2019-2020 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed at the beginning of March and never got my decision either.

also where did the 30-40 seats remaining come from?

Same here. Everyone i know who interviewed in march never got a post-interview decision

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at the beginning of March and never got my decision either.

also where did the 30-40 seats remaining come from?

One of the three interviewees I met with gave me the rough estimate on April 1st. I know they went into lockdown mode in mid-March due to COVID, so I'm guessing the wait is for those of us who have interviewed both in March and April for the most part, because they haven't met yet according to the follow-up email I received two weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think they'll tell us if they are able to meet tomorrow? Most of the state is opening up tomorrow so finger's crossed. Some schools have been telling us what date they are making all decisions and what date they are sending all the letters. I wonder if they'll do this.

Do we think they'll tell us if they are able to meet tomorrow? Most of the state is opening up tomorrow so finger's crossed. Some schools have been telling us what date they are making all decisions and what date they are sending all the letters. I wonder if they'll do this.
I really hope so! The "end of the month" is pretty vague, but also, it's pretty close to that time now, so I'm hoping to know something sooner rather than later!

This may have already been asked, but does LSU accept additional letters of recommendation? And if so, would they just be emailed?

This may have already been asked, but does LSU accept additional letters of recommendation? And if so, would they just be emailed?
I don't see why not! I think emailing is your best bet. I've been emailing my app updates, and Kimberly/Paulette from the admissions office sends me a confirmation within a few hours.

Called today and they still hadn't met and also had no plan of when they were going to meet. All she said was that they cannot do group meetings yet. She said we'll know the decision when we get the letter lol

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Called today and they still hadn't met and also had no plan of when they were going to meet. All she said was that they cannot do group meetings yet. She said we'll know the decision when we get the letter lol
Really resistant to using Zoom, eh.

Reactions: 2 users
I guess we shouldn’t hope for anything in “late May” then..

Accepted!! Just got a call from Kimberly!

Congratulations!

Were you on the waitlist before the call? Also, did you interview before COVID or the switch to virtual interviews?

I'm super excited for you! Gives us all hope that we may hear something soon-ish!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!

Were you on the waitlist before the call? Also, did you interview before COVID or the switch to virtual interviews?

I'm super excited for you! Gives us all hope that we may hear something soon-ish!
Thank you!!
I wasn’t on the waitlist. I interviewed in person at the beginning of March before COVID, so I guess they’re finally discussing those who interviewed in March & April.
Really hope y’all hear something soon!

interviewed march 16 (the first day they moved to non in-person interviews. mine was over the phone. and we never heard our decisions from after our interviews so i think this is just my post-interview decision!

Congrats everyone who got accepted today, woohoo! I hope the rest of us hear news soon too!

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone received financial aid yet? or know when we can expect to receive it?

Congrats to everyone who got good news today! So should we expect a phone call with the decision instead of a letter now? Or is it only acceptances receiving phone calls? LSU got me so confused lol

Congrats to everyone who got good news today! So should we expect a phone call with the decision instead of a letter now? Or is it only acceptances receiving phone calls? LSU got me so confused lol
Only acceptances get calls. I was reading multiple threads from previous years, and after May 1st AAMC requires schools to notify students within 24 hrs that they are accepted (Traffic Rules). Won't lie I'm bummed, as it seems like in past years if you didn't get the call you usually end up on the waitlist/rejected. This year is weird though, so hopefully it's different.

Only acceptances get calls. I was reading multiple threads from previous years, and after May 1st AAMC requires schools to notify students within 24 hrs that they are accepted (Traffic Rules). Won't lie I'm bummed, as it seems like in past years if you didn't get the call you usually end up on the waitlist/rejected. This year is weird though, so hopefully it's different.

I wouldn’t give up hope just yet! This year is definitely different from anything that’s ever happened before so all we can really do is wait :) just wish they would communicate with us a little more

Reactions: 1 users
So do you guys think that if we haven't received a call yet, we're out of luck for this cycle? I interviewed back in November and got NFA'd twice.

MFW I don't get a call from Kimberly.

tumblr_ntyqh71HXV1qdxd3q_frame1.jpg

• Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Lol I needed that laugh dude! I'm going to try calling today and see what they say about when the rest of us will hear back.
Awesome keep us updated! I need a bit of positivity rn I haven’t even gotten my initial decision yet ☹️

So I just called and they are currently having their last meeting to see who gets in this cycle. They said all decision will be made by the end of this week and letter will be sent/recieved next week. So this is still some hope for some of us NFA'd folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
So I just called and they are currently having their last meeting to see who gets in this cycle. They said all decision will be made by the end of this week and letter will be sent/recieved next week. So this is still some hope for somw of us NFA'd folks.
Dang I got sent to voicemail so I'm glad you were able to get in touch! Glad we know officially now, especially since I'm in the same boat as bcatherine, haven't been NFA'd or anything yet just silence. At least we have an official timeline.

So I just called and they are currently having their last meeting to see who gets in this cycle. They said all decision will be made by the end of this week and letter will be sent/recieved next week. So this is still some hope for somw of us NFA'd folks.
(Sigh of relief) thanks for letting us know! Sending out good vibes to everyone :)

Reactions: 6 users
Wishing everyone luck today! Big love to everyone still waiting too, no matter what happens just know we all made it this far which is pretty badass in itself.

Reactions: 7 users
If anyone gets a call today, keep us updated! I interviewed on march 18th and haven't heard anything back and am impatiently waiting..... I was accepted to Shreveport in February and want to start figuring out place to live/etc as soon as possible if I don't get into Nola

Got a call from a Louisiana area code and I answered so quickly, but it was spam. I was legit shaking o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe calls will go out tomorrow?
potentially! I don't really know how they're doing it so it may take them til tomorrow to call. Perhaps someone that called the admissions office would know better but Im assuming that they'll notify anyone accepted by the end of the day tomorrow

Just called admissions, not much of an update at all. They couldn't give me any information on the calls, just that all letters are being sent today through early next week /:
To those who were accepted, did your AMCAS update?

• Sad
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Just called admissions, not much of an update at all. They couldn't give me any information on the calls, just that all letters are being sent today through early next week /:
To those who were accepted, did your AMCAS update?
no information on the calls meaning they couldn't say when they'd be done calling? or what to expect if we are accepted? I just hate that they don't tell us more. I don't care if they can't tell me if I got in or not, I just want to be informed and know when to expect a decision

no information on the calls meaning they couldn't say when they'd be done calling? or what to expect if we are accepted? I just hate that they don't tell us more. I don't care if they can't tell me if I got in or not, I just want to be informed and know when to expect a decision
When I called they said you may or may not recieve a call confirming your admittance

Agreed, the lack of communication is driving me crazy