2018-2019 Nova Southeastern School of Allopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The construction site is right behind where we have our classes, and I haven’t seen any progress yet

They have made a toooon of progress, maybe you just haven't seen it. They have built the basic structure of multiple buildings already in the past few months, so I'm optimistic about the timeline

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has questions about this program, and is trying to make a decision, feel free to PM me for some anonymous advice from an M1. I'll be open and honest about pretty much anything. I will say that I'm overall really happy here

They have made a toooon of progress, maybe you just haven't seen it. They have built the basic structure of multiple buildings already in the past few months, so I'm optimistic about the timeline

I agree. I feel pretty good about our chances of getting to us it, at least 4th year if not sooner!

Accepted from the waitlist

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!!!!! And I do not intend to withdraw from it!!!! See you guys at orientation.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the WL here today. How long do we have to decide if we were already accepted somewhere else? Also, has anyone gotten any financial aid information?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off of the waitlist yesterday afternoon! Do not plan on withdrawing my acceptance!

Accepted off the WL here today. How long do we have to decide if we were already accepted somewhere else? Also, has anyone gotten any financial aid information?
In case anyone else was wondering, they said you have to fill out the Intent Form, which is non-binding, by May 25th and the CTE date is June 30th. They also said that they have already started sending out scholarships.

Have any of you who’ve officially accepted your acceptance joined the Facebook page? DM me it you have!

I recently got my Biology MFT test result which was a mandatory exam taken before graduation of the curriculum subjects. I was wondering if this is worthy of an update? I scored in the 97th percentile.. I'd appreciate any feedback.

I recently got my Biology MFT test result which was a mandatory exam taken before graduation of the curriculum subjects. I was wondering if this is worthy of an update? I scored in the 97th percentile.. I'd appreciate any feedback.
Can’t hurt! I’d def send.

Just got accepted to my number one choice in a crazy turn of events, so I will be withdrawing my acceptance here! Best of luck everyone!!

So uh, what's with the very high cost of attendance here? During the interview, I was told that the COA is ~$102K for non-Florida residents and ~$96K for Florida residents. Is this an accurate COA estimate?

I can't seem to find any other MD school that costs that much. The tuition itself doesn't seem to be too crazy relative to other schools, but the cost of living (~ $40K including everything else besides the tuition) is noticeably higher than even that of schools in NYC like Columbia/NYU or other newer MD schools like CNU/Hackensack.

Any input, especially from the current students, would be appreciated! @Premed2295 @Yasuo

Apartments are pretty expensive near the school. 1/1s range from like 1300-1900 depending on how nice it is, and 2/2s range from 1500-2200+ in my experience.

I don’t exactly know why it’s so high overall though. It’s definitely plenty to live comfortably on and get necessary study materials without taking out max loans. Most shouldn’t have to take out max loans though

School of medicine Greenville is $112k COA. I didn't find NSUs price very different to other private programs.

The states the over estimated COA to ensure no one runs out of money and advise you dont borrow the full amount. COL is pretty high but I wouldn’t say outrageous. My roommate and I each pay $950 plus utilities for a 2/2. Tuition of course is costly but not out of line with otter private schools.
We have a lot of online text books so that helps cut costs too. Many people did have to purchase their first car in our class which is a little costly but that also depends on you. One will be necessary for second semester but if you have one you are fine there

Just withdrew. I hope my seat goes to one of you guys!

Hey guys! Applying here this cycle. Just curious, but did anyone get any scholarships, particularly OOS (I'm OOS)?

People in the first class who were OOS got about the same amount as IS from what I have seen. Last I heard about 1/3 of my class (charter class) got some sort of funding. Not sure about the second class yet.

I agree that the tuition itself is not drastically different than other private medical schools as mentioned in my post. I was just questioning why the COL estimate is much higher than other schools and whether it's a sound estimate based on current students' experience.

For example, U of Miami, another private medical school nearby, has COL (everything besides the tuition) of <$30K while NSU MD has ~$40K. NYU and Columbia also cost ~$32K. As far as I'm aware, all three of them are in pretty expensive areas as well.

Not trying to criticize the school, just trying to understand the expenses there.
I think U Miami and NYU are outliers with how low their COA is.

Was previously completely rejected, but just got an email that they've had so much movement off the waitlist they were moving me on to the waitlist... crazy!

Was previously completely rejected, but just got an email that they've had so much movement off the waitlist they were moving me on to the waitlist... crazy!
Wow
Congratulations!

Same, but I got into my top choice so I’m not replying lol

Hope you get in! Best of luck to you! :)

Moved from rejected to wait list after I had already submitted my primaries for the 2019-2020 cycle

So I interviewed at Nova's MD program on 2/1/19. I got a rejection letter from them 1-1.5 months later. Yesterday I got an email from them saying that they have moved me to the alternate list. Today I just got accepted to the program. I am currently in a mix of shock, confusion, and excitement haha

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
So I interviewed at Nova's MD program on 2/1/19. I got a rejection letter from them 1-1.5 months later. Yesterday I got an email from them saying that they have moved me to the alternate list. Today I just got accepted to the program. I am currently in a mix of shock, confusion, and excitement haha

do you mind sharing your stats and what time you received the acceptance? And are you going to accept haha

cGPA: 3.63, sGPA: 3.60, MCAT: 512. In state applicant. Accepted at 16:40. I am accepting.
Also, for what it's worth, I sent in a LoR from one of the doctors I worked with as a scribe and a letter of intent this morning. Kinda quick turn around from when I submitted to when I got accepted so unsure if that was a factor or not.

Wow that’s crazy!!!
Congrats!!!

Moved from rejected to waitlist to acceptance. I’m super excited. If only I hadn’t already submitted my primary’s for the 2019-2020 cycle

So uh, what's with the very high cost of attendance here? During the interview, I was told that the COA is ~$102K for non-Florida residents and ~$96K for Florida residents. Is this an accurate COA estimate?

I can't seem to find any other MD school that costs that much. The tuition itself doesn't seem to be too crazy relative to other schools, but the cost of living (~ $40K including everything else besides the tuition) is noticeably higher than even that of schools in NYC like Columbia/NYU or other newer MD schools like CNU/Hackensack.

Any input, especially from the current students, would be appreciated! @Premed2295 @Yasuo

Some schools grossly underestimate the costs of living for their respective locations. Miami area is slightly more expensive than the area around Davie. Many expensive schools tend to do that to mask their outrageous tuition costs. Certainly, NYC is much more expensive to live in that anywhere in Florida.

Moved from rejected to waitlist to acceptance. I’m super excited. If only I hadn’t already submitted my primary’s for the 2019-2020 cycle
Once again, congrats and that’s crazy.
Seeing your stats I’m surprised that you didn’t get in anywhere sooner, but congrats anyway!!

What a roller coaster of emotions lol. Grats.