2019-2020 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was more looking for a general idea of the large hospitals where students do their rotations, if they're in Chicago mostly or Chicago suburbs.
Swedish, Stroger, Christ and St James are the main hospitals we go to. Then there’s random out pt clinics all over the place

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected pre-II. Like many others, the email came just before 3am. Fortunately, I am already accepted to my in-state DO school, but just wanted to let everyone still hoping for an interview here to know that they are still reviewing apps for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got pre-II rejected last night, I'm so depressed now.

Also got the pre-interview rejection last night. Disappointed for sure.

Anyone heard back from the 2/6 interview? I have to put down another deposit at my accepted school on 3/1 and would really like to hear back before another $1000 goes down the drain

Anyone heard back from the 2/6 interview? I have to put down another deposit at my accepted school on 3/1 and would really like to hear back before another $1000 goes down the drain
CCOM deposit is $200. They only give you about 2 days I think for a refund if you wanna withdraw

Should I send update letters to the office of admissions?

They told us at the 2/7 interview that they review applications every four weeks so it would be a max of 4 weeks from our interview that we heard (ie. 3/6). However, the last batch of acceptances came out 1/29, so I'm hoping we'll hear 4 weeks from that date which would be tomorrow (2/26). But who knows??

If I were you I'd probably wait until 3/1 to pay my deposit because we could hear any day now

Should I send update letters to the office of admissions?

I have been telling all my friends waiting for a response to send an update email. It's added to your file and shows an interest in the school.

I submitted one 2 weeks after my interview, received a response the next day saying my file was updated, and then a call 2 hours later saying I was accepted. Whether the update did anything, I can't be sure. I talked to a med student on my interview day with a similar experience though.

Good luck!

I have been telling all my friends waiting for a response to send an update email. It's added to your file and shows an interest in the school.

I submitted one 2 weeks after my interview, received a response the next day saying my file was updated, and then a call 2 hours later saying I was accepted. Whether the update did anything, I can't be sure. I talked to a med student on my interview day with a similar experience though.

Good luck!
Thank you for letting me know. I meant update pre-II. Did you email it to them?
Also, Congratulations on your acceptance :)

Thank you for letting me know. I meant update pre-II. Did you email it to them?
Also, Congratulations on your acceptance :)
I sent them a pre-II update and received II shortly after. Emailed to the admissions office

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted today. Saw the pre-reqs on my checklist. Any advice on how to turn it into acceptance? I already sent in letter of interest pre-II. This is my top DO and would appreciate any help

Last edited:
Waitlisted today. Saw the pre-reqs on my checklist. Any advice on how to turn it into acceptance? I already sent in letter of interest pre-II. This is my top DO and would appreciate any help
Send updates letter with anything meaningful you’ve done in the interim

Accepted about an hour ago by phone and email. Interviewed 2/18.

This is my first acceptance so I'm not exactly sure how the process works. Can I just pay the deposit and not sign the matriculation agreement in order to hold my spot while I wait to hear back from other schools?

Denied, got a letter in the mail. Interviewed 2/13. IS, LM of 68-70. Hurts a little b/c I am from the area, but would probably have gone to my other DO acceptance just because of $$$$.

When do people start to hear from the waitlist typically? Is it too early to send an update if I was just waitlisted on the 26th? This is my top choice school and the only place I have interviewed so far. I don't want to be too eager but I also don't want to miss out :(

When do people start to hear from the waitlist typically? Is it too early to send an update if I was just waitlisted on the 26th? This is my top choice school and the only place I have interviewed so far. I don't want to be too eager but I also don't want to miss out :(
Based on the previous year, they start pulling from the waitlist at the beginning of May. I've also been recently waitlisted and this is my top choice. Personally, I'm waiting a bit to send an update letter

II today! Very excited to interview here!

II just now! OOS LM 65, four dates for early April

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing my application after getting an interview. I'm hoping it goes to someone who really wants it! :)

I'm sorry I'm sure this has been asked already but can anyone tell me how the interview was? Just got an II and I'm super excited! Thanks in advance, and there is still hope apparently for those still waiting!

Submitted 2/29 and somehow got an II for 4/16. Worried considering how late it is.

I submitted late too. Hoping to have an interview from them. Would love to be near Chicago.

Send a letter of intent right away. I sent mine the day after I got waitlisted. Just finished my second quarter :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got an email saying that they're cancelling all interviews through the month of April. They also said they're looking at alternatives to an in-person interview or at rescheduling for later during the cycle.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed last week here right before all this craziness. Hoping to hear back soon and be near Chicago. Best of luck to everyone

Has anyone gotten an update on what they plan to do with the interviews?

Has anyone gotten an update on what they plan to do with the interviews?
I got an email from them saying that they’ll still hold an interview on the same date as planned but will do it through a phone call and will send you an email 4-5 days before the interview date for more details

Reactions: 2 users
how did everyone receive II's? phone calls, emails, letters? do you think with this COVID19 craziness they'll still invite applicants for phone interviews?

Has anyone had a phone interview yet? Mine's coming up on April 2 and was just wondering what to expect.

Does anyone know where to locate their residency match list? I cant seem to find it :(

Has anyone had a phone interview yet? Mine's coming up on April 2 and was just wondering what to expect.
I have heard that they interview through a program called ZOOM. It seems to be a video conference, but I am sure you will get more information soon.

Waitlisted today. Received an email this morning