2018-2019 Des Moines University (DMU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We get HP ProBook x360 440 G1 . Is that good?

I looked it up, and the internet tells me that it’s good. It also has a fancy name with lots of numbers, which means it’s advanced

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
We get HP ProBook x360 440 G1 . Is that good?

Hard to tell, they come in so many different configurations that it could either be really crappy or crazy nice. Won’t know till we get them

Reactions: 1 user
I looked it up, and the internet tells me that it’s good. It also has a fancy name with lots of numbers, which means it’s advanced
If we get the one that has at least i5 and 8gb of ram then will be pretty good. An i3 with 4gb would be doodoo for Windows 10.

Members don't see this ad :)
If we get the one that has at least i5 and 8gb of ram then will be pretty good. An i3 with 4gb would be doodoo for Windows 10.

Some of them have celerons too which would make any sort of anatomy program we’d have to use run really slow

Anybody considering purchasing an iPad for note taking? I currently have the newest Mac model and am wondering if pairing it with an iPad would be more intuitive than using both the school supplied computer and/or my own. From what I understand the supplied computer is mandatory mostly just for taking exams..?

Just withdrew my acceptance today. DMU is such a great school and I hope my spot goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted off the 1st quartile yesterday and will be attending! So excited to finally get into my definitive favorite! Hope more of the fellow waitlist fam gets in soon, crossing my fingers for you.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted, where and when are you moving in? I'm looking to secure an apartment myself from among the ones that are super close walking distance to campus. Also, any that are really worth taking into consideration, or any to avoid? I'd love to get one that's close and where a majority of the people living there are students. Thanks in advance.

For those accepted, where and when are you moving in? I'm looking to secure an apartment myself from among the ones that are super close walking distance to campus. Also, any that are really worth taking into consideration, or any to avoid? I'd love to get one that's close and where a majority of the people living there are students. Thanks in advance.
Try the imperial. I’m selling my contract for apt 109. Just ask for apt 109 from the leasing office.

Did anybody get work study? I would be interested in it but didn’t get the option and might call to ask

Current and rising DMU students, any housing recommendations? What’s your take on imperial apartments and 3000 grand apartments? Anything else near campus that is relatively good and affordable? Asking for a friend.

That's sounds like a lot of people. I would doubt there would be that many more slots opening up this late in the game, but what do I know. . ..

I’m literally torn because I’m accepted to another program, but I really want to go to DMU. I’d wait till the first day of class, but the orientation for the other program is earlier than DMU’s. I’m just really worried about the financial hole I’m going to be putting myself in if I start making accommodations now. Also worried about the hole I’m putting in my stomach from stressing out this much!!

Reactions: 3 users
I’m literally torn because I’m accepted to another program, but I really want to go to DMU. I’d wait till the first day of class, but the orientation for the other program is earlier than DMU’s. I’m just really worried about the financial hole I’m going to be putting myself in if I start making accommodations now. Also worried about the hole I’m putting in my stomach from stressing out this much!!

Which school?

Current and rising DMU students, any housing recommendations? What’s your take on imperial apartments and 3000 grand apartments? Anything else near campus that is relatively good and affordable? Asking for a friend.
Try the imperial. Selling me lease for apt 109.

Im in the same boat except that my orientation has already started so I will probably stay here now for all those reasons you mentioned... it’s hard because I really loved Dmu the most as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Im in the same boat except that my orientation has already started so I will probably stay here now for all those reasons you mentioned... it’s hard because I really loved Dmu the most as well.
Dang it sucks how early DO orientations are.

Is anyone else commuting? I'm wondering how many days per week I will actually need to be on campus for. I self-study best anyway, but if I could stay home 2-3 days per week an duse the online lectures that would be amazing. If not, I will have to stay with friends in DSM until we can figure out permanent housing.

Also, can anyone comment on the structure of clinicals here? Where do they usually take place, and do they allow for away rotations? It would save me a ton of money if I didn't have to move and could get away with commuting during the first 2 years, but idk how the clincal years work exactly and am assuming it would not be feasible to drive 80 min per day when on rotations.

Is anyone else commuting? I'm wondering how many days per week I will actually need to be on campus for. I self-study best anyway, but if I could stay home 2-3 days per week an duse the online lectures that would be amazing. If not, I will have to stay with friends in DSM until we can figure out permanent housing.

Also, can anyone comment on the structure of clinicals here? Where do they usually take place, and do they allow for away rotations? It would save me a ton of money if I didn't have to move and could get away with commuting during the first 2 years, but idk how the clincal years work exactly and am assuming it would not be feasible to drive 80 min per day when on rotations.
First year you'll have to be there most days between anatomy lab, OMM, etc. But it isn't too much. People still commute though from West Des Moines and just hang at school all day. Don't worry about clinicals yet. You have plenty of time to figure it out and it changes slightly from year to year. Clinicals are fine, but sometimes you might get screwed and have an out rotation. PM me with more questions. This whole situation you just make it work and it ends up great

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted off waitlist, y'all :biglove:Now I just gotta find a place to live and a way to move my car from CA (yikes).

Reactions: 5 users
Any one move in yet and want to grab a bite to eat and check out the city?