2019-2020 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Drexel receptive to LOIs?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted yesterday after sending an update last week! Interviewed mid march.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday after sending an update last week! Interviewed mid march.
Did you submit a LOI through your portal? I sent an update to Drexel in December, but it seems that I can send another update/LOI through the portal

Reactions: 1 user
Update did not show up in the portal. I emailed it to [email protected] since I had already uploaded one in the portal earlier in the cycle.
Did you get a confirmation when it was uploaded? or did you see it in your portal after you emailed?

Not sure if they have received mine, and I've sent a confirmation email as well.

Did you get a confirmation when it was uploaded? or did you see it in your portal after you emailed?

Not sure if they have received mine, and I've sent a confirmation email as well.

I never got any sort of confirmation it was received. Just an automated email after I sent it to them.

Update did not show up in the portal. I emailed it to [email protected] since I had already uploaded one in the portal earlier in the cycle.

I emailed them an LOI and an update previously and i didnt get a response. did you guys get a response?

I was wondering about LOI's several weeks ago and searched in this thread and the previous year's as well. Someone mentioned that Drexel does accept LOI and my pre-med advisor also recommended sending one as well.

There was a detailed post in this thread at post #800

Personally, I think an honest LOI couldn't hurt and submitted one (along with some updates) recently as I wait to hear back. I emailed them and they uploaded it to the portal.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I saw on the portal that one of the options for document type is technical standards, which wasn't there before. Does anyone else see that and know what it means?

I saw on the portal that one of the options for document type is technical standards, which wasn't there before. Does anyone else see that and know what it means?
Interesting...This is new for me too...Does this document type show up on everyone's portal?

Was accepted from the waitlist Monday but also accepted to my first choice so I forgot to post! Just withdrew my acceptance hope it goes to one of you lovely people :)

Reactions: 12 users
Was accepted from the waitlist Monday but also accepted to my first choice so I forgot to post! Just withdrew my acceptance hope it goes to one of you lovely people :)

2 As on the same day?! You need to buy a lottery ticket next year on 5/11! Congratulations!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
can i be the one to ask when you interviewed at drexel???
congrats by the way, thats amazing news to hear!!

I emailed admissions about the “technical standards” option on the portal. They said it is a document that needs to be filled out upon acceptance and to just disregard at this time. I’m wondering if it is something just proactively added on everyone’s portal or not? Any thoughts?

Reactions: 2 users
Just go a rejection email and I didn’t even submit a secondary lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I emailed admissions about the “technical standards” option on the portal. They said it is a document that needs to be filled out upon acceptance and to just disregard at this time. I’m wondering if it is something just proactively added on everyone’s portal or not? Any thoughts?
I'm on AL and I see the technical standards option on my portal as well. I wonder if it is added to everyone on AL.

I'm on AL and I see the technical standards option on my portal as well. I wonder if it is added to everyone on AL.

Are you guys seeing this when you click the drop down menu for "document type" in the "Document Upload/Status" tab? Like with the other options that include "resume/CV, update letter, transcript," etc?

Are you guys seeing this when you click the drop down menu for "document type" in the "Document Upload/Status" tab? Like with the other options that include "resume/CV, update letter, transcript," etc?
Yes! Do you see it too?

I had the technical standards option earlier today, but it is no longer there when I just checked

hey y’all I’m going to be withdrawing from the WL here soon, does anyone want my shirt? (Especially if you zoom interviewed and didn’t get one). PM me your address and I can ship it to you! It’s a size small if that helps. Best of luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Is the waitlist ranking primarily based on MCAT scores and GPA, or are there more factors that play a role in this?

for those of you that sent in updates via email, how long does it typically take for updates to show up in your portal? Its been a few days for me and it still hasnt showed up

Are any other accepted students concerned that you won't be able to send in your fingerprint and physical exam on time due to covid delays?

for those of you that sent in updates via email, how long does it typically take for updates to show up in your portal? Its been a few days for me and it still hasnt showed up
I think it took about 5-7 days after since I also had the same concern as well.

Are any other accepted students concerned that you won't be able to send in your fingerprint and physical exam on time due to covid delays?
Can't you just upload it to the portal yourself? Or does only email work?

Found something exciting for anyone planning on attending here and interested in derm! (From TH jobs site)

Attachments

• 0EC0DE87-14DD-4B5B-87FA-0A600F6885B6.jpeg
    0EC0DE87-14DD-4B5B-87FA-0A600F6885B6.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: 3 users