2018-2019 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too! I'm also coming from california. I'm going to live at the Residents. Pm me if you wanna chat some more!
Hey I couldn’t PM you for some reason, can you PM me first?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got pulled off the waitlist on 1/24. I'm soooooo happy!

Reactions: 4 users
For those who wrote a letter of intent, who did you address the letter to and where did you submit the letter to?

would you be willing to share your stats

cGPA: 3.29; sGPA: 3.5 MCAT: 498; volunteer activities, + over 7 yrs of working with direct patient care.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got pulled off the waitlist at ARCOM. I cannot believe this. I was interviewing at podiatry schools this past month and was set on attending podiatry school until I got called around 2 central time. Stats: 3.7 Grad gpa, MCAT:498

Reactions: 8 users
Just got pulled off the waitlist at ARCOM. I cannot believe this. I was interviewing at podiatry schools this past month and was set on attending podiatry school until I got called around 2 central time. Stats: 3.7 Grad gpa, MCAT:498
Congrats that is awesome.

This. Still cant believe the person who dropped off the waitlist here

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! Can anyone update me with any news for the upcoming year. I have no idea what's going on haha

Thank you! Can anyone update me with any news for the upcoming year. I have no idea what's going on haha
Go ahead and ask to join the Facebook group "ARCOM Class of 2023" and take it from there.

Get ready for a wild ride. Someone in my class was accepted 2 days before orientation. I couldn't imagine that

Hiya! I'm on the search for 1-2 (ideally female) roommates with a budget ranging from $600-800. I have found a couple very nice properties that I am interested in that are close to school in very safe areas. Please message me if interested!

It's really nice seeing people still getting accepted. I really hope I get the call in the next two weeks especially since my family lives in Eureka Springs, AR and plan to stay and practise in the small town of Berryville, AR right next door. So would really be a bummer having to go all the way to the Carribean with my wife and six year old to then try and come back right here in Arkansas to practise. I was actually about to mail my deposit in for Grenada until saw that people are still getting accepted.

It's really nice seeing people still getting accepted. I really hope I get the call in the next two weeks especially since my family lives in Eureka Springs, AR and plan to stay and practise in the small town of Berryville, AR right next door. So would really be a bummer having to go all the way to the Carribean with my wife and six year old to then try and come back right here in Arkansas to practise. I was actually about to mail my deposit in for Grenada until saw that people are still getting accepted.
I know exactly how you feel right now. I got a call yesterday from arcom and I was frozen cause I was not expecting a call. Have you reached out to arcom with a letter of intent or even just called the admission office? If not I definitely would and tell them you are still very interested and that if you’re pulled off, you will undoubtedly attend. And if you don’t mind me asking. Why the Caribbean’s? Have you exhausted all your choices and how old are you?

Dont go there. Retake the MCAT if you dont get accepted this go around
The year off is way better than the Carribean

I definitely would not go to the Caribbean, especially when you have to uproot your whole family to do so. If youre on the waitlist, it probably doesn't take much more app improvement to get accepted.

I'm from the Caribbean, and I would NOT go back there to start a family, let alone moving my wife and a 6 year old there just to go to a school where you basically have less than 50% Chance of becoming a Doctor. DON'T do that to yourself man.

I have been waitlisted since October, and 2 weeks ago I finally got the acceptance call while studying MCAT to reapply. I'm super excited as I did not think this would happen.

Stats are: 4.0 gpa, 501 MCAT, 100 hours shadowing, not a lot of volunteer/research however

Reactions: 7 users
are there any females still looking for roommates?

Last edited:
How difficult is it to use the digital books? I heard you need to be on the school network and the books are free to first year students. Does anyone know if you can access the books via VPN? Also, do I understand correctly that 2nd year students cannot use the books for free?

On a side note, I wonder about the recorded lectures. It would be nice if it were possible to watch them at home...

How difficult is it to use the digital books? I heard you need to be on the school network and the books are free to first year students. Does anyone know if you can access the books via VPN? Also, do I understand correctly that 2nd year students cannot use the books for free?

On a side note, I wonder about the recorded lectures. It would be nice if it were possible to watch them at home...
The library online books are available free for everyone as long you're a student. And to my knowledge you can access them off campus, you just have to login with your ARCOM email. So there's no need for a VPN.

And yes, you can watch the recorded lectures at home. That's the whole point of it.

Edit: I wanted to add that it's not difficult at all to use the online books. The only things is they don't have page numbers, so we have to go by chapters and sections. Professors have been very helpful in trying to not only provide page numbers but also chapters and sections for the pre-readings.

Last edited:
The library online books are available free for everyone as long you're a student. And to my knowledge you can access them off campus, you just have to login with your ARCOM email. So there's no need for a VPN.

And yes, you can watch the recorded lectures at home. That's the whole point of it.

Edit: I wanted to add that it's not difficult at all to use the online books. The only things is they don't have page numbers, so we have to go by chapters and sections. Professors have been very helpful in trying to not only provide page numbers but also chapters and sections for the pre-readings.

Thank you so much. I calculated the cost of all books according to publisher's list price. $2000!

Thank you so much. I calculated the cost of all books according to publisher's list price. $2000!
You're welcome. I only bought the anatomy and some omm books, but besides the Netters atlas, I've never even opened them once.

You're welcome. I only bought the anatomy and some omm books, but besides the Netters atlas, I've never even opened them once.

Are the OMM books useful?

Maybe paying attention to what the instructors emphasize and reviewing class recordings if needed might be a good strategy. Reading textbooks is boring, anyway.

Are the OMM books useful?

Maybe paying attention to what the instructors emphasize and reviewing class recordings if needed might be a good strategy. Reading textbooks is boring, anyway.
Not at all. Our OMM course director makes OMM very easy for us, and give us everything we need to know for the tests and boards on his PowerPoint slides and study guides. The only time you're gonna need to read an OMM book is for the iRATs/tRATs, for which you can use the online books. Some people don't even read them and just guess on those quizzes since they're such a small part of our total grades.

Any OMS-III's out there that can provide feedback on the Cape Girardeau and Poplar Bluff Missouri rotation sites?

No
Anybody know the first years COMLEX board scores?
Not out yet because COMLEX went through some changes this year causing NBOME to work on a new passing score, percentile ranks, and other statistics. The earliest release date for this year is July 16.
Screenshot_20190712-123534_Chrome.jpeg

NoNot out yet because COMLEX went through some changes this year causing NBOME to work on a new passing score, percentile ranks, and other statistics. The earliest release date for this year is July 16.View attachment 271423

What was the general consensus on the class while they were taking practice exams? Did everyone feel like they’d at least pass? I’m assuming most will perform just fine.

What was the general consensus on the class while they were taking practice exams? Did everyone feel like they’d at least pass? I’m assuming most will perform just fine.
To be honest, I don't talk to enough of them to get a good representation of the class, but the people I talk to (about a handful) are great smart students that have gotten their USMLE scores back and have scored in the 240s and 250s. I think with the inaugural class (avg 499 MCAT) since the school had to struggle to fill the class because there were less than 2000 applicants back then, plus all the bumps they had to go through for being a brand new school, I think the best we can except is maybe ~80% first time pass rate, and then hopefully 95-100% on second pass.

Reactions: 2 users