2018-2019 University of Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Every email notification I get is THE one. Until I see that it’s not. Hoping it comes this afternoon!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You know what, I’ll say it. This is bull****. Applicants bust their asses for years to put together a good application and show a med school they mean business. Then the med school can’t even be bothered to meet two different deadlines they themselves set.

A lot of big, serious decisions have to be made in a relatively small window of time, depending on the outcome of application. Them not giving us the decency of a semi-timely response is disrespectful.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten a waitlist or acceptance email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, now I feel bad about whining...accepted.

Looks like they sent out rejections then waitlists then acceptances

Reactions: 1 users
Did the first round of acceptances in December make a Facebook page yet?

Can't find one, but I'm also not familiar with Facebook and how to navigate it. A quick search leads me to believe they haven't yet

Dr. Baker mentioned to my interview group that there would be an option on AMCAS to essentially "verbally commit" or "sign a letter of intent" (the way she put it). I already accepted via the link provided in the acceptance email, but I can't find the option to "commit" on AMCAS. Anyone seen it/done it/know where it is on there? May be ahead of myself, might take a few days for it to show up, or it might be irrelevant due to the link in the acceptance email.

Dr. Baker mentioned to my interview group that there would be an option on AMCAS to essentially "verbally commit" or "sign a letter of intent" (the way she put it). I already accepted via the link provided in the acceptance email, but I can't find the option to "commit" on AMCAS. Anyone seen it/done it/know where it is on there? May be ahead of myself, might take a few days for it to show up, or it might be irrelevant due to the link in the acceptance email.
It's in the choose your medical school tool on your AMCAS page. You may have to wait a few days before its up tho.

There is a secret group set up by the College of Medicine. They sent us info in a separate e-mail about accessing it. I assume they’ll send it out to the new students soon. Congrats!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Feels like I'm dreaming. Congrats to those who got in, lookin forward to meeting you all! And to those who didn't, know that I was in your shoes last year and trust me I know it hurts. Work on your weaknesses, show some perseverance, and you'll make it!

Hi everyone,
I'd like to start off by saying congratulations to everyone that was accepted! I am posting on here because I am an incoming PA student at OUHSC and I am looking for a roommate(s). I'm trying to live with someone just as motivated with their studies and shares a love of medicine. I am a female and looking to live with females. If anyone is interested please feel free to message me!

Last edited:
FYI, the AMCAS choose your medical school tool is now showing up.
You only commit on the AMCAS choose your medical school tool if you're 100% set on OU right? Or do you have to do that in order to accept the OU offer and can still hold acceptances at multiple schools?

You only commit on the AMCAS choose your medical school tool if you're 100% set on OU right? Or do you have to do that in order to accept the OU offer and can still hold acceptances at multiple schools?

https://students-residents.aamc.org...icle/amcas-choosing-your-medical-school-tool/

It is not binding to a school. It is a “plan to enroll” tool, which you can change at any time between other schools that you have been accepted to before April 30. Schools cannot see which students have selected this option, they can only get numbers to anticipate how many are planning to enroll so that they may get an idea of how many seats are remaining.

You should select "plan to enroll" if it is your top choice right now so that they get aggregate numbers on this data. If not, select whatever your top choice acceptance is. By April 30th you need to have selected "plan to enroll" AND dropped all other acceptances. Then, some date in the summer (at least 3 weeks before matriculation but each school can set it whenever they want) you have to select "commit to enroll" AND drop all other waitlists

https://students-residents.aamc.org...icle/amcas-choosing-your-medical-school-tool/

It is not binding to a school. It is a “plan to enroll” tool, which you can change at any time between other schools that you have been accepted to before April 30. Schools cannot see which students have selected this option, they can only get numbers to anticipate how many are planning to enroll so that they may get an idea of how many seats are remaining.

You should select "plan to enroll" if it is your top choice right now so that they get aggregate numbers on this data. If not, select whatever your top choice acceptance is. By April 30th you need to have selected "plan to enroll" AND dropped all other acceptances. Then, some date in the summer (at least 3 weeks before matriculation but each school can set it whenever they want) you have to select "commit to enroll" AND drop all other waitlists

Thank you so much!!!

For anyone searching for a gap year/research opportunities, the Stephenson Cancer Center is currently searching for pre-medical students to serve as research interns for the 2019-2020 academic year. This is a great opportunity for people who are applying to medical school, including current wait-listed/rejected applicants. For anyone interested I have attached a flyer with more information here! Please feel free to message me if you have any questions and/or are interested!

Attachments

• Internship Flyer 2019.pdf
    211.5 KB · Views: 100
This may be a very specific question for current students, but do you know if spouses are allowed to use the student gym/pay to have access? Or is it strictly limited to students (no if's, and's or but's haha)?

This may be a very specific question for current students, but do you know if spouses are allowed to use the student gym/pay to have access? Or is it strictly limited to students (no if's, and's or but's haha)?

Unless it's changed in the past year since I was there, spouses can join for like $30 a month

Unless it's changed in the past year since I was there, spouses can join for like $30 a month
Thank you! I'm sure I'll find out more at the second visit day. Separately, just received my letter in the mail!

I know second look is on April 6th, but has anyone gotten an official invitation from the admissions team yet? RSVP’d for the event?

I know second look is on April 6th, but has anyone gotten an official invitation from the admissions team yet? RSVP’d for the event?
I thought it was on April 6th too but if you look on their website its changed to April 13th. And no I don't think anyone has received an invitation yet.

Dang, I didn’t know that. Really appreciate you letting me know!

I thought it was on April 6th too but if you look on their website its changed to April 13th. And no I don't think anyone has received an invitation yet.
Dang indeed... I'm out of state so I've already got my ticket and made reservations for that weekend of the 6th. I'm really surprised that they would change it, especially so last minute. I know that most students are in state, but given that it's less than 3 weeks from the original date, that seems to be a very last minute decision. Hopefully we'll get some clarity sooner rather than later.

Dang indeed... I'm out of state so I've already got my ticket and made reservations for that weekend of the 6th. I'm really surprised that they would change it, especially so last minute. I know that most students are in state, but given that it's less than 3 weeks from the original date, that seems to be a very last minute decision. Hopefully we'll get some clarity sooner rather than later.
Yeah I'm OOS as well, but I can still drive there. I'm sure we'll be getting more emails over the coming weeks. Sorry about your reservations tho.Hopefully you can move them?

Is second look day worth it? I live out of state and don't really feel like spending the money on flights unless I have to.

Is second look day worth it? I live out of state and don't really feel like spending the money on flights unless I have to.
Can’t imagine why it would be. On interview day the MS2’s walked me around the whole place for nearly two hours. If it was the same for you it should be plenty to make a decision

Where’s this Facebook group I heard about? I’d like to start connecting with the 2019 class ASAP, maybe hangout with any in staters during the summer or just start the gears turning in my roommate search.

Where’s this Facebook group I heard about? I’d like to start connecting with the 2019 class ASAP, maybe hangout with any in staters during the summer or just start the gears turning in my roommate search.

Yeah I'm not surprised its taking them a while since the entire cycle has been pushed back a little. I would expect we hear about the FB group in another week or so.

You'll get an e-mail about how to get invited to the FB page.