2018-2019 University of Massachussetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the bright side, they're only allowed to keep us in silence for 3.5 more weeks ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait-listed just now. Don't know how to feel. Does anyone know their post wait-list acceptance rate?

+1 WL, so my 3IIs resulted in 3WLs. My current mood:

Reactions: 4 users
Are you me? Because this is my exact situation. Pure torture

It's the absolute worst kind of purgatory because the end goal is so damn close yet so far. I have personally started preparing myself mentally for a gap year and to wrestle this beast again next year, but I guess we both have to put our respective noses back to the grindstone- hang in there!

For those who just got waitlisted, when did you interview?? I am STILL in silence...

Members don't see this ad :)
+1, i will gladly take a waitlist, at least they have a decent post waitlist acceptance rate
What exactly is their post waitlist acceptance rate? I keep seeing the 50/75 stat but don't know what to make of it.

I'm with u bb - silence since November <3

Trying to hang in there but it's so hard. :( I interviewed in Jan so I am so sorry you've been waiting since November. At this point I just wanna hear something, even if it's a rejection...

Those of us waiting since before the new year, do we think rejection at this point? Do not know why they only seem to have sent a few post II R's

What exactly is their post waitlist acceptance rate? I keep seeing the 50/75 stat but don't know what to make of it.
Do you mind sharing where you saw that stat/what it signifies? I don't really know anything about UMass' waitlist movement.

Those of us waiting since before the new year, do we think rejection at this point? Do not know why they only seem to have sent a few post II R's

It could also mean they're going to straight up accept you once a spot opens? We really don't know their process. Trying to stay optimistic for all of us!

50/75 is the number of students who get off the waitlist according to MSAR.
Ah I see now, thank you very much! Perhaps the number will be higher this year because of the rule change- or it could just be wishful thinking on my part. Either way, the garden must be tended.

50/75 is the number of students who get off the waitlist according to MSAR.

Just FYI, the updated MSAR says that they waitlist 100 and accept 75 from the waitlist. A little better odds for us waitlist folk ;)

Reactions: 3 users
ReJecTed just now post-II </3

Knife in the ol gut

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find a home at another school!! When did you interview?

Still here in silence :confused: anyone else?? (kinda wanna scream)

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find a home at another school!! When did you interview?

Still here in silence :confused: anyone else?? (kinda wanna scream)

Thank you! I interviewed in November and am in state. My blood sweat and *tears* have been in Massachusetts. Prayers 4 you!

Thank you! I interviewed in November and am in state. My blood sweat and *tears* have been in Massachusetts. Prayers 4 you!

I'm sorry!!! Hopefully you can come back to MA for residency. I am also a die hard MA resident ;)

Anyone know when financial aid packages will come out?

^^^Sorry to hear about those Rs :/

When's the last time anyone posted on this thread with an acceptance? Not too optimistic for us interviewees still waiting for a decision.

Last edited:
When's the last time anyone posted on this thread with an acceptance? Not too optimistic for us interviewees still waiting for a decision.
Well they did interviews every two weeks or so right? It’s been about a week or two since the last one, so maybe we can expect something soon. It seems like most of the WLs and Rs are coming from people that interviewed months ago

Waitlisted just now! Interviewed in January... really hoping to get off this one

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted friday too after interviewing what feels like a year ago, in august hahaha

+1 on the waitlist. fingers crossed for all of us!!!

For those waitlisted or anyone who has been through this before? When do you think the most WL movement will be? Trying to plan out my life and hoping I don't have to wait until two days before orientation :confused:

For those waitlisted or anyone who has been through this before? When do you think the most WL movement will be? Trying to plan out my life and hoping I don't have to wait until two days before orientation :confused:
there is literally no way to predict

should those of us still in silence be expecting an R?
I don’t think anyone really knows at this point. I know most of the Rs and WLs have gone to people that interviewed a long time ago. I interviewed mid February, so I have no idea. None of the people that I interviewed with have heard either.

Will be withdrawing my acceptance here. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users