2018-2019 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
verified 5/24. Maryland resident.

undergrad: cGPA 3.19/sGPA 2.95
graduate (40 credits): cGPA 4.0/sGPA 4.0
overall: cGPA 3.39/sGPA 3.28

MCAT: 508 (126/124/129/129)

Got the secondary yesterday!

Do you suggest submitting it ASAP, even if my top choice doesn’t start sending out secondaries until August? I don’t want to have an acceptance to Rowan long before the other school (solely bc I don’t have the extra $$ to pay multiple deposits to hold seats)

Members don't see this ad :)

Do you suggest submitting it ASAP, even if my top choice doesn’t start sending out secondaries until August? I don’t want to have an acceptance to Rowan long before the other school (solely bc I don’t have the extra $$ to pay multiple deposits to hold seats)

Congrats! When were you verified btw??

Deposit to hold your spot this past cycle was $195. Very low compared to schools like Touro and NYIT. Good Luck

Deposit to hold your spot this past cycle was $195. Very low compared to schools like Touro and NYIT. Good Luck
Oh thank you so much for the help! I finished writing my essays yesterday and will submit tonight after reviewing them again!

Oh thank you so much for the help! I finished writing my essays yesterday and will submit tonight after reviewing them again!
Best of Luck. If accepted, you should really consider Rowan. Teaching hospital next to campus, now affiliated with Philadelphia's Thomas Jefferson Health System and one of the top DO schools for NIH research grants. Two tracts of study available as well, traditional and Problem Based Learning (PBL) plus in-house residencies in selected specialties.

Anyone know when secondaries finally gonna be sent out?? I see one person got it already. Last year this school already started sending them on June 15.

Anyone know when secondaries finally gonna be sent out?? I see one person got it already. Last year this school already started sending them on June 15.
also haven't gotten a secondary.... wondering if its a silent screen

also haven't gotten a secondary.... wondering if its a silent screen
They dont do silent rejections, its only been a few days since schools got primarys, you’ll get it soon! Dw

No secondary yet for me either...patiently waiting

Reactions: 1 users
have only in-state students gotten secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received! Out of state applicant

For the 4th question do we need to explain why or literally just state "family medicine" etc.?

Based on the word count, I figured they wanted a brief explanation-
Yeah at first I just listed it but then saw the word count and I was like hmmm. It's weird to me that they wouldn't just say please explain instead of "identify"

What does everyone think of PBL? What are the pros and cons?

secondary received and submitted! OOS (Maryland)

Second Secondary Received and Submitted (6/26, 6/28)
GPA ~3.9, MCAT 505
Best of Luck, Everyone!!

How much does this school favor in state students? I didn't think there was a lot of in-state preference but that's what I've been hearing

Did question 12 on the additional info page save for you? Can you check your submitted app and see?

Question 12 only saved for me if I pressed "save;" however, once I left the page, it changed to blank. I contacted Admissions via e-mail (as I assumed it would be easier to explain the glitch in written words), but if I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning, I'll call instead. Did anyone who already submitted the secondary app have the same issue?

Question 12 only saved for me if I pressed "save;" however, once I left the page, it changed to blank. I contacted Admissions via e-mail (as I assumed it would be easier to explain the glitch in written words), but if I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning, I'll call instead. Did anyone who already submitted the secondary app have the same issue?

Received a response from RowanSOM Admissions. There is a glitch, and IT is in the process of fixing it.

Does anyone know how strictly they take their behavioral science requirement?

I am wondering how competitive their stats are for people that are not from the east coast.

Hey everyone! How close to the 750 word limit are you? Im around 500 for both essays. I think shorter might be better but at the same time don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Hey everyone! How close to the 750 word limit are you? Im around 500 for both essays. I think shorter might be better but at the same time don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Definitely go with quality over quantity!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

One of my essays is 500 words, the other 200...I hope these are not too short but I feel like I got my point across

Just called Rowan. They said it may take a few weeks for letters of rec to get uploaded and app to be complete. Just in case anyone was wondering :)

For any of you with fee waiver, they may not email you back letting you know that they processed it so just make sure to click into it and then it will refresh saying it was complete!

How close to the 1,000 word limit is everyone for both essays?

How close to the 1,000 word limit is everyone for both essays?

I actually had a lot to say for each essay question apparently lol. Main reason though is because I have several different kinds of personal connections to the school. For osteopathic question, I also had a lot to say about the philosophy since my future career plans revolve over preventive care.

EDIT: Oh but yeah I got really close to 1000.

I submitted my primary weeks ago and haven’t heard anything from Rowan yet. I’ve received and submitted secondaries to all other DO schools I applied to. Should I call them or have others still not received secondaries?

Are anybody's LORs "incomplete" in the portal, but processed and received by AACOMAS?

I submitted my primary weeks ago and haven’t heard anything from Rowan yet. I’ve received and submitted secondaries to all other DO schools I applied to. Should I call them or have others still not received secondaries?

I received the secondary 6/26, submitted 6/27, and was complete same day.

I submitted my primary late May!

Are anybody's LORs "incomplete" in the portal, but processed and received by AACOMAS?
It took a few days once I completed the secondary for the Adcom to update the portal and mark my file as complete. My LORs were into AACOMAS mid-May.

is it bad that im at around 530 words and i dont think i have much else to say? idk 1000 feels like so much where i could summarize it pretty concisely

is it bad that im at around 530 words and i dont think i have much else to say? idk 1000 feels like so much where i could summarize it pretty concisely

Im about 600 words and 500 for both also. I think it is fine. Quality > quantity. I doubt the admissions committee wants to read 1000 word essays for every applicant.

Im about 600 words and 500 for both also. I think it is fine. Quality > quantity. I doubt the admissions committee wants to read 1000 word essays for every applicant.
I thought that too. i just hope they dont take it as like he barely made it half way he clearly doesnt care ... ect

I thought that too. i just hope they dont take it as like he barely made it half way he clearly doesnt care ... ect
I just don't get how you can write 1000 words and not ramble about something or be too wordy. This word count is the most I have had out of 25 applications to other DO schools