2018-2019 Florida State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who are in the c/o 2023 Facebook page how long did it take for you guys to be accepted into the group? And did you have to show your acceptance letter or..?

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew my acceptance! Best of luck to the rest of you guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Silence since September... IS resident too :( Are chances of recieving an II gone at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know fsucom has no minimum mcat and they also take a holistic approach and the school is strict about applications aligning with there mission, but is there a mcat cut off? Like how low is too low?

Reactions: 1 user
I know fsucom has no minimum mcat and they also take a holistic approach and the school is strict about applications aligning with there mission, but is there a mcat cut off? Like how low is too low?

I can’t remember where i got this info but i remember seeing a range of accepted scores that began at 498. So i would guess below that is too low. But again your app would have to be extremely aligned with their mission

Reactions: 2 users
They definitely take a more holistic approach than most schools. I've heard that 500 is a cut-off, but if they think you'll be a good fit but have a low MCAT or GPA they'll recommend you for the 1-year Bridge program.

Reactions: 1 users
They definitely take a more holistic approach than most schools. I've heard that 500 is a cut-off, but if they think you'll be a good fit but have a low MCAT or GPA they'll recommend you for the 1-year Bridge program.
Do they normally only offer the program to IS applicants?

I'v read that they have accepted people with a 496 before on older threads. Take that like a grain of salt though. Hear say can turn into exaggerations very fast.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can’t remember where i got this info but i remember seeing a range of accepted scores that began at 498. So i would guess below that is too low. But again your app would have to be extremely aligned with their mission
I wouldn't count on getting in with a low mcat score, my score was around that range and I was rejected pre-interview. Granted I am out of state, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Is there a limit to the amount of updates FSU accepts pre-interview?

Is there a limit to the amount of updates FSU accepts pre-interview?
There probably isn't a limit but it's also probably not a good idea to send too many updates. I would say only send an update for major additions to your application (like improved MCAT score, new research publications, fall semester grades, etc.)

Does anyone know if they've completed sending out interviews for this cycle?

Hello! I am curious when the class page will be up and running. I am looking for potential roommates and apartments. I am a female, very clean, friendly, and looking for like-minded individuals who are ready to work hard at FSU COM but also have fun when granted the opportunity. If you have been accepted, and are also looking for a roommate please message me! Also if anyone has apartment suggestions please comment below!

Anyone know what interview dates are currently being scheduled? Are they already filling April spots or not yet?

Hello! I am curious when the class page will be up and running. I am looking for potential roommates and apartments. I am a female, very clean, friendly, and looking for like-minded individuals who are ready to work hard at FSU COM but also have fun when granted the opportunity. If you have been accepted, and are also looking for a roommate please message me! Also if anyone has apartment suggestions please comment below!

There is a class page on Facebook. I think you can search it, but if not there is a link in one of the earlier pages that someone posted on this thread.

Does anyone know if they reject people after interviews, or does everyone get put on the waitlist?

MSAR and previous SDN posts

Has anyone got a II lately? Or are they done sending them out haha

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks! Complete on November 13th

Does anyone know when accepted students can expect to hear about financial aid and scholarship awards?

Reactions: 2 users
Does FSU require your parents information on the FAFSA?
I’m not sure about here specifically, but both of the other schools I’ve been accepted to have needed it, so I suspect FSU does too.

Does anyone know when accepted students can expect to hear about financial aid and scholarship awards?
The scholarships from FSU are released when you get here in summer, and the applications will be due at the end of summer, I think. For financial aid, you can look up the cost of attendance for FSU med and that will be the maximum loans you can take out per semester.

Hope that answers your question.

The scholarships from FSU are released when you get here in summer, and the applications will be due at the end of summer, I think. For financial aid, you can look up the cost of attendance for FSU med and that will be the maximum loans you can take out per semester.

Hope that answers your question.
Definitely helped, thanks! But does that mean we won’t know if we have any scholarships awarded until after matriculation? That would kind of suck, in terms of comparing awards between schools :/

Definitely helped, thanks! But does that mean we won’t know if we have any scholarships awarded until after matriculation? That would kind of suck, in terms of comparing awards between schools :/
I may be mistaken, but when I asked the M4 that interviewed me during my interview said that they only give scholarships to those that are committing to primary care (peds, em, family med, obgyn I think what they consider). This scholarship is a full ride but if you further specialize after residency or dont go into either of those residencies you have to pay them back