2018-2019 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do any of you receiving II today live OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

FWIW there were only a handful of people at my interview and I recall this school giving out IIs pretty late in the cycle so theres still hope for people who submitted early.
How was interview day? Any insight as to what to expect? Pros/Cons?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for offering!

I've heard that Boony has a unique curriculum. Does this make it difficult to track with review materials like First Aid, Pathoma, Boards and Beyond, Zanki/Bros Decks... etc?
Hi! Sorry for the late reply, the week has been a bit hectic. The curriculum is unique and a bit difficult to understand from the outside looking in, but it has proven to be overall effective in helping us to understand and retain the information we need to know for our boards exams. My classmates and I supplement our textbooks and readings with First Aid, Boards and Beyonds, and more all the time. They actually help us better understand the material overall and how it all connects :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey so I interviewed here and loved it. With the whole flipped classroom thing, how many hours per week do you average doing mandatory activities? Also do you happen to know the average STEP score and anything about how generous they are with merit-based loans (like do you need to be a 3.8+/515+ to qualify or what). Thanks in advance! Hopefully I hear from them in a month.
We typically have class from 9-12pm M-Th and Fridays are our clinical days during which the hours vary from week to week depending on what we're doing. Outside of there's very few mandatory events. One new thing is that research is now a required part of our curriculum and as part of our first year, we are required to go to 3 research talks (1 hour lecture given by someone doing research in any particular field) and 3 research workshops. They offer multiple throughout the year though, and regardless of which ones we attend, we just have to make sure we attend 3 of each. Other than that, mandatory events are far and few between :) You get a lot of time with our curriculum, the trick is just learning how to properly manage it lol

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! Current M1 at BSOM. Let me know if you have any questions about the school and I'll do my best answer them :)
Do you know if they are intv. IS applicants first and if there many acceptances offers to OOS students? I don't have close ties to the state and wonder if I should focus on other schools I applied to for this reason.

II today! OOS, complete July 10! Interview scheduled for 1st week of Nov

Reactions: 1 users
Could someone please post the interview day schedule here? When I was scheduling it was there, but I can't access it anymore when I go back to the portal. Thanks in advance!

II!!! Completed August 8th!

This is getting real... :O

Reactions: 1 user
I'm OOS & got a II today!
Congrats. Do you have ties to Ohio, I don't so I don't know if they are going to intv/accept me because of that. Oh well, I have other options but live in KY so also want OH schools as options since they are close to home.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could anyone who has interviewed this cycle already share how the interview experience was in general at this school?

Could someone please post the interview day schedule here? When I was scheduling it was there, but I can't access it anymore when I go back to the portal. Thanks in advance!

I believe it is freely accessible on their website under md admissions -> interview day

Do you know if they are intv. IS applicants first and if there many acceptances offers to OOS students? I don't have close ties to the state and wonder if I should focus on other schools I applied to for this reason.
Our M1 class is the largest our school has ever seen (120) and 48% of our class is OOS, and many of us did not have close ties to area at all. This school is definitely OOS friendly, so def apply!

Our M1 class is the largest our school has ever seen (120) and 48% of our class is OOS, and many of us did not have close ties to area at all. This school is definitely OOS friendly, so def apply!
Dang I thought it was lower. My interview had 0 OOS but may have been because we got interviews a week before the date we scheduled so finding a flight would have probably been hard and $$$$$$$$

This may have been mentioned earlier, but how do you check if you get an II? On the Gateway Application, or is it simply through email?

This may have been mentioned earlier, but how do you check if you get an II? On the Gateway Application, or is it simply through email?

I received my II via email. After signing up for my date, I can see it in the portal. Not sure if i could have seen it there after getting the email, but before choosing a date.

Anyone complete end of August and still have silence?

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone interviewing next Tuesday looking to head toward the Dayton airport after?

Does anybody know if they are sending decisions via mail this year? The interview email says via email but last year they sent emails if you were accepted and nothing if you were rejected/WL

Accepted! Interviewed mid-September.

Reactions: 3 users
Wait, sorry if this is redundant, but my application went from MR to SS...what does that mean?

Wait, sorry if this is redundant, but my application went from MR to SS...what does that mean?
Hmmm that's interesting, i'm not sure...where on the application can you see what your status is though??

Accepted! interviewed mid-september

does anyone know if this school is receptive to ITA e-mails? - * I have not received an II

Wailisted. IS, interviewed at the end of September. Already have an acceptance from a school I prefer over this one, so good luck everyone!

Wailisted. IS, interviewed at the end of September. Already have an acceptance from a school I prefer over this one, so good luck everyone!
An IS school? I was waitlisted here too (with no acceptances currently) but the price is tempting

Accepted today, IS! First Acceptance!

Reactions: 4 users
Cool thanks, I interviewed the second week of October and haven't heard anything yet :/ But congrats again!

Well that was just last week so I would expect it to take 1-2 more weeks! Good luck to ya

Accepted today. Interviewed first week of August. IS

should we get a complete email? How do you check your status, I see nothing on the app.

This may be a stupid question, but signing the acceptance form sent in the mail isn't a binding agreement to attend Wright State, right?