2019-2020 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm actually in the same situation. TBH I don't really use my laptop much other than to write papers so I was wondering if I could get by with only having an iPad. I understand it may not be ideal in all circumstances, but I'm just curious about how necessary having a laptop is.
I think I’m going to get the iPad Pro. It’s expensive but seems worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does an earlier interview date increase your odds of waitlist movement? Or is it arbitrary? (I know they “say” the list is unranked) Basically, How is waitlist movement chosen.

does anyone know what the plan is for this fall? curious how midwestern is planning to handle in-person classes/anatomy, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know what the plan is for this fall? curious how midwestern is planning to handle in-person classes/anatomy, etc.
With the way things our going in the country right now I imagine it will look something like this:
B81FC6C4-115E-40BA-8F4D-9B75187465CF.gif

Does an earlier interview date increase your odds of waitlist movement? Or is it arbitrary? (I know they “say” the list is unranked) Basically, How is waitlist movement chosen.
My rationale is that the later your interview the less seats available = more refined selection process. I don't think anyone truly could tell you how your interview date could affect your waitlist position. For this school, all I know is that the list is unranked and we are essentially in the dark on our position. One rumor I've heard about schools that utilize unranked waitlists is that they try to match the credentials (MCAT scores, GPA, etc.) of the person withdrawing their acceptance to that of someone on their waitlist. However, this could simply just be a canard.

It's funny you said that because I was looking at PCOM's 2020-2021 admission requirements a few weeks ago and they had the three year rule. I ended up revisiting their site a few days ago and it changed to four years prior to matriculation. I think I'll end up reaching out to schools that I'm waitlisted at now that have three year rules and see if they're willing to make an exception. I'll keep everyone updated in case anyone else is in the same situation.
Just heard back from the MWU CCOM admissions team in regard to my inquiry about making an exception for my 4 year old MCAT score next cycle. They are holding firm and will not be making any exceptions to the three year MCAT rule. A bit surprised, but I can't be upset about it. Praying I get in off the waitlist at this great school!

Could any current students speak to whether CCOM provides us with a stethoscope during M1 or White Coat? I know many other schools do this so want to double check

Could any current students speak to whether CCOM provides us with a stethoscope during M1 or White Coat? I know many other schools do this so want to double check
Yes and yes. Honestly, you could go to Walmart to buy a stethoscope in the toy aisle, and it would be adequate for all 4 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Today’s the day!! Just got accepted from the waitlist!!! Been on there since February

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students facebook page or groupchat?

Does anybody know if they have announced any changes to the upcoming curriculum due to Corona?

Been on waitlist here since 3/31. Sent updates since being put on...hoping for that A soon!

Anyone have any idea how full the class is at this point?
So it looks like the Facebook page has 205 members, but that's kinda misleading because I'd be willing to bet that at least 10 of them are older students who joined the group to look for incoming students to be their roommates. So I think it's mostly full but there should still be some spots open

Waitlisted since May... Just wondering if I should reapply. Does anyone know if LORs can be reused if reapplying?

I’ve already sent a letter of interest/update letter right after my interview on May 12th. I also had my PI send a LOR last week. Should I even bother with another letter of interest? I don’t have anything new to share. They say the waitlist is unranked, but I’m not sure what else I can do to get that acceptance.

I’ve already sent a letter of interest/update letter right after my interview on May 12th. I also had my PI send a LOR last week. Should I even bother with another letter of interest? I don’t have anything new to share. They say the waitlist is unranked, but I’m not sure what else I can do to get that acceptance.
I’m in the same situation as you. I interviewed May 12th and sent an update letter last week. Based on the thread, they typically accept students through the first week of classes. Maybe we can send another update mid July? Idk I’m praying that waitlist movement has been slow because of the pandemic and it really picks up in June.

If you plan to enroll and attend if you’re accepted off the waitlist, then I’d submit a letter of intent stating that as well as why you believe you’re a good fit. You could also mention as an update that you did have your PI submit a LOR on your behalf also. Good luck!

If you plan to enroll and attend if you’re accepted off the waitlist, then I’d submit a letter of intent stating that as well as why you believe you’re a good fit. You could also mention as an update that you did have your PI submit a LOR on your behalf also. Good luck!

I guess I can try doing that. My biggest attraction to the school is the location. Also, can any current student tell me what the school has decided on P/F grading? Are they still doing it or have they changed their mind? It seems like many schools are switching/have switched to P/F for preclinical years.

Need some advice/thoughts. I am supposed to be in a wedding at the end of August which will be in Green Bay, WI. Is it feasible to attend a wedding while in medical school?

Need some advice/thoughts. I am supposed to be in a wedding at the end of August which will be in Green Bay, WI. Is it feasible to attend a wedding while in medical school?
Following because I have a family wedding in February. Haven’t been accepted yet but let’s keep the hope alive!

I did. And I had to fly, not drives. It takes a lot of planning ahead and pre-studying but it is doable. A con of missing a weekend with your classmates that early though is you miss the original fumbling to form study groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is the next deposit due? I submitted my $200 a while ago, is there going to be another one? I can’t find info about it.

Does anyone have any update whether classes will be online for CCOM in the fall?
I reached out to them yesterday, and I was told they are trying their best to have in-person classes, while maintaining CDC guidelines. They said a final decision hasn't been made, but we will be notified as soon as one has.

Just got the call and got pulled of the waitlist! So excited :)

Reactions: 4 users
When is the next deposit due? I submitted my $200 a while ago, is there going to be another one? I can’t find info about it.
I'm wondering this as well^^
Also, does anyone know if the matriculation agreement is binding (as in if I'm pulled off of another waitlist later is this going to be a problem)?

I got into the MA program instead of the DO. Anyone knows where I should live?

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing when you were interviewed?

Thank you!!

Yes, I interviewed back in February and was waitlisted shortly thereafter. I submitted a letter of intent and an additional letter of recommendation right after being waitlisted, which seem to have definitely paid off!

Thank you!!

Yes, I interviewed back in February and was waitlisted shortly thereafter. I submitted a letter of intent and an additional letter of recommendation right after being waitlisted, which seem to have definitely paid off!
Those things definitely did help! I'm happy to hear that they did. I did the same thing as you after being waitlisted, so I'm hoping for some good news! congrats again! that's awesome!

I'll probably sign my lease for the current school I'm going to attend in the next week or so, but I really want to hear back from CCOM soon just to get some closure and be able to weigh the pros and cons of each school. I don't know what I'm more afraid of, not being accepted off the waitlist at CCOM at all or getting an acceptance call right after I've moved out-of-state and even started classes lol

I'll probably sign my lease for the current school I'm going to attend in the next week or so, but I really want to hear back from CCOM soon just to get some closure and be able to weigh the pros and cons of each school. I don't know what I'm more afraid of, not being accepted off the waitlist at CCOM at all or getting an acceptance call right after I've moved out-of-state and even started classes lol

I feel for you. It really sucks to be stuck in limbo like this. If you do get in after signing your lease, it's okay to take that hit if you really like CCOM. A few thousand dollars right now won't really matter much in the long run.

Has the financial aid office released the "award letters" for anybody yet?

Speaking of financial aid, for those who don't have any As but are waiting on alternative list.. What have you done regarding financial aid? Have you already submitted FAFSA or are waiting to?

Speaking of financial aid, for those who don't have any As but are waiting on alternative list.. What have you done regarding financial aid? Have you already submitted FAFSA or are waiting to?
I submitted my FAFSA back in October, and I have MWU as the school I will *hopefully* attend.