2019-2020 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2.9 and 514. Good luck to the applicants left standing :)
2.9s and 511 here complete in late July
Haven't heard a word :( maybe they just haven't gotten around to rejecting me yet

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted today! Interviewed 11/8. Shook at how fast they got back to me.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today through email and phone, interviewed on 10/24th!

Members don't see this ad :)
@yxyxyx @dwarfplanet Congratulations you guys!! All of the hard work has finally paid off. If you don't mind me asking/sharing, what were your stats?

Reactions: 1 user
@yxyxyx @dwarfplanet Congratulations you guys!! All of the hard work has finally paid off. If you don't mind me asking/sharing, what were your stats?

Thank you! I have a 3.65 GPA and a 508 MCAT. Funnily enough, I didn’t think this interview went as well as my others, but thankfully I was wrong!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone been receiving any interviews lately? I feel like its been forever since someone posted an interview invite.

Has anyone been receiving any interviews lately? I feel like its been forever since someone posted an interview invite.
Same!! I am still waiting to hear back about any interview, fingers crossed!

Same!! I am still waiting to hear back about any interview, fingers crossed!
Same here! Have been waiting for months now...the suspense is eating me alive :nailbiting:

Accepted, got the call and email earlier today! :clap: Interviewed 10/28

Accepted today as well! Interviewed in late October! Good luck to those hearing back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R today around 3:30 am. Best of luck to everyone!

II today at 10:30 but will be declining because I have already got in to a school I'd rather attend, complete June 4 so definitely thought I got the silent R before today

Pre-II R today around 2:30 am. I was complete 8/28 for those curious. A little disheartening as this was one of my top choice schools but I guess everything happens for a reason! Goodluck to the rest of you!

Randomly checked my portal today and had an interview. Only dates were in January.
Weird because I got an email from AZCOM, but not from here. Who knows how long it's been there! Will be declining anyways. Good luck to all of you and check your portals regularly if you haven't been!
Was complete in late August.

Interviewing on 12/6 in Downers Grove! A quick glance on other SDN threads tells me the interview would most likely be a traditional, closed file panel-like interview? Anyone have experience with what to expect for interview day?

Best of luck to everyone in the cycle!

I am interviewing on 12/6 too! On their website it says:

"When applicants come to campus for interview appointments, they join several other interviewees to meet with members of a three-person interview panel, which is selected from a volunteer group of basic scientists, current students, administrators, and clinicians."

If I am not mistaken its sort of a three on three group interview format?

I am interviewing on 12/6 too! On their website it says:

"When applicants come to campus for interview appointments, they join several other interviewees to meet with members of a three-person interview panel, which is selected from a volunteer group of basic scientists, current students, administrators, and clinicians."

If I am not mistaken its sort of a three on three group interview format?

No it’s just you being interviewed by 3 people. For me it was a 4th year student and 2 faculty members. You join other interviewees for the school tour and talking to current students.

Will decline my II. Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
This might seem like a stupid question, but just want to be on the safe side, the matriculation agreement for accepted students due on 12/15 is nonbinding right? Thanks

Have been complete since 7/15... have heard radio silence. Illinois resident, cGPA 3.72, sGPA 3.6, kinda low/average MCAT. Anyone think it's a silent rejection?

Have been complete since 7/15... have heard radio silence. Illinois resident, cGPA 3.72, sGPA 3.6, kinda low/average MCAT. Anyone think it's a silent rejection?
No. I interviewed this weekend and they said they are only 1/3 of the way through their interview season. They have a late, long interview season. Keep you head up!

No. I interviewed this weekend and they said they are only 1/3 of the way through their interview season. They have a late, long interview season. Keep you head up!
Do you know when their interview season ends?

I also highly doubt it’s a silent rejection- the director told us that they interview about 700. I never looked into whether or not they accept updates, but as long as they accept them maybe it would be a good idea to send one so they will review your file again!

I also highly doubt it’s a silent rejection- the director told us that they interview about 700. I never looked into whether or not they accept updates, but as long as they accept them maybe it would be a good idea to send one so they will review your file again!
I agree with this, they specifically said that (at least post interview) they want updates. They want students that want them. (Crazy, I know. But really.)

Accepted! Woot woot. Check your email.

Accepted this morning as well!

No news is still good news. I’m a first year. I had a pretty low MCAT score. I would recommend sending them and update letter. They interview all the way up till April. I interviewed in March, got waitlisted but got off the waitlist in June. Feel free to message me with any questions. I’ll try to respond on the weekend. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 12/13. Tough decisions to make as I have also been accepted to NYITCOM.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 12/13. Tough decisions to make as I have also been accepted to NYITCOM.
Congratulations!!!! do you mind if I ask you to share your stats? You can DM me if you feel more comfortable.

I am STILL waiting for an interview invite and have had a complete file that's been in review since 8/17/19...ugh. I'm local too so I thought that would help. what is taking sooo longgg

I am STILL waiting for an interview invite and have had a complete file that's been in review since 8/17/19...ugh. I'm local too so I thought that would help. what is taking sooo longgg
I am in the same boat, I am OOS, but I have been complete for a few months now :/

Same... been complete since 7/11

For those of you that haven’t heard back, try not to worry too much. We interview pretty late into the season. Just keep doing meaningful activities and consider sending in a LOI.
If any of you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message. I’m a 4th year and won’t sugar coat anything

For those of you that haven’t heard back, try not to worry too much. We interview pretty late into the season. Just keep doing meaningful activities and consider sending in a LOI.
If any of you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message. I’m a 4th year and won’t sugar coat anything
thank you! that's very reassuring.

Anyone know if all applicants get a letter in the mail saying you meet the criteria for their initial screen? I got one in the mail telling me to submit my secondary. Not sure what to make of it. Do all applicants get this letter in the mail?

Anyone know if all applicants get a letter in the mail saying you meet the criteria for their initial screen? I got one in the mail telling me to submit my secondary. Not sure what to make of it. Do all applicants get this letter in the mail?

I got one.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does this school take update letters?

Have there been any interview invites recently?

Is there a Facebook page for accepted students? I’m moving from FL and want to find some roommates!

okay so I'm dying for an interview here, therefore I check the portal all the time. This time when I logged in and clicked on "Interview Scheduling", it had me verify contact information- like email address, phone number, and email... Did this happen to anyone? I have been complete since November 15, so I thought all of that would be have been verified already?

Last edited:
okay so I'm dying for an interview here, therefore I check the portal all the time. This time when I logged in and clicked on "Interview Scheduling", it had me verify contact information- like email address, phone number, and email... Did this happen to anyone? I have been complete since November 15, so I thought all of that would be have been verified already?
I just logged in and got that too but no interview :(