2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I have seen, if you interviewed you were either accepted or placed on HPWL. Does anyone know if there is much movement from the HPWL? I assume that will not happen until after April 30 when everyone has decided their final school for AMCAS. Can anyone comment on waitlist movement? thanks
Congrats to those accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

From past threads, it seems like there isn't a lot of movement until people have to decide on one school.

Looks like most of the people who heard back today got accepted (judging by SDN). Guess they didn't like my interview :(

Could anyone who has been accepted PM me with second look details please?

Accepted today and trying to see if I can RSVP and drive up for it tomorrow lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Let go of my acceptance today! Good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
It was really nice of you to do it before the deadline. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed March 27, got the acceptance call a little over an hour ago. Top choice!!! Thanks to everyone on this thread I’ve silently relied on for support!

Portal and amcas account both have not updated yet, not sure if they’ll update today. Anyone know when to expect the update?
Same here, no portal update yet!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone remember when Dr. Callahan said we could see the update? I think she said in a day or two but I might be wrong.

Will be withdrawing from the high priority waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Official acceptance email sent today. Portal updated as well. How do I give the deposit?

Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone here I can reach out to regarding their financial aid packages at Jeff? I'm on the HPWL and would like an idea of my potential COA at Jeff especially since I've been accepted elsewhere now

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone here I can reach out to regarding their financial aid packages at Jeff? I'm on the HPWL and would like an idea of my potential COA at Jeff especially since I've been accepted elsewhere now

Same!!

+1, my aid here was a lot worse than another school's and they would not budge

I've always heard med school described as a seller's market. They have other equally qualified students who would we willing to attend with the same amount of aid so they have no incentive to bump it up. Good luck at your chosen med school!!

If people from the waitlist receive an offer, how long do they typically have to accept it?

What's the general consensus on living in Martin Hall? I'm moving from pretty far and don't own any furniture so I was thinking it might be a decent stop-gap for M1, but I haven't heard of anyone planning on living there yet

For those accepted, I paid my deposit and put in my social. What is the next steps, do you get an email or something?

For those of us on the HPWL - can someone who went to second look give highlights from the day? General feeling, fun facts, etc...?

Reactions: 3 users
So excited to be joining many of you next year! I was accepted the day before second look and so didn't get to go. Is there an accepted students FB page or something? I'd love to soak up as much info as possible!

So excited to be joining many of you next year! I was accepted the day before second look and so didn't get to go. Is there an accepted students FB page or something? I'd love to soak up as much info as possible!

Congrats! If you check the "accepted students" page on the Jeff website and scroll to the bottom, there are instructions on how to join it

Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted into medical school. For those of you who choose to attend Jeff, if you end up half as happy as my son, you will will have an incredible experience. Even though he had a couple of "dream schools", as he said after being at Jeff for less than two months, "I wouldn't trade being here for anything." The best to all of you as you embark on your great careers.

Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted into medical school. For those of you who choose to attend Jeff, if you end up half as happy as my son, you will will have an incredible experience. Even though he had a couple of "dream schools", as he said after being at Jeff for less than two months, "I wouldn't trade being here for anything." The best to all of you as you embark on your great careers.

Couldnt agree more! Love it here

Does anyone know if Microsoft Office is provided or discounted for students?

Does anyone know if Microsoft Office is provided or discounted for students?

As far as I know, it was originally provided, but half way through the year they cancelled it and it angered alot of students. Not sure if this response caused them to give it back or not

As far as I know, it was originally provided, but half way through the year they cancelled it and it angered alot of students. Not sure if this response caused them to give it back or not

Thats a bummer but thank you for the response

Do we know if some people on the HPWL will hear back today?

Do we know if some people on the HPWL will hear back today?
Keep in mind this year has new aamc rules about how to handle acceptances and what not so how schools conduct themselves is gonna be totally different than years prior

put on the HPWL and submitted a letter of intent back in March. From Philly and Jeff is my hands number 1.

Any thoughts if waitlist starts moving immediately tomorrow, or if it’ll take a few weeks?

put on the HPWL and submitted a letter of intent back in March. From Philly and Jeff is my hands number 1.

Any thoughts if waitlist starts moving immediately tomorrow, or if it’ll take a few weeks?
My family friend got in on May 1st, but that was a number of years ago, can't imagine it'll be too different though-- even with the aamc changes.

Phone call earlier today.

Accepted off “Top Priority Waitlist”

Best of luck everyone else.

Reactions: 6 users
Do we think there will be more this week or will we have to wait until next Wednesday?

Do we think there will be more this week or will we have to wait until next Wednesday?

According to last years thread, seems like people got accepted on the 2nd, 3rd, and maybe up until the 7th?

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!

I didn't know that there was a "top priority" waitlist. I thought it was called "high priority".

I didn't know that there was a "top priority" waitlist. I thought it was called "high priority".
Think it’s the same thing

I just used the wrong name. Haha