2018-2019 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they meeting up today?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone,

I was complete 10/19 but still haven't heard anything. Can anyone comment if my app is not competitive enough?

uGPA: 3.5 sGPA: 3.2
MCAT: 506

Shadowed, Scribed, EMT'ed, medical mission trip, and did undergrad research w/ poster presentation.
Currently doing a Masters program in biomedical sciences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/29 and haven't heard back.

I have interview 11/6 and haven’t heard back. I am estimating within this week or next latest. As for people of 11/29, I wouldn’t expect anything until January.

Any updates here? Starting to believe that they're interviewing for waitlist!!! I heard they will meet next Friday. I hope we hear some good news.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out? Did they call you or emailed? Thanks

I haven't heard anything either. Submitted around 1st of October. I probably don't have much of a chance as an OOS student though.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything either. Submitted around 1st of December. I probably don't have much of a chance as an OOS student though.
I believe it's too early for you to say that. I met many OOS students on my interview day. You do have a chance!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what laptop rowan provides to its students?

Did you get an II? I cannot PM you sorry there is an error

Has anyone talked to admissions recently? (interviewed 11/6..was told we'd hear 12/7 or 12/21)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone talked to admissions recently? (interviewed 11/6..was told we'd hear 12/7 or 12/21)
I heard they had a meeting today... I hope we hear something before xmas! The anxiety is killing me

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys. I submitted my secondary about a month ago and I checked my student portal today and it says my LOR are incomplete even though all 4 have been received.

How long does it take to be completed?

I tried to call today, but no one answered. I probably won't be able to call again until after the first of the year. I was just curious as to why my LOR aren't listed as complete even though all 4 fit the criteria (2 science faculty, 1 internship preceptor & 1 physician).

Hey guys. I submitted my secondary about a month ago and I checked my student portal today and it says my LOR are incomplete even though all 4 have been received.

How long does it take to be completed?

I tried to call today, but no one answered. I probably won't be able to call again until after the first of the year. I was just curious as to why my LOR aren't listed as complete even though all 4 fit the criteria (2 science faculty, 1 internship preceptor & 1 physician).

I had the same issue. I sent them an email, and they fixed it pretty quickly. Your application is probably complete and it’s just a technical problem with the portal.

Is this true?
I tried to PM you, but I think it's blocked. I'm not sure if it's true, but I had this feeling when I was there. I was waitlisted today too, and I called them to find out more, but I guess from now we just have to wait. You can PM if you want.

Usually in the past few years, once the class was full, they started placing applicants in two categories post interview: on hold or waitlisted. On hold meant that you were accepted and if a seat opened up, you will be given a seat for the year you applied for. If a seat did not open up, you will be offered a seat for next year's class without having to apply again. Waitlisted meant that, after the entire hold list was exhausted, they will start pulling applicants from that category and it not a guaranteed acceptance unlike the hold list category. Last year the class got filled by end of December..

Usually in the past few years, once the class was full, they started placing applicants in two categories post interview: on hold or waitlisted. On hold meant that you were accepted and if a seat opened up, you will be given a seat for the year you applied for. If a seat did not open up, you will be offered a seat for next year's class without having to apply again. Waitlisted meant that, after the entire hold list was exhausted, they will start pulling applicants from that category and it not a guaranteed acceptance unlike the hold list category. Last year the class got filled by end of December..

Apparently there is no hold list this year, just a waitlist.

Do you think they'll tell me where on the waitlist I am? Debating if I should call them

Do you think they'll tell me where on the waitlist I am? Debating if I should call them
they usually do, last year they gave percentile. Not sure if they would do it this early but last spring they were doing it

Also, does anyone know when classes start? I know it says on the waitlist letter Aug 2019, but I could have sworn they said they would start the program earlier because of the new curriculum.

there is a calendar out, it says 7/22 but the date for white coat ceremony is still TBD

If they filled their seats already, does that mean their interview invitations are going to be significantly slowed down? :(

does anyone know when they start pulling from waitlist? Anyone willing to call and ask?

Were you able to call and ask? If so, let me know because I have been thinking of calling also.

Received an II this past Friday, will be giving it up however

For people on the hold list and wait list:

I was admitted into Rowan during the 2017-2018 application cycle but was placed onto the HL - which tbh worked out incredibly well and for the best. I remember getting placed onto the HL and reading people's posts about how getting deferred another year was a great experience for them. I was skeptical at first, but I couldn't be happier. Do not lose hope if you are on the HL, it's a win-win situation! You'll find out your rank probably sometime in April/May so quit stressing about it and enjoy the time you have.

For the 2016-2017 application cycle, I was wait listed - I applied very late but maintained a solid rank within the waitlist. Admissions informed me in years past that people in my position would be pulled off the wait list. However, the wait list was not touched that year, the year after, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened this cycle. It appears Rowan had a lot of stellar candidates last application cycle, a good chunk of which who were deferred - meaning there will be less seats for the class of 2023. This post is not to discourage you but to advise you that if you are on the WL, DO NOT sit around waiting for Rowan because there is a decent chance they will not get to you. If you find you are WL and really want to go to Rowan, seek out admissions or be real with yourself and learn how you can improve your application.

Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

Complete since 8/04. lizzy m with 66. Nothing yet

I was admitted into Rowan during the 2017-2018 application cycle but was placed onto the HL - which tbh worked out incredibly well and for the best. I remember getting placed onto the HL and reading people's posts about how getting deferred another year was a great experience for them. I was skeptical at first, but I couldn't be happier. Do not lose hope if you are on the HL, it's a win-win situation! You'll find out your rank probably sometime in April/May so quit stressing about it and enjoy the time you have.

For the 2016-2017 application cycle, I was wait listed - I applied very late but maintained a solid rank within the waitlist. Admissions informed me in years past that people in my position would be pulled off the wait list. However, the wait list was not touched that year, the year after, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened this cycle. It appears Rowan had a lot of stellar candidates last application cycle, a good chunk of which who were deferred - meaning there will be less seats for the class of 2023. This post is not to discourage you but to advise you that if you are on the WL, DO NOT sit around waiting for Rowan because there is a decent chance they will not get to you. If you find you are WL and really want to go to Rowan, seek out admissions or be real with yourself and learn how you can improve your application.

With the fact that there is no hold list this year and just one big waitlist, do you think there is going to be movement off the waitlist?

With the fact that there is no hold list this year and just one big waitlist, do you think there is going to be movement off the waitlist?
There has to be since everyone who is offered a seat and accepts it, can still be waiting for other schools and will decline when accepted elsewhere

Reactions: 1 users

Hey Underdog1234567! This isn't actually true! The wait list is the only list that Rowan SOM pulls from now, in the past Rowan SOM had a hold list and a wait list but this was removed some time ago (perhaps the year that you got in).
Right now the Rowan SOM 2018-2019 application, there is only a wait list, and students are ranked and then pulled off the wait list to begin filling up the seats for the upcoming year. If a prospective student is on the wait list then there is a good chance they may still get in, and if they have any questions about their ranking or odds then they should call the admissions office. The admissions office has been really transparent with the students and gives really good advice. They helped me so much and now I'm a student here!!

There's no hold list this year, only a wait list, so the movement will be good, and if you were wait listed you should call the admissions office and talk them about your waitlist rank and odds of getting in for the upcoming matriculation cycle. I called and they were very helpful, and no I am an accepted Rowan SOM Medical student!

Yes definitely! You should call the admissions office and see about the wait list and they will help you figure out where you stand and how likely you will be pulled. Since there is no hold list and only a wait list, this list has a lot of movement on it!