2019-2020 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So Drexel just emailed me and said my app is on hold. Is that a polite way of saying I'm rejected or is it different?

Members don't see this ad.

On hold today. Was complete 7/16. That was quick...

Members don't see this ad :)
The portal says my letters packet was received, but under "document status/update" but under "status" it says letters not submitted? I see that people have had this issue. Did you just email them to resolve it or will it resolve on its own?

Also, my letters packet has 5 letters... is that going to be a problem?

Reactions: 1 user
Complete 7/9. Haven’t heard a peep aside from my completion email. Looking at last year, hold emails seemed to go out in waves and there wasn’t a clear chronological pattern. Here’s to hoping we make it the next month until II’s go out without a hold email!

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if Hahnemann closing will lower avg stats at Drexel
I actually know someone on admissions and from what they said they are not lowering their standards for the upcoming cycle but rather are giving more preference to local applicants near the Philadelphia area. This is sort of new since previous years, 60-70% of their class was OOS.

I actually know someone on admissions and from what they said they are not lowering their standards for the upcoming cycle but rather are giving more preference to local applicants near the Philadelphia area. This is sort of new since previous years, 60-70% of their class was OOS.

As a caveate, I don't actually think that it's going to change their admissions all that much.

If I was in admissions, I would never outright say "we are lowering standards." Declaring low-standards isn't in the advertiser-playbook. They'll want to find any excuse to let everyone know that the sky isn't falling.

The more geographic specificity a school has, the lower it's admissions stats will be. Imagine you have a class size of 100 and that MCAT/GPA scores are evenly distributed geographically. There might only be 1 3.9/520'er per town. If you limit the amount of towns you accept applicants from, you're going to limit the amount of high-scorers you get. Claiming a newfound geographic preference is an easy way to excuse a drop in MCAT/GPA averages.

MSAR 2020 will be a good read.

Reactions: 4 users
Hmmmm... makes me wonder, as an OOS, if I should call the office and explain my ties to the state. I did not originally feel the need to disclose this information because of the ratio of IS/OOS, but if they are changing it I guess it might be important?

Got the on hold email which looks like a soft R. Good luck yall

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, Drexel was one of my acceptances (picked DUCOM over other MD options) this past cycle and I’m matriculating here in a couple weeks!

Let me know if you have any questions about my interview experience or anything! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
To everyone who has been put on hold, last cycle, I was put on hold in September, and got an interview invite in February. You aren't out of the running yet, just be patient.

Reactions: 10 users
Just received the "complete" email. Submitted my secondary last night. Let's see what happens...

Finally got the complete email this morning! I submitted the app on 7/3, so I was just waiting for my CASPer scores to come in. I took it on July 7th, so it took just over two weeks to be scored and transmitted to schools, which is faster than they said it would be.

Finally got the complete email this morning! I submitted the app on 7/3, so I was just waiting for my CASPer scores to come in. I took it on July 7th, so it took just over two weeks to be scored and transmitted to schools, which is faster than they said it would be.

Wow I’m an idiot. This is why it took a week to get marked complete

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Are all applicants placed on hold or do some receive rejections? Application has been marked complete for a while now without an update on II/R/hold.

Are all applicants placed on hold or do some receive rejections? Application has been marked complete for a while now without an update on II/R/hold.
Disclaimer: this was my observation from last year’s thread. I know nothing.

It looked like on holds mostly didn’t receive interviews, but some did. There were also people who received no “on hold” emails and then went on to receive no II. They got R’s eventually. Take it with a grain of salt. I don’t know the inner workings of adcoms.

A while? It can take months to hear back. Just gotta be patient.

A while? It can take months to hear back. Just gotta be patient.

Wasn't referring to how long it will take them! just as to whether Drexel sends out rejections throughout the process or if they keep all applicants on hold until all spots have been filled.

Wasn't referring to how long it will take them! just as to whether Drexel sends out rejections throughout the process or if they keep all applicants on hold until all spots have been filled.

Sorry for my misinterpretation. Historically they have sent out rejections throughout the process.

Just sent me an email suggesting I consider their post-bacc/SMP.

Booooyyyy if you don’t...

• Haha
Reactions: 27 users
On hold 7/25. Complete 7/11, LizzyM ~69

Last edited:
Seriously? Is your GPA far below their range of accepted or something? Your LizzyM is pretty solid!
Nope, my gpa is at their median and my MCAT is over. I feel it was just an automatic “sent to everybody” email but tbqh I’m still offended.

Reactions: 2 users
Seriously... kina offensive. It's not like we do not know these programs exist. "Hey, you think you've got what it takes to be a medical student? Why don't you try this masters program first." Hopefully this was just to get more word out about another one of their programs! When were your applications marked complete? Time to spend my evening refreshing my email.

I received a complete email on 7/9; I would not lose sleep over the masters program email - - I think it is automatic

So apparently it has nothing to do with MD applicants, its just if you selected that programs can reach out to you based on your MCAT score

I’m worried I’ll never get put on hold, have a false sense of comfort, and then just get a straight up “R” pre-II

Hahahaha I'm honestly pretty worried that I'm gonna go 0/45, so I'm there with ya lolol

Did anyone else have a problem with the Academic History and Additional Information sections? It lists them as incomplete even though those sections are not applicable to me. Should I go ahead and hit submit?

So apparently it has nothing to do with MD applicants, its just if you selected that programs can reach out to you based on your MCAT score
It said in the email "this is because you checked something when you took the MCAT" which is how I calmed my racing heart

For those that got the pre-II hold, is that really a soft R for the school? How common is this at Drexel?