2018-2019 University of Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it worth creating a Facebook profile to join the group? Not sure how important it is

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed for OKC on 1/17. How long does it normally take to hear back? And does anyone know how many people are accepted from interviews (as opposed to the number actually matriculated).
Also, what's the interview weighted vs GPA/MCAT?
There was a post on reddit showing the estimated number of actual acceptances for schools and I believe they accept like 200 in state (160 matriculate) and they accept around 30 out of state (15 or so matriculate). I’m not sure how GPA/MCAT weigh against the interview but I was told MCAT is worth twice as much as GPA (idk if that’s helpful but uh well there it is)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at OKC on 1/6/19. OOS. Should we expect to hear back around mid February or so?

Hopeful that acceptances could go out today or tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
I believe the last interview day is this Sunday! So I doubt acceptances will be sent out today or tomorrow. But next week is very likely.

Does anyone know when their Second Look Day would be? (I'm not accepted but, just curious)

Edit: April 6th

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it worth creating a Facebook profile to join the group? Not sure how important it is
Each class (like class of 2019, 2020, so on) usually creates their own private Facebook group and it’s a pretty useful way to share information and polls about activities. It’s not required though, all the important info is sent to hour email.
-first year OU med student

The worst part is that they probably already know most if not all of our decisions, but are just sitting on it for whatever reason.

I called admissions on Friday and they said the committee is meeting today (Monday), so we should find out by the end of the week.

Reactions: 7 users
I've been waiting for two months but somehow this week is exponentially more difficult.

Reactions: 6 users
I've been waiting for two months but somehow this week is exponentially more difficult.
The tension is killing me. If they don't come out with accceptances today, then they'll totally do it tomorrow...if the acceptances won't come out tomorrow, it'll be the day after that...I need to relax and try to stress less over this.

it seems like from years past it has been around 1-4pm central time. Maybe those who have been accepted can chime in on this.

I got mine about 1pm when they sent them out in December

Hang in there folks! The wait is surely almost over. I’m guilty of being that person refreshing my email every five minutes so I can relate. You’ve waited this long, and I’m sure you can hang on a few more days, especially if it’s good news!! Wishing you all luck this week.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess on the bright side there is only 2 possible days left right? hahahah

Reactions: 2 users
Just got off the phone with the admissions office and they said that the committee met on Monday and they won’t be getting back to the applicants until the begging for if next week. This is my third year applying so this wait is getting close to killing me ugh : /

Just got off the phone with the admissions office and they said that the committee met on Monday and they won’t be getting back to the applicants until the begging for if next week. This is my third year applying so this wait is getting close to killing me ugh : /
Beginning of next week**

Beginning of next week**
Really?? Jeez... thanks for calling though. so much for their predicted turnaround time. hopefully they stick to the "beginning of next week" part and it doesn't get pushed further.

Really?? Jeez... thanks for calling though. so much for their predicted turnaround time. hopefully they stick to the "beginning of next week" part and it doesn't get pushed further.

Seems like they have had multiple pushbacks, hopefully its the last one..

Yeah no problem! I hope so too. I just wish they would email us telling us there was a delay but it is what it is and at least we can try our best to push this to the back of our heads until next week

Who wants to bet that they’ve had the decisions made for weeks already and they’re just trolling us?

Please tell me I’m not the only one constantly refreshing their emails and checking back on these forums for any news?

Reactions: 4 users