2018-2019 Harvard Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to the secondary invite email:

The Medical School does NOT have rolling admissions; all applications submitted by the October 22nd deadline will receive full consideration. However, interview day scheduling becomes less flexible as the season progresses, so I encourage you to submit before the deadline rush, especially if you have scheduling restrictions.

So does this mean it's totally okay to submit like 3 weeks after receiving it (which would be around late August)?

Am really backed up on secondaries atm and would be a great relief if I could put this one on the backburner for now...
low key could be a nice one to get over with and not have to think about since its a pretty straightforward secondary

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

For those applying MSTP, question #5 for the Statement of Purpose essay is only for those who want to do a PhD in the social sciences, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the MSTP application, the Statement of Purpose is only for social science PhD programs right?

For the MSTP application, the Statement of Purpose is only for social science PhD programs right?
I'm pretty sure it says something along the lines of "For social science PhD students only." That was a big clue.

I'm pretty sure it says something along the lines of "For social science PhD students only." That was a big clue.
Someone answered her question days ago. Why do you feel the need to be an ***hole?

Reactions: 1 users
Someone answered her question days ago. Why do you feel the need to be an ***hole?
Just pointing out that this process makes intelligent people bug out so much that they forget how to follow simple instructions. Calling people ***holes on this forum is completely unwarranted. Take your anger elsewhere please.

Just pointing out that this process makes intelligent people bug out so much that they forget how to follow simple instructions. Calling people ***holes on this forum is completely unwarranted. Take your anger elsewhere please.
So I'm the angry one? Lol, ok.

II today!!!! This is not a drill! AAAHH freaking out!!!!!!

Reactions: 14 users
Holy ****, complete dates?? Congratulations thats crazy

Members don't see this ad :)
II a couple of minutes ago for Pathways! FREAKING OUT. OOS, LM 67. Never thought my stats would be good enough

Reactions: 16 users
II here as well!! I'm speechless. So excited for this one.

Reactions: 8 users
WOW congrats y'all!!!!! killing it

Congrats everyone on the II's! Did any of you apply to both Pathways and HST?

I'm looking at the dates available, and they're all a lot sooner than I expected/hoped for! All of my other interviews come during or after these dates so I'll likely have to reschedule one. However, that would make HMS my very first interview!! I'm hesitant about doing this because I feel like going to other interviews before this one will give me more time to prepare/practice.

Anyone have any advice for preparing? Or should I maybe call to see if they have later dates available? They seem to be pretty strict with dates given their email.

Lol relax bro, first of all probably not (definitely not because I know one of them isn't), and second of all, yikes

I wasn't trying to start a race war....just curious on the order of their reviewing process. Sorry if I came off wrong.

I'm looking at the dates available, and they're all a lot sooner than I expected/hoped for! All of my other interviews come during or after these dates so I'll likely have to reschedule one. However, that would make HMS my very first interview!! I'm hesitant about doing this because I feel like going to other interviews before this one will give me more time to prepare/practice.

Anyone have any advice for preparing? Or should I maybe call to see if they have later dates available? They seem to be pretty strict with dates given their email.
Congrats!!! What are the current available dates?

I wasn't trying to start a race war....just curious on the order of their reviewing process. Sorry if I came off wrong.
Lol you're good fam, the triple exclamation points threw me off

Congrats to everyone with an II! Please fill out the II tracker if you can :)

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone get a complete email from Harvard and/or have a date next to the complete box in the portal? Or is it just a checkmark?

Quick question, to those who have scheduled their IIs, did you receive an email confirmation?

Also, do any of you know what interview type means? Next to my scheduled date, there is an "interview type" with letters under it. Any idea what that is?

Quick question, to those who have scheduled their IIs, did you receive an email confirmation?

Also, do any of you know what interview type means? Next to my scheduled date, there is an "interview type" with letters under it. Any idea what that is?
What are the letters? (Disclaimer: no II yet over here)

What are the letters? (Disclaimer: no II yet over here)
Willing to tell you over PM - not sure what it is yet/if it's unique to everyone. It's literally just a pair of letters. This whole process has turned me into a neurotic mess.

Willing to tell you over PM - not sure what it is yet/if it's unique to everyone. It's literally just a pair of letters. This whole process has turned me into a neurotic mess.
Haha, I totally get that. I was thinking it might be related to Pathways vs. HST, since you mentioned the letters were under "interview type." Just a random (and probably incorrect) thought, though!

I didn't get a confirmation email from them. Also, I agree that it's likely just Pathways vs. HST.

Curious, did anyone get a complete email from Harvard? Or does it just show the green check mark and “application submitted” on your portal?

Curious, did anyone get a complete email from Harvard? Or does it just show the green check mark and “application submitted” on your portal?
Never got the complete email, only the green check mark. Even after getting the II, its just the green check mark.