2018-2019 Des Moines University (DMU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome, Looks like the deadline is 7/13. Did you have any issues applying without being an Iowa resident @Chibucks15?
Nope. Still have my out of state license and everything. Just make sure to have proof of address

EDIT: I would get on this today because it takes up to 30 days to process. So if you’re gonna do it do it now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone found any apartments within walking distance that allow dogs? Imperial and Windsor Place don't.

The uncertainty that comes with being on the waitlist is terrible. Hope you get accepted soon. Would be cool to be classmates with the MCAT king of all DOs, lol :bow:
Just got accepted. Looks like we will be class mates. Looking forward to it

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anything on the site as to how to complete the outstanding requirements? Like drug test, upload immunizations, etc? Also, where do we send transcripts to? Trying to get all this stuff figured out now

Is there anything on the site as to how to complete the outstanding requirements? Like drug test, upload immunizations, etc? Also, where do we send transcripts to? Trying to get all this stuff figured out now
DMU is going to send you an email containing all of the information you need in a day or two. They will also have the Pulse (DMU intranet) set up for you once you pay the deposit.

Would any accepted students mind sharing their stats? I am applying for the fall 2020 cycle and am terrified about my low sGPA. In need of some hope! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would any accepted students mind sharing their stats? I am applying for the fall 2020 cycle and am terrified about my low sGPA. In need of some hope! Thank you!

Average stats for the class of 2022: 3.61/3.54/507. The average stats for the class of 2023 will be similar to that, I’m guessing.

Reactions: 1 users

3.3/3.3/521. Gpa was lower when the primary went out and I got interviewed though

3.0/3.1/512. Had a upward trend from 0.7 spga first year to consistent 3.4-3.5 range. This school rewards reinvention and looks past numbers.

Reactions: 6 users
What internet providers are people getting or have already gotten? What speed and what price? Furthermore has anyone used a hotspot or jetpack instead of purchasing internet through a carrier?

What internet providers are people getting or have already gotten? What speed and what price? Furthermore has anyone used a hotspot or jetpack instead of purchasing internet through a carrier?

I’m getting Mediacom 100 mbps because that’s what I had in undergrad (different city). As fast as you’d want it to be and had no issues with it other than they jack the prices up a good amount after the first year.

My family uses an AT&T hotspot and I’d say it’s solid for surfing the web. Video streaming is usually pretty decent but can be spotty on a few occasions (either buffering or lower quality video).

I’m getting Mediacom 100 mbps because that’s what I had in undergrad (different city). As fast as you’d want it to be and had no issues with it other than they jack the prices up a good amount after the first year.

My family uses an AT&T hotspot and I’d say it’s solid for surfing the web. Video streaming is usually pretty decent but can be spotty on a few occasions (either buffering or lower quality video).
thanks! do you know if 60 mbps, 50, or 25 mbps would be too slow for video streaming?

thanks! do you know if 60 mbps, 50, or 25 mbps would be too slow for video streaming?
I can't speak to how much download speed is necessary for the recorded lectures, but for things like Netflix or Hulu or YouTube, 25 Mbps is plenty

I got an email about if I was still interested in a seat should one open up which gives hope but at this point is causing problems. I have been accepted at another institution which has orientation in two weeks... it is hard to make plans and respect other students on that waitlist when my future is so uncertain.

Reactions: 4 users
I can't speak to how much download speed is necessary for the recorded lectures, but for things like Netflix or Hulu or YouTube, 25 Mbps is plenty

This ^^ I only got the 100 because I got a special deal on it. Will probably downgrade after the year is up

Got a similar email asking about my interest (1st quartile for reference).

"I hope this message finds you well! It has been a few weeks since we’ve touched base with you, so we would like to confirm that you are still interested in being considered for a seat in the Des Moines University DO Class of 2023. Please respond to this message to confirm or decline interest in a potential seat, if one should become available. We look forward to hearing from you."

Is this a good sign I might hear from them soon? And if so, what was the timeframe if anyone else got in after such an email? Thanks. I've got limited wifi this week and I'm stressed about being able to reply.

"I hope this message finds you well! It has been a few weeks since we’ve touched base with you, so we would like to confirm that you are still interested in being considered for a seat in the Des Moines University DO Class of 2023. Please respond to this message to confirm or decline interest in a potential seat, if one should become available. We look forward to hearing from you."

Is this a good sign I might hear from them soon? And if so, what was the timeframe if anyone else got in after such an email? Thanks. I've got limited wifi this week and I'm stressed about being able to reply.

I got an “are you still interested?” phone call and was accepted later that day. I think it means that you’re one of the people at the top of the list right now and will get one of the next free spots if people withdraw.

I was accepted two days after receiving that email.

I got this same email and am also three weeks out from orientation at a school over a thousand miles away lol. Holding out that we hear back this week! I'm going stir crazy!

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email about if I was still interested in a seat should one open up which gives hope but at this point is causing problems. I have been accepted at another institution which has orientation in two weeks... it is hard to make plans and respect other students on that waitlist when my future is so uncertain.
CONGRATS! & fyi, I also got one on Monday. Very excited that we might be wrapping up the First Quartile list and it appears we have a good chance of getting in. I'm looking on the DMU website to see the date of orientation and first day of class, but can't seem to locate those dates. Can anyone advise me as to where that info listed on the academic calendar and/or what those dates are?

Orientation July 29th and white clay is a couple weeks later I think the 20th or so?

Hey Fellow Last String of the First Quartilers--
Any of you still waiting for The Email? :rolleyes:
It's just another Friday-in-Limbo. . . .

ACCEPTED off the waitlist today via phone call!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users