2018-2019 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To be honest, I don't talk to enough of them to get a good representation of the class, but the people I talk to (about a handful) are great smart students that have gotten their USMLE scores back and have scored in the 240s and 250s. I think with the inaugural class (avg 499 MCAT) since the school had to struggle to fill the class because there were less than 2000 applicants back then, plus all the bumps they had to go through for being a brand new school, I think the best we can except is maybe ~80% first time pass rate, and then hopefully 95-100% on second pass.

Dude. Those scores are sick. I expected a low pass rate for the first class, however. It will iron itself out especially as the adcoms get more selective with each class coming in.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I recently got accepted and am super excited to start! Would any male students be interested in sharing an apartment with me?
PM me if interested!
Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So looks like I won't be accepting my offer to the Carribean school after all... Bummer! Just got accepted to ARCOM! Also, to show people that everyone has a shot my GPA was around 3.2 overall however had 200 hours at LSU when graduated in Accounting and IT and had a 2.9gpa and graduated in 2012.
I then went back to school three years ago and made 4.0 and won multiple awards and was an officer in multiple clubs along with 1000's of hours shadowing everything from spine surgery to family medicine. However, when added both together it still sat around 3.2-3.3 overall. Also, my MCAT scores were 495 and 490 so moral is never give up. *Also, did like I saw other people on here had done and turned in a letter of intent last Thursday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So looks like I won't be accepting my offer to the Carribean school after all... Bummer! Just got accepted to ARCOM! Also, to show people that everyone has a shot my GPA was around 3.2 overall however had 200 hours at LSU when graduated in Accounting and IT and had a 2.9gpa and graduated in 2012.
I then went back to school three years ago and made 4.0 and won multiple awards and was an officer in multiple clubs along with 1000's of hours shadowing everything from spine surgery to family medicine. However, when added both together it still sat around 3.2-3.3 overall. Also, my MCAT scores were 495 and 490 so moral is never give up. *Also, did like I saw other people on here had done and turned in a letter of intent last Thursday.

So happy for you. You are going to love ARCOM!!!

Thank You, and now just gotta find a cheap room to rent out nearby. The funny part is had given up and had just got hired and gone through orientation to be a city carrier assistant with United States Postal Service. It was fun spending two days though driving around in a right-hand drive postal jeep training. If it was anything other than medical school would have tried to be an amazon rural carrier on Sundays in Fort Smith but with medical school there no way working during school semester.

Last edited:

Nice work on the gpa future doc! I had to do some damage control too since I basically coasted my way through my biochemistry degree. It’s not easy to fix things. Welcome to the ARCOM fam, fam. :)

Nice work on the gpa future doc! I had to do some damage control too since I basically coasted my way through my biochemistry degree. It’s not easy to fix things. Welcome to the ARCOM fam, fam. :)

I had the same experience. I applied to PA school in 2018 and didn't even get an interview, probably because of my GPA from my degree in 2006. I thought, we'll I'm not wasting another year to try to get into PA school again, so I used that year to work toward med school admission. Was accepted to ARCOM last November. So if all goes to plan, I'll be a P instead of a PA.

The point is, some people can really be unforgiving for the past. Trying to climb out of it can be difficult or impossible. I didn't realize this when my wife and I quit our good jobs for us to move back to Arkansas and for me to pursue a PA program.

I had the same experience. I applied to PA school in 2018 and didn't even get an interview, probably because of my GPA from my degree in 2006. I thought, we'll I'm not wasting another year to try to get into PA school again, so I used that year to work toward med school admission. Was accepted to ARCOM last November. So if all goes to plan, I'll be a P instead of a PA.

The point is, some people can really be unforgiving for the past. Trying to climb out of it can be difficult or impossible. I didn't realize this when my wife and I quit our good jobs for us to move back to Arkansas and for me to pursue a PA program.

Interviewed at MSUCOM and was rejected because of my GPA post interview. Why even bother to invite me? They told me to my face. I totally understand the unforgiving nature of things. That was a punch in the gut.

Well, the Joplin medical school came and spoke to my Caduceus Club in Joplin and I told him my exact GPA and MCAT score and told him how I thought they didn't even look at applications with my scores. He specifically told me that no that was not the case and that they look at everything and that I should definitely pay and send mine in. So I did as the guy said and then weeks later received email saying they were not going to even offer me secondary solely due to my MCAT score. I was shocked that the guy literally lied to me and after that invited ARCOM to come and speak to my school and would of never even considered the Joplin school even if I had made a better score even though live in walking distance.

Interviewed at MSUCOM and was rejected because of my GPA post interview. Why even bother to invite me? They told me to my face. I totally understand the unforgiving nature of things. That was a punch in the gut.

I agree. My only guess is that program enjoys getting the application fees. I trust ARCOM, but other programs might be in it just for the money.

Hey guys I just got an interview here and I wanted to know what the post II acceptance rate here is?

Could someone please elaborate on ARCOMs rotation strength? Also, do you think these rotations will be quite friendly to ARCOM students for residency placement?

Not a good idea especially this early in the cycle. For the DO cycle, October all the way through early November is still early.

Edit: You don't wanna spend lots of money and apply without the MCAT, then get a score you weren't expecting later.
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
what?! i had no idea