecialties and helps you do what you need to do to get there
SIM lab is AWESOME
AOA is based on clerkship grades and STEP score - preclinical grades don't factor in
grades in preclinical years are from quizzes, NBMEs, and TBL. You take the quizzes on your own laptop with examsoft downloaded. You don't have to buy a specific laptop or you can use a loaner
Research is easily accessible
Stay in Toledo for all clerkships
Free coffee
Collaborative and friendly environment - the midwest seems to have nice humans
Larger class size of 175 but people seemed to mingle and I was told it wasn't very cliquey

Accept me Toledo

Reactions: 3 users
?
wait what.png

Pre-II R on 1/15. OOS and complete on 10/5. Good luck to everyone still in the game!

• Sad
Tried to call admissions yesterday afternoon and this morning with no answer... might try again in a little bit?
Starting week 15 of waiting post interview

Admissions answered and said that October decisions should be released “shortly” and they are waiting on just a few recommendations from committee members.
She said she had no official timeline, but they should be in “soon”

• Haha
Medstart applicant here, still haven't heard back. They said 4-6 weeks, but it's week 7 now haha.

I'm also Medstart, haven't heard yet

When I emailed two weeks ago asking about an updated timeline they said they are waiting on a few final evaluations to come in and we will be notified as soon as possible

Admissions answered and said that October decisions should be released “shortly” and they are waiting on just a few recommendations from committee members.
She said she had no official timeline, but they should be in “soon”
“Soon” we were told 4-6 weeks

Tried to call admissions yesterday afternoon and this morning with no answer... might try again in a little bit?
Starting week 15 of waiting post interview
I feel your pain- I waited 15 weeks as well. Could be good news though. good luck!

when is interview season over for UT? i was complete early July, OOS, with strong ties to Toledo, but i haven’t heard anything from them. so my fingers have been crossed this whole time

when is interview season over for UT? i was complete early July, OOS, with strong ties to Toledo, but i haven’t heard anything from them. so my fingers have been crossed this whole time

Not sure, but you can take a look at the 2018 and 2017 University of Toledo threads to see when the last SDN person got an interview.

March 20 is their last interview day according to their calendar. I would assume more II's are yet to be sent.

March 20 is their last interview day according to their calendar. I would assume more II's are yet to be sent.

I counted 440 interview spots (20 per interview date) for their application cycle. Assuming they are like most schools who accept close to double their available seats the acceptance rate must be very favorable.

I counted 440 interview spots (20 per interview date) for their application cycle. Assuming they are like most schools who accept close to double their available seats the acceptance rate must be very favorable.
Not all interview dates are on the calendar. 9/30 and 10/15 were interview dates and not included on the calendar, so I am not sure how accurate the overall numbers would be

Pre-II rejection just now (OOS). Best of luck everyone!

Pre II rejection, good luck all!!

• Sad