2019-2020 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I havent received a rejection yet, holding out hope they'll decide to do more interviews o_O

Members don't see this ad.

I havent received a rejection yet, holding out hope they'll decide to do more interviews o_O
I talked to Mr. Willis again on Tuesday and ACOM is still waiting to get deposit amount from few accepted students and their admissions committee will wait until next to decide on possible interview dates.

Reactions: 1 user
I talked to Mr. Willis again on Tuesday and ACOM is still waiting to get deposit amount from few accepted students and their admissions committee will wait until next to decide on possible interview dates.
Accepted students get 2 weeks to deposit, which would've been today I believe since they got informed after the last interview.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm having heart palpitations. Has anyone else not gotten an interview, but also not gotten a rejection?

Has anyone been accepted today? Currently on the waitlist and hoping there’s some movement soon!

Reactions: 6 users
Any movement yet?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Just spoke to mr.willis, he said wl movement is gonna start next week apparently

Reactions: 4 users
I was told because they are working on getting the waitlist ranked by end of the week. They are expecting to take applicants off the Waitlist next week.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told because they are working on getting the waitlist ranked by end of the week. They are expecting to take applicants off the Waitlist next week.
I am told that could potential lead into one more round of interviews. Nothing guaranteed until next week.

Mr Willis told me he estimates between 15 and 25.
That doesn't look good for the waitlisted people if there's another round of interviews. Additionally, I think he mentioned last year about 40 people were taken off the waitlist.

Last edited:
That doesn't look good for the waitlisted people of there's another round of interviews. Additionally, I think he mentioned last year about 40 people were taken off the waitlist.

I believe this is more accurate. During the meeting after my online interview, they mentioned a number range between 40-45

Reactions: 3 users
I believe this is more accurate. During the meeting after my online interview, they mentioned a number range between 40-45
Hopefully that's closer to what they do.

Talked to Mr Willis this week and confirmed waitlist movement would likely start next week and continue to July with closer to 15-20 spots instead of the previously believed 40. He did say that he thought the waitlist would be finished being ranked by Friday, so hopefully we can find out our ranking this week.

Talked to Mr Willis this week and confirmed waitlist movement would likely start next week and continue to July with closer to 15-20 spots instead of the previously believed 40. He did say that he thought the waitlist would be finished being ranked by Friday, so hopefully we can find out our ranking this week.
I thought they rank us but don't tell us where we are on that rank.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought they rank us but don't tell us where we are on that rank.

A few weeks ago he said that the wait list was being structured differently this year to how it previously has been. Instead of evaluating the waitlist every week or so they are ranking it all at once. He said that since it the ranking is different this year, they were considering disclosing your rank or at which third of the list you are in.

Reactions: 3 users
A few weeks ago he said that the wait list was being structured differently this year to how it previously has been. Instead of evaluating the waitlist every week or so they are ranking it all at once. He said that since it the ranking is different this year, they were considering disclosing your rank or at which third of the list you are in.
That's a whole new level of anxiety, just to find out where you stand on the waitlist

I think that's a good idea.

Does anyone know how many people are on the list?

anyone know how good are they with the whole holistic approach thing? My mcat is 510 and SMP is 3.7 (60 credits, hard science) but my undergrad gPA is below a 3.0 (graduated 2013). Are they good with rewarding high performance in recent coursework ?

anyone know how good are they with the whole holistic approach thing? My mcat is 510 and SMP is 3.7 (60 credits, hard science) but my undergrad gPA is below a 3.0 (graduated 2013). Are they good with rewarding high performance in recent coursework ?
I know theyve accepted quite a few people who did smps

Damn if theyre only taking off like 20 people...
Some people did say they've been removing themselves from the waitlist because they've gotten acceptances elsewhere, so maybe the list is shorter than we think?

Welp seems like my chances are gone, just got an email about if I am applying again next cycle that CASPER is required

Welp seems like my chances are gone, just got an email about if I am applying again next cycle that CASPER is required
Is that really an indicator that you don't have a chance this cycle? It seemed like a mass email to me.

I got accepted with an mcat of 501 and undergrad GPA of 3.18, my graduate GPA was a 3.98 so I think they looked at that more than my undergrad. I think you would be fine applying!

Reactions: 5 users
Quick Question, I wanted to add in another LOR as a hail mary, and my boss is willing to write one now so I can add it to the waitlist application, instead of waiting to see if I need it for a new app. Would I have them email the letter to me and then I email it to Mr. Willis? Or should I have them directly email it to Mr. Willis/ admissions?

Quick Question, I wanted to add in another LOR as a hail mary, and my boss is willing to write one now so I can add it to the waitlist application, instead of waiting to see if I need it for a new app. Would I have them email the letter to me and then I email it to Mr. Willis? Or should I have them directly email it to Mr. Willis/ admissions?

I am not sure if you can directly email the schools a letter of recommendation, even if it’s coming from the recommender‘s email? Are you able to go into AACOMAS and add in another letter of recommendation for this application cycle? That way you put in the recommender’s information, they upload the letter through AACOMAS, and then you can send Mr. Willis an email letting him know you got a new rec letter and if they can please attach it to your file for review. Hope that helps!

Since it is time sensitive, I would definitely ask Mr. Willis. You might have to do both go through ACOMAS and have your boss email admissions directly. Usually if it is LOR, it should be sent directly from the writer to the school, you shouldn’t be serving as the middleman.

Since it is time sensitive, I would definitely ask Mr. Willis. You might have to do both go through ACOMAS and have your boss email admissions directly. Usually if it is LOR, it should be sent directly from the writer to the school, you shouldn’t be serving as the middleman.
Thank you! I emailed Mr. Willis and he just told me to have them email it to him since AACOMAS isn’t accepting any updates for this cycle.

I am not sure if you can directly email the schools a letter of recommendation, even if it’s coming from the recommender‘s email? Are you able to go into AACOMAS and add in another letter of recommendation for this application cycle? That way you put in the recommender’s information, they upload the letter through AACOMAS, and then you can send Mr. Willis an email letting him know you got a new rec letter and if they can please attach it to your file for review. Hope that helps!
Thank you!