2019-2020 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone reached out to see if they are still accepting people off the waitlist? Maybe I’m just getting really impatient (I am), but it’s been a long time since anyone on here has reported movement and it’s making me nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone reached out to see if they are still accepting people off the waitlist? Maybe I’m just getting really impatient (I am), but it’s been a long time since anyone on here has reported movement and it’s making me nervous.

In the same boat, I am planning on send them an email soon. Do note that COVID-19 surprised almost everyone, schools and students alike, so perhaps things move at a slower pace than usual. But I agree, the slow movement is unsettling.

In the same boat, I am planning on send them an email soon. Do note that COVID-19 surprised almost everyone, schools and students alike, so perhaps things move at a slower pace than usual. But I agree, the slow movement is unsettling.
What do you think you’ll say in your email? I tried messaging you but I think you have your messages turned off! I’m wondering if it would be reasonable to just ask if they are still accepting and if so when they expect to call people. Because I really need to figure out my living situation at this point lol

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you think you’ll say in your email? I tried messaging you but I think you have your messages turned off! I’m wondering if it would be reasonable to just ask if they are still accepting and if so when they expect to call people. Because I really need to figure out my living situation at this point lol

Just DM'd you.

FYI for anyone on the waitlist I've sent them an email and they said there has been movement recently.

Probably going to be giving up my spot here sometime next week.

Reactions: 1 users
As someone on the waitlist I am getting very impatient with the lack of communication and movement. Of course this is the year we see ZERO movement. Unreal.

Has anybody heard anything about movement recently? Or emailed to ask? I heard they have good movement every year but (only by SDN) doesn’t seem like that has happened this year

As someone on the waitlist I am getting very impatient with the lack of communication and movement. Of course this is the year we see ZERO movement. Unreal.
There is probably movement happening, as people are being added to the FB group

Has anybody heard anything about movement recently? Or emailed to ask? I heard they have good movement every year but (only by SDN) doesn’t seem like that has happened this year

There is probably movement happening, as people are being added to the FB group

I emailed them recently, and while they said "yes" when I asked if there was movement, anything beyond that (such as movement parameters) will not be informed to us. Also keep in mind that COVID-19 tends to change everyone's plans.

Not the ideal situation or response for any of us, but I am grateful that they responded to me and wish everyone the best.

For everyone waiting to hear back, just know that there hasn’t been a ton of communication in general from the school. They have a Town Hall in Monday to address questions about the fall, so I’m sure most of their time has been dedicated to figuring out how classes will be held. Hold on to your hopes!!

Just got accepted into OUHCOM - ATHENS campus!!! Worries are finally gone

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Cool. I’m hoping to get into any of them at this point but I live in Cleveland. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for the people on the waitlist. Know that they accept about 330 people for 200 spots that are fully matriculated positions. So they have a decent turn around on the acceptances they give out.

Additionally, does anyone going to OU-HCOM Cleveland need housing?

So for the people on the waitlist. Know that they accept about 330 people for 200 spots that are fully matriculated positions. So they have a decent turn around on the acceptances they give out.

Just to clarify, are you saying that they accept 330 total including pulling from the waitlist or that they accept 330 before they pull from the waitlist?

Aren’t there like 250 seats?

Just to clarify, are you saying that they accept 330 total including pulling from the waitlist or that they accept 330 before they pull from the waitlist?
Before pulling, it’s common for schools to give out more acceptances than seats

Has anyone been in touch with any administrative or admissions person with regards to the waitlist?

Has anyone been in touch with any administrative or admissions person with regards to the waitlist?

I posted earlier in this thread that I contacted admissions. They said there is movement, but as for how much movement (i.e. number of students accepted) occurred will not be disclosed to us as that info is for admissions and admissions only. Whatever that is good or bad news is for y'all to interpret.

So honestly I think the best thing to do is wait patiently. I recognize that every school runs their admissions and administrative processes differently, and that we (the hopeful docs) have deposits to pay, housing to look for, and moving plans to make, and that we're dealing with another level of uncertainty and no closure, especially with COVID-19. We can't blame anyone for the perceived lack of movement or communication.

I got the acceptance call today, couldn’t be happier! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist, know that there is movement, just slower than previous years and I hope this comes as some encouragement! Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
I got the acceptance call today, couldn’t be happier! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist, know that there is movement, just slower than previous years and I hope this comes as some encouragement! Thanks!

What campus? Congrats!!

Congratulations!

Can anyone comment on the diagnostic sets from the AMSA equipment sale? I know they said the lithium ion set was of excellent quality, but they don't say what makes it better. I'm assuming the other (and less expensive set) is also of a quality that's perfectly fine. So basically, what's better about the more expensive one, and is that step up in quality worth the price difference?
I was wondering the same thing !

Can anyone comment on the diagnostic sets from the AMSA equipment sale? I know they said the lithium ion set was of excellent quality, but they don't say what makes it better. I'm assuming the other (and less expensive set) is also of a quality that's perfectly fine. So basically, what's better about the more expensive one, and is that step up in quality worth the price difference?
My friend’s sister who is a rising third year said that the lower priced set works just fine, if that helps.

Well...seven weeks left of waitlist movement. I’d be lying if I said my anxiety hasn’t been at a 10/10 for the past month

Welp. I guess this is the last week for hope. Doubt there will be any movement after.

Sooo is all hope lost? I sent two separate emails this week and heard nothing back.

Welp. I guess this is the last week for hope. Doubt there will be any movement after.

Admitted student here, do not lose hope too soon! I have on reliable authority that movement can be as late as second week in August unless of course, they change their minds about that. But last time I heard ( which was around the ending of June), students can still get in even during orientation week. Not sure this helps but I at least wanted you to know.

No one is hearing anything back, communication is non-existent, and there have been ZERO updates to waitlisted students from the administration. I think it’s over.

No one is hearing anything back, communication is non-existent, and there have been ZERO updates to waitlisted students from the administration. I think it’s over.

I'm getting acknowledgments every time I send an update, not much, but definitely getting a response, so I don't necessarily think that it's over. I'm planning to keep up hope until orientation starts.

I just withdrew from the Cleveland campus, good luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: 2 users
Any waitlist updates? and when is orientation supposed to be this year?

So what if you get off the waitlist during orientation but the school you’re at starts classes on the 3rd?