2018-2019 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m not sure because I usually use my military ID, or ride in with someone. Should we be getting an email thats its been approved?

I may be wrong, but I believe this form and clearance is only needed for civilians who don't have a military ID, so you wouldn't be getting an e-mail like this.

I haven't

Okay cool, when I had my interview I got the e-mail the day before but I was just checking to make sure I wasn't the only one who hasn't received it yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance! Kind of sad, but one step closer to making an actual final decision
Good luck to you in your endeavors! I'm sure whoever gets accepted because of your decision will be really appreciative.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call as well, super excited to join you all in the fall! Accepted Air Force! Can’t wait to meet everyone

Reactions: 5 users
looks like the AF WL is starting to really move
Auuuughh it would be super rad to get the call tomorrow so I can go to Second Look on Friday...

In case any other WL warriors were wondering the same thing, I did call and ask if waitlisted peeps would be invited at all (I know some schools invite their top few WL peeps), and was told no.

#sigh
#waitlistprobs
#callmeplz

Members don't see this ad :)
Business casual. I’m wearing a button down, slacks, black dress shoes, no tie
Oh crap I thought business attire meant a suit for some reason, is everyone else doing business casual? I brought a suit but I can just dress it down if the consensus is business casual.

Oh crap I thought business attire meant a suit for some reason, is everyone else doing business casual? I brought a suit but I can just dress it down if the consensus is business casual.
That was the assumption I was under as well, but I'm bringing both just in case!

Just go for the classic suit with a turtle neck. Very business casual with swag sprinkled on top

Reactions: 1 users
Waiver for USUHS is still pending, does anyone know how long this process generally takes?

Waiver for USUHS is still pending, does anyone know how long this process generally takes?
Mine took about a month, but I’m already in the military.

Unrelated, anyone else pondering when/whether to send an LOI?

Mine took about a month, but I’m already in the military.

Unrelated, anyone else pondering when/whether to send an LOI?

What branch out of curiosity? I actually did send an LOI and while correlation does equal causality I got my phone call later that week

Hahaha at least you got to go to 2nd look. Tickets from anchorage to dc were too expensive last second. Doesn’t the navy have a dozen dress uniforms too?

Hahaha at least you got to go to 2nd look. Tickets from anchorage to dc were too expensive last second. Doesn’t the navy have a dozen dress uniforms too?

Yes, we have a lot of uniforms. I had to drop $2000 to upgrade to officer uniforms. Second look was nice. They showed a really cool 90 minute movie during the tour (I didn't go since I'm stationed at USUHS and have been to WR a bunch of times), lunch was good, and they let us just kind of wander around during the break so I got to pick my uniforms up from the tailor and then show my wife and dad around campus. Also I got to see a few buddies who are M1s now, and I joined the Dermatones, an a capella group the school has haha.

active duty? did you apply to HPSP too? i know Mr. Kush said he would reach out to his contacts at USUHS to see what the odds are of getting off the WL since you have to decide by the 15th if you know want HPSP or USUHS
I’m not applying HPSP. I’m all in on USUHS, but they’ve gotta call me first...

I read somewhere previously that some people received an email from Dr. Saguil about having a good chance of coming off the waitlist. Is this something he did/still does?

did you only apply to USUHS this cycle or just withdraw from every other school after you got WL'd?
I have civilian acceptances, but if I don’t get into USUHS and end up at one of those schools, I will not be pursuing HPSP. I will probably look at active duty or reserve positions after residency in that case.

Hey everyone, it was great meeting future classmates at second look and hearing all of your stories. My girlfriend and I signed a lease for a place while at second look and I had a question for anyone who lives in the DC/Maryland Area.

Currently I have a truck and the girlfriend has a car. Seeing all of the available public transport and the horrendous drivers in DC (no offense), my girlfriend is thinking about selling the car and just relying on public transport once we move to DC. She was wondering how easy would this be and what would be some challenges she might face. We will be living in Rockville next to the shady grove metro. Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Hey everyone, it was great meeting future classmates at second look and hearing all of your stories. My girlfriend and I signed a lease for a place while at second look and I had a question for anyone who lives in the DC/Maryland Area.

Currently I have a truck and the girlfriend has a car. Seeing all of the available public transport and the horrendous drivers in DC (no offense), my girlfriend is thinking about selling the car and just relying on public transport once we move to DC. She was wondering how easy would this be and what would be some challenges she might face. We will be living in Rockville next to the shady grove metro. Any and all feedback is appreciated!
Depends on where she wants to work... a mile walk to the metro in gross weather will get old. But if her place of work and your apartment are really close to metro stations, it’s definitely doable to just have 1 car.

Some people hate the metro and some love it. I really enjoy how easy it is, but sometimes it’s crowded. It doesn’t bother me a whole lot. Metro rides are a good time to listen to music and zone out or read a book.

Hey All,

I interviewed in October and was placed on the primary WL in November and would love to attend USUHS. I am planning on writing a letter of intent today and wanted to ask those of you that have already done so to whom you addressed the letter? Did you send it to Col. Saguil, or Mrs. Stearman, the director of admissions? Hopefully some movement starts happening soon!! Thanks!

Hey All,

I interviewed in October and was placed on the primary WL in November and would love to attend USUHS. I am planning on writing a letter of intent today and wanted to ask those of you that have already done so to whom you addressed the letter? Did you send it to Col. Saguil, or Mrs. Stearman, the director of admissions? Hopefully some movement starts happening soon!! Thanks!

I sent my directly to Col Saguil.

Hey All,

I addressed it to the “dean or director of admissions”

I wish I could write a letter of intent, but being this is the only school in my wheelhouse at the moment, it's a moot point. Along those lines though, is it too late to write an update letter to improve your standing or has that ship sailed? If I do write an update letter, who would I address it to, Col. Saguil or the dean/director of admissions? Thanks for any help, hoping to get out of purgatory soon.

I wish I could write a letter of intent, but being this is the only school in my wheelhouse at the moment, it's a moot point. Along those lines though, is it too late to write an update letter to improve your standing or has that ship sailed? If I do write an update letter, who would I address it to, Col. Saguil or the dean/director of admissions? Thanks for any help, hoping to get out of purgatory soon.
Shoot your shot! I’d do as @areyouadoctayet recommended and address it to the Dean and the Admissions Committee.

I’m hoping to get a happy phone call soon, too. Hang in there.

Any waitlist warriors get an email from Dr. Saguil talking about anticipated waitlist movement? Good news coming soon for us!

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe check your spam or promotions emails?

Yeah did that. I was placed on hold and then waitlisted in March so I'm assuming I'm near the bottom of the waitlist. Maybe the email was only sent to those in the top half of the waitlist or something. Nonetheless, really hoping for a lot of waitlist movement!

Yeah did that. I was placed on hold and then waitlisted in March so I'm assuming I'm near the bottom of the waitlist. Maybe the email was only sent to those in the top half of the waitlist or something. Nonetheless, really hoping for a lot of waitlist movement!

I was also placed on hold and waitlisted in March. So I think ur right because I also did not receive any email.

Definitely doable. The metro leaves pretty early from that station so you should have no problem getting to class on time. When I was in the area USUHS would be able to give you a metro card with money on it that reloads every month which helps keep costs down.

Reactions: 1 users
I was also placed on hold and waitlisted in March. So I think ur right because I also did not receive any email.
I also went from hold to waitlist. I wonder if we are included on the main waitlist that supposedly gets exhausted every year. I’m kind of confused about this process to be honest.

Last edited:
I also went from hold to waitlist. I wonder if we are included on the main waitlist that supposedly gets exquisites every year. I’m kind of confused about this process to be honest.

What do you mean by exquisites in this context haha?

Lol typo. It’s fixed. I meant exhausted

Yeah so what I’m thinking is theres a main waitlist.. that gets mostly exhausted every year.. then theres us.. the previously-on-hold-waitlist. We don’t get contacted until they’ve exhausted the appropriate branch’s main waitlist. Thats my theory anyway

What branch are you seeking if I may ask?