2018-2019 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh perfect, thanks! Does each applicant only have one interview or are there multiple? Sorry if this information can be found elsewhere..
You’ll have one interview either with 1 or two faculty members. Very conversational. Be yourself, smile, and have fun!! You will do amazing I promise you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed on 9/25 and was accepted on 10/5. Very excited to begin the school year. Good luck to everyone applying!
When you look at the admissions offer on the portal, does it say will enroll in August 2018 on the check mark on the bottom of the page? It says that for me and I'm freaking out if there has been a mistake.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you look at the admissions offer on the portal, does it say will enroll in August 2018 on the check mark on the bottom of the page? It says that for me and I'm freaking out if there has been a mistake.
If you have any concerns, I would just call the admissions office and ask them specifically. They are really nice and don’t mind answering questions. I don’t believe mine said enroll in August 2018 though.

Hi all. Im a current first year here at SOM. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! Congrats on those of you who have interviewed! If you havent heard back yet don't worry! Last application cycle, apparently they accepted someone a week before classes.

For those of you who received the acceptance packet, are we supposed to list the classes we are taking this current year or last year's classes? It says "past academic year" so I'm slightly confused lol... I graduated last year so I'm currently not taking any classes

Hi all. Im a current first year here at SOM. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! Congrats on those of you who have interviewed! If you havent heard back yet don't worry! Last application cycle, apparently they accepted someone a week before classes.
Tryna message you, but I can't :( you need to enable PM

Anybody who sent thank you notes to their interviewer(s) - did you email them directly or upload something to the portal?

Anybody who sent thank you notes to their interviewer(s) - did you email them directly or upload something to the portal?
On your interview day you are given a folder containing the 2017 match report and a list with all the names of the interviewers, their e-mail address, and a brief biography on each person. While I don't know if students regularly send thank you letters, the e-mail is provided for you to do so! Just make sure to remember your interviewer's name lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if theres an official ranking for DO schools anywhere?

Tryna message you, but I can't :( you need to enable PM

Give it a try now!

Edit: PSA to everyone: chill on interview day! theyre genuinely sincere. just prep for it and youll be fine. they think youre awesome; theyre just confirming :).

Last edited:
Hi guys! I've been complete here since August, but I still haven't heard anything back. I've had other interviews, so it's not like I'm a bad candidate, but I'd really love to have an opportunity to interview here. Does anyone know if they do silent rejections, or how to encourage an interview? I'd really appreciate any input!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I've been complete here since August, but I still haven't heard anything back. I've had other interviews, so it's not like I'm a bad candidate, but I'd really love to have an opportunity to interview here. Does anyone know if they do silent rejections, or how to encourage an interview? I'd really appreciate any input!

they dont do silent rejections from what ive heard. even though you were complete in august its still only november (with thanksgiving coming up). just continue to be patient :).

How long does it take to hear back after an interview? I interviewed 2 weeks ago but have not heard back. Should I look for an email or letter in the mail?

How long does it take to hear back after an interview? I interviewed 2 weeks ago but have not heard back. Should I look for an email or letter in the mail?

I would wait, you can hear back in exactly a month, if you don’t then I’d contact them.

They told me that they would announce results on this Friday, but I didn't receive anything so I'm a bit confused. Especially because I thought the interview went well and the interviewer said that with my extracurriculars and scores that they should be trying to convince me to go there. I sent an LOI today though, just to be safe, but I'm super worried now that I won't get in here or anywhere else. I also really liked the people I met there and how friendly everyone seemed to be.

They told me that they would announce results on this Friday, but I didn't receive anything so I'm a bit confused. Especially because I thought the interview went well and the interviewer said that with my extracurriculars and scores that they should be trying to convince me to go there. I sent an LOI today though, just to be safe, but I'm super worried now that I won't get in here or anywhere else. I also really liked the people I met there and how friendly everyone seemed to be.

When did you interview?

Interviewed 10-16, accepted 11-5. It really all depends on when the person who interviewed you presents your file to the committee. I know it's nerve racking but just sit tight and keep waiting until the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, or even a few days after that since I didn't get a phone call until Monday.

Can someone speak to how the residency matches are here? Maybe a current student- you can PM me. I’m just having a hard time deciding between Rowan and an OOS school.

Do they do silent rejections?.. I completed around early August... and haven't heard anything from them.... no reject, hold, II, etc. Should I call?
+1. I'm thinking of calling as well

Has anyone called the admissions committee this week?

I'm thinking of calling tomorrow after noon but just wanna ask if anyone has an update to avoid overwhelming with calls.

Just got accepted today, interviewed on 10/25. Feeling extremely fortunate to be accepted in a school from my own state. First time poster here on SDN too, I decided to take a look on the portal and just saw the admissions offer sitting there. Anybody know how much of the class seats are left? and if there's an accepted students group somewhere?

There is a Facebook group for accepted students

Current 1st year, DM me any Qs.

Hardly on here anymore, so be patient.

Goodluck on the trail, you'll all be fine.

I finally heard back. Interviewed Oct 25 and got waitlisted Nov 19th. Didn't know because letter was mailed.

Does anyone know any info on waitlist regarding number of waitlisted people pr cycle and how many come off the waitlist, etc? Do in and out of state students share the same waitlist?

I finally heard back. Interviewed Oct 25 and got waitlisted Nov 19th. Didn't know because letter was mailed.

Does anyone know any info on waitlist regarding number of waitlisted people pr cycle and how many come off the waitlist, etc? Do in and out of state students share the same waitlist?
Last two cycles they had a waitlist as well as a hold list. People from the hold list are guaranteed a spot and ppl from the waitlist would get a spot IF there is any space after the hold list runs out , but that has not happened these last two years :(

feeling confused- LM65, interviewed at CMSRU, IS, recommendation from Rowan alumni, published research with Rowan Alumni, have met with a representative from admissions, extensive ties to NJ, desire to go into primary care and haven't even heard for an interview

You’re sounding a little entitled here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last two cycles they had a waitlist as well as a hold list. People from the hold list are guaranteed a spot and ppl from the waitlist would get a spot IF there is any space after the hold list runs out , but that has not happened these last two years :(

Would the hold list just include students who are offered admission after interviewing which then if they reject will go on until finally offering to waitlisted students. Isn't this how most schools offer admission or is it a completely separate list?

Hello, is anyone interviewing next month? I'm OOS and I will spend the weekend to explore the city, any tips? Places to visit?

Hello, is anyone interviewing next month? I'm OOS and I will spend the weekend to explore the city, any tips? Places to visit?

I interviewed OOS here also. Definitely check out Philadelphia. The city is rich in history and it has plenty of things to do like the Rocky Stairs from the movie. I went a day before and explored philly and then spent the night at a hotel close to Rowan.

I interviewed OOS here also. Definitely check out Philadelphia. The city is rich in history and it has plenty of things to do like the Rocky Stairs from the movie. I went a day before and explored philly and then spent the night at a hotel close to Rowan.
Thank you for the reply!

anyone from 10/25 not hear back yet? i think they said 12/7 was the latest we would probably hear because that is the first Friday of December

Hey! I tried to DM you. Just wanted to let you know we must have had the same interviewer, because I was given almost the exact comment. I was placed on the alternate list today so if you haven’t heard back, you will soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Lol no, I got accepted and 10/16

Hey. When is your interview? I just scheduled mine for the 11th of Dec. Am OOS too!
Awesome, I'm scheduled for the same day. I tried to DM you, but I couldn't. See if you can unlock your account to receive DM, or send me a msg.

Do you think it’s too late to submit a secondary to this school?? OOS LM67

Has anyone received a II recently? If so, when were you complete? I completed pretty late (10/1), and have a competitive MCAT. Haven't heard anything though.