2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know any information on the Drexel University bus system? Such as how frequently it goes between city center and Med campus, how reliable it is and price?

Costs nothing. Reliability is great, only thing you have to budget for is traffic, which can be AWFUL during rush hour.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
any reason why youre saying monday specifically or just guessing

Just guessing. I kinda looked at past year thread then I looked at when a couple of us mid-March interviewees received our decisions this year.

Last year it seems that on May 10 (a Thursday which makes sense as its their reported application review day), many folks got waitlisted. Then on May 14 a decent amount of folks got pulled off the waitlist.

This year we got waitlisted on Monday May 6th.. and it seems like there were either no decisions released today or very little so idk.. the new AMCAS rules are also in play.

Reactions: 1 users
Just guessing. I kinda looked at past year thread then I looked at when a couple of us mid-March interviewees received our decisions this year.

Last year it seems that on May 10 (a Thursday which makes sense as its their reported application review day), many folks got waitlisted. Then on May 14 a decent amount of folks got pulled off the waitlist.

This year we got waitlisted on Monday May 6th.. and it seems like there were either no decisions released today or very little so idk.. the new AMCAS rules are also in play.
you really need to stop with this nonsense

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone had luck with sending an LOI before a decision was made post interview ? not expecting it too, just curious

Could someone link to the fb page for class of 2023? I’m having trouble finding it

Accepted today! Interviewed 3/25 and waitlisted 4/22

Reactions: 9 users
I have a hunch forthcoming acceptances will be from the WL and post-II people with no word will end up with an insincere rejection when the class is filled. Unfortunately, I've been putting off moving plans based on this decision that they refuse to send.

I have a hunch forthcoming acceptances will be from the WL and post-II people with no word will end up with an insincere rejection when the class is filled. Unfortunately, I've been putting off moving plans based on this decision that they refuse to send.

when did you interview

Members don't see this ad :)
same

they said it can take 6 weeks to hear back and someone from january just heard back recently and got waitlisted so...

Someone should look at drexel's stats here, I am hoping this means good news for the waitlist people!

Someone should look at drexel's stats here, I am hoping this means good news for the waitlist people!
The data for Drexel on this spreadsheet is incorrect as far as I know. I think the actual post-interview acceptance rate is around 55%

stay tuned for Vladimir7's analysis

Haha wow!! What a savage response, it’s funny though, I dig it, all in good fun :).

In any case, I’m analyzing the data as we speak, so far it looks slightly misleading.. some numbers correlate with MSAR but some don’t.. and MSAR itself is not 100% accurate either. Not sure yet, but I’ll keep y’all posted.

Waitlisted this morning, interviewed on 3/21. Fingers crossed for us all

Reactions: 3 users
interviewed in february, accepted tuesday may 14. just turned down my acceptance. good luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 6 users
My current thoughts are as follows (again take this all with a grain of salt, if that).. the waitlist is ranked in some way sure, but people are also being PLACED on the waitlist in a specific pattern. I base this on the fact that thus far the “waitlist —> accepted” folks were interviewed around February. March interviewees were generally waitlisted after February interviewees, and should generally expect to be accepted after February interviewees have been accepted from the waitlist and so on.

Clearly however, high stats or especially sought-after applicants who did not butcher their interviews were accepted right off the bat.. this includes the folks in March, April that were accepted directly post-interview.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
My current thoughts are as follows (again take this all with a grain of salt, if that).. the waitlist is ranked in some way sure, but people are also being PLACED on the waitlist in a specific pattern. I base this on the fact that thus far the “waitlist —> accepted” folks were interviewed around February. March interviewees were generally waitlisted after February interviewees, and should generally expect to be accepted after February interviewees have been accepted from the waitlist and so on.

Clearly however, high stats or especially sought-after applicants who did not butcher their interviews were accepted right off the bat.. this includes the folks in March, April that were accepted directly post-interview.

Wow great analyst report. Bravo

To reiterate, interviewed in Jan, WL late march. I have no idea why Drexel is doing this to me - if you're going to kill me, just do it quickly lol

Reactions: 2 users
Was the application on their site for the merit based? Im trying to choose between 2 schools and want to see if Im eligible for anything

I didn’t apply for it, they reached out via phone last month to let me know I was awarded one. Idk if there’s an app for it or not!

I didn’t apply for it, they reached out via phone last month to let me know I was awarded one. Idk if there’s an app for it or not!
Hey congrats!

I was wondering this too. Today I received my financial aid package and it was under the cost of tuition. Does anyone know what this means? I tried calling, but the office is closed. I am a little worried.

Hey congrats!

I was wondering this too. Today I received my financial aid package and it was under the cost of tuition. Does anyone know what this means? I tried calling, but the office is closed. I am a little worried.

You can take out grad PLUS loans for the remaining amount (up to the total COA) through studentloans.gov

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

so then what about people who interviewed in dec and deferred in march? what does that mean for us? we are a lost cause? lol

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding deferred means you havent been reviewed which basically implies you have a lower priority for such review as compared to other applicants. Vs waitlist means that you have been reviewed by adcom and are deemed accepted to the medical school but are awaiting a seat.

What I took that to mean is you're low on the waitlist if it becomes super late. My only question is, do they change your status from deferred to waitlisted if they intend to admit you? Or is it deferred to admitted? The latter would imply deferred has no difference from wait list late in the game vs. the former means it's a ranked list that they shuffle through via priority.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding deferred means you havent been reviewed which basically implies you have a lower priority for such review as compared to other applicants.

What I took that to mean is you're low on the waitlist if it becomes super late. Unless someone has heard of deferred students being directly admitted?

A few people have been accepted after being deferred and were never waitlisted... Drexel claims that their deferred applicants were reviewed at monthly meetings just as everyone else was before being waitlisted, so I'm not sure if the 'low on the waitlist' interpretation is accurate (or at least I really hope it isn't hahah). Then again it's been 8 months since I interviewed so i can't imagine i'm exactly high up on the list there

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding deferred means you havent been reviewed which basically implies you have a lower priority for such review as compared to other applicants. Vs waitlist means that you have been reviewed by adcom and are deemed accepted to the medical school but are awaiting a seat.

What I took that to mean is you're low on the waitlist if it becomes super late. My only question is, do they change your status from deferred to waitlisted if they intend to admit you? Or is it deferred to admitted? The latter would imply deferred has no difference from wait list late in the game vs. the former means it's a ranked list that they shuffle through via priority.

deferred after interviewing I don't believe means you have no been reviewed, In our email it says you have been reviewed but no current decision has been made and your application will keep being reviewed at subsequent meetings. Then in april, I got a waitlist email. so not sure how it would necessarily mean low on the waitlist nor do I think a waitlist decision means your accepted pending seats...

almost no one got a waitlist email before april which means everyone was either getting deferred accepted or rejected. And then only later on in the cycle were people being put on the waitlist

deferred after interviewing I don't believe means you have no been reviewed, In our email it says you have been reviewed but no current decision has been made and your application will keep being reviewed at subsequent meetings. Then in april, I got a waitlist email. so not sure how it would necessarily mean low on the waitlist nor do I think a waitlist decision means your accepted pending seats...

almost no one got a waitlist email before april which means everyone was either getting deferred accepted or rejected. And then only later on in the cycle were people being put on the waitlist

Excellent, good to know. I was considering applying to this school, so I appreciate the insight. While n=1, my friend was someone put on their waitlist, not deferred, and got accepted shortly after (and she will be attending.) So, based off what you're telling me, the way to look at it than is unless you're accepted or rejected than you're in the same pool and the tag is meaningless?

Excellent, good to know. I was considering applying to this school, so I appreciate the insight. While n=1, my friend was someone put on their waitlist, not deferred, and got accepted shortly after (and she will be attending.) So, based off what you're telling me, the way to look at it than is unless you're accepted or rejected than you're in the same pool and the tag is meaningless?
It sure feels that way.